GDT: #55 Sharks @ Tampa Bay, 4:30PM Pacific, CSN-CA, SUN, KFOX 98.5

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Joe Thornton is the best player on this team again (if he ever wasn't) and it's not particularly close. If he can do this in the playoffs and Jones can give us at least average goaltending, we have a shot against anyone.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
I just added it up myself... Wow. That's pretty damn impressive. It's funny how the Ducks are getting all this attention for their great record lately and how they're legit contenders and all that jazz... when we've been doing the same thing. I think Anaheim 's a little better than us, but not enough that they should be getting all the attention when no one notices us.

Ducks getting all the attention because of how their season started.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
To be fair, the Ducks took the champs to 7 games in the WCF. People had reason to be high on them.

For sure, but I think there's a lot of pundits patting themselves on the back to explain why the Ducks are getting a lot more coverage for their resurgence compared to us.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
What the Sharks are doing is great, but I still remain cautious because they have a tendency to have a dry spell every now and again. If they can keep losing streaks at like 2 or 3 or less, that will help. It is nice they are starting to beat these high quality teams though. That was a fun game last night. I have a feeling the Panthers (Who are also fun to watch) game will be equally as fun.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
For sure, but I think there's a lot of pundits patting themselves on the back to explain why the Ducks are getting a lot more coverage for their resurgence compared to us.

I think you nailed it. Before the season, everyone considered the Ducks a great team and the Sharks a garbage team. Discussing the Ducks great record is a validation of their opinion; discussing the Sharks is an admittance that they were mistaken. Everyone likes to brag about how smart they are. No one likes to admit they were wrong.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was at the game, Sharks almost always win in Tampa. Sometimes you get a track meet and dueling hat tricks, but it's usually been a victory most of the times.

Only Sharks loss I've seen in TB was an OT loss 4 years ago, in a really high scoring game.

Any seat behind the goal when Ben Bishop is on that side, should be considered an ''Obstructed view'' forgot just how big this blimp looks in person. Glad to see him get lit up. Jones was a beast.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
What the Sharks are doing is great, but I still remain cautious because they have a tendency to have a dry spell every now and again. If they can keep losing streaks at like 2 or 3 or less, that will help. It is nice they are starting to beat these high quality teams though. That was a fun game last night. I have a feeling the Panthers (Who are also fun to watch) game will be equally as fun.

The Lightning have been having problems all season. I dont think you could call them high quality this year. The Sharks will go as Joe Thornton goes. His line is doing great right now......

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Him and about a half dozen other playoff goalies. :laugh:

He's not exactly known for being a playoff goalie at all. He's also been a below average starter for 3 of the last 4 years.

And the Preds might need to light a lot of lamps down the stretch if they're going to get in with the way Rinne has played this season.

Maybe they'll trade for Hiller at the deadline?:sarcasm::laugh:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
He's not exactly known for being a playoff goalie at all. He's also been a below average starter for 3 of the last 4 years.

And the Preds might need to light a lot of lamps down the stretch if they're going to get in with the way Rinne has played this season.

Maybe they'll trade for Hiller at the deadline?:sarcasm::laugh:

I was just referring to goalies that get into the playoffs (i.e. Hiller, Quick, Anderson), not necessarily ones that are considered "playoff goalies."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad