Prospect Info: 58th Joni Ikonen

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So many wasted top 60 picks.

I wouldn't qualify a pick that has had serious injury after serious injury since he was drafted as a wasted pick.

Since he was drafted in 2017, Ikonen has played a total of 88 games in the last 3 years.

And 52 of those 88 games were in 2017-18. Since then, he only played 36 games last season and this past season.

• Wow
Reactions: Nedved

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No thanks... with Suzuki, Dach, Beck... Habs are in pretty good hands at C for longtime.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
The whole scenario here is him proving he is worthwhile.

If he can be PPG in the Liiga, there would be definite interest from me.
He’s on a good little run 8 points in 9 games.. last year he was .5 PPG, the sum of his previous years are worse then .5

This is a nothing player, doesn’t move any needle for us, will never be NHL material. Not good enough for top 6 and not suited for bottom 6. We already have enough players like that and we have access to a bunch more if needed.

It’s a no from me, I don’t ever wanna see him again.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He’s on a good little run 8 points in 9 games.. last year he was .5 PPG, the sum of his previous years are worse then .5

This is a nothing player, doesn’t move any needle for us, will never be NHL material. Not good enough for top 6 and not suited for bottom 6. We already have enough players like that and we have access to a bunch more if needed.

It’s a no from me, I don’t ever wanna see him again.

I love how you can make such definitive statement despite having absolutely no clue about the player or his history except his stat sheet.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I love how you can make such definitive statement despite having absolutely no clue about the player or his history except his stat sheet.
Meh he’s 23, small, his stats suck, 3 points in 22 playoff games.

You’re right, I don’t have a clue, tell me what you see in him.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Seriously think I'm going to waste my time after you wrote that first sentence? You clearly have no desire to learn more.
Well my first line is basically what he is on paper. I’m willing to learn more, if you see something I don’t let me know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad