OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
That's awful, man.

As lame as it sounds, you'll have us to bitch about hockey with, and i'm sure any and all of us are willing to give you an ear if you need it.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Sorry for your loss man, my brothers and I also share a common bond through hockey and I can’t imagine losing one of them.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Thank you all. I don't feel like the pain is ever going to stop because we had so much in common that everything reminds me of him. And I'm so terrified for his kids, especially his 9 year old son who worshipped the ground he walked on. He had a heart transplant 20 years ago and I guess it's a miracle he lasted as long as he did,but he was still only 45.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
So if anyone plays FIFA, I pulled IF Hazard and Kante in the same gold premium pack today. I nearly flipped my table I was going crazy

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm on the longest 4 hour drive of my life. My brother passed away this afternoon at the Cleveland Clinic and now we have to drive home to my mom and his kids. Don't take anyone you care about for granted because they could be gone minutes after you talked to them. Now I'll have to watch hockey alone and I don't know if I can do it without his love of the sport keeping me from giving up on the Flyers ****show a second time.

Thoughts with you and your family,,

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just started watching it a few days ago. About to start episode 2 of season 3.

I just finished "Stranger Things 2" yesterday and was thinking about what bad taste you have lol. But in fairness, I also understood how much of an impact the nostalgia had on those of us who lived through the 80s - it's really, really powerful in that show, actually, and it's nearly impossible to judge it objectively because of that. It is really well shot, though, and there are a lot of good things about it that you should like better than you do.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I just finished "Stranger Things 2" yesterday and was thinking about what bad taste you have lol. But in fairness, I also understood how much of an impact the nostalgia had on those of us who lived through the 80s - it's really, really powerful in that show, actually, and it's nearly impossible to judge it objectively because of that. It is really well shot, though, and there are a lot of good things about it that you should like better than you do.

I loved Season 2. Got better with each episode. I was born in 85 so I didnt really "live" in the 80s but I grew up on 80s movies and music so the nostalgia is still a major factor for me. Not liking is the sign of a sociopath, sorry Striiker lol

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Yeah, obviously there's no nostalgia for me there. But, believe it or not, many of my favorite movies are from the 80s.

Honestly, I liked the concept of Stranger Things, I thought the visuals were very well done, and I think if the things I didn't like were fixed, it'd be a great show.

But I just can't get past the dialog writing and the line delivery... it's something so so so so so important to me in TV shows and movies. Especially in serious shows, like this was.

If it's bad then it ruins the whole thing. Unfortunately, in this show, I thought it was truly awful.

It's kind of like when someone points something out and then you can't un-see it... as soon as I heard a few lines that were painfully bad, I was just listening for it for the rest of the show.

I loved Season 2. Got better with each episode. I was born in 85 so I didnt really "live" in the 80s but I grew up on 80s movies and music so the nostalgia is still a major factor for me. Not liking is the sign of a sociopath, sorry Striiker lol

:laugh: All good, I've been called way worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad