Prospect Info: #52 Dmitri Buchelnikov, 2022 Draft

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think Buch plays 1 more year in the KHL and then makes the roster in 25-26. He's already playing in a pro league, there isn't an adjustment to playing against men he'll need to make.
Big difference KHL garbage team and cup contender Red Wings, both physically needs to get stronger, one extra year in GR will be good for him

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
A kid isn't going to come over from the KHL to play in the AHL. Good luck trying to convince them of such.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Big difference KHL garbage team and cup contender Red Wings, both physically needs to get stronger, one extra year in GR will be good for him

he could be playing for SKA next year to be fair, they still own his rights he's just on that bottom team on a loan

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
My guess is he never comes over here.

Signed there until the end of the 2025 season. Hope he comes, doubt that he will.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Signed there until the end of the 2025 season. Hope he comes, doubt that he will.

Kaprizov was over 23 years old when he came over. Buch is only 20. If we used that timeline Buch would be arriving for the 2026 season and still be a few months younger than Kaprizov.

We'll have to be patient but there's no reason to be a doomer about it just yet.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

I mean that's only 1 more season after this year

it's possible he never comes over but that isn't exactly a very long time from now considering this is the first year he's really even played in the KHL(10 games last year in the league with tiny minutes)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Your opinion is the worst case scenario, so that seems a little doomer.

Well, I guess he could die or something. Maybe that's full doomer.
He could have an irresistible burning desire to become a Chicago Blackhawk. That might be worse than death.

• Wow
Reactions: Bench

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Could be mistaken but Draper did an interview relatively recently and said that he was excited to cross the pond and play for us but he has to wait out his contract situation

He seems like a great kid, tons of skill
The Russian sports federation announced in 2023 that they were going to start pushing for Russian kids to spend at least 4-5 years in the KHL, which means you may not see guys like Michkov or Buchelnikov until 2028.

I am not sure Fetisov would be any help as he seems to have bought into the new wave of Russian nationalism.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Your opinion is the worst case scenario, so that seems a little doomer.

Well, I guess he could die or something. Maybe that's full doomer.
Well Red Wings and Russian prospects do have a history of serious injuries......

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
The Russian sports federation announced in 2023 that they were going to start pushing for Russian kids to spend at least 4-5 years in the KHL, which means you may not see guys like Michkov or Buchelnikov until 2028.

I am not sure Fetisov would be any help as he seems to have bought into the new wave of Russian nationalism.
That’s literally meaningless though, they’ve always wanted NHL prospects to stay in Russia for as long as possible.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
That’s literally meaningless though, they’ve always wanted NHL prospects to stay in Russia for as long as possible.
There's nothing official but I've seen in multiple places that it might move beyond "Plz stay" to "plz stay or we'll draft you into the military and make you stay".

I'm interested to see how it develops over the next few years.

Reactions: Gniwder and Henkka

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I have no idea what is going on with Russian prospects, but it's nothing, like what guys like Fedorov, Fetisov, Larionov went thru . Time has changed and some guys not even wanting to come to NA. Some guys , like Kovalchuk , Datsyuk, Radulov, could still be stars in NHL , but they decided to go back to Russia. We should be careful when we drafting guys from Russia, I mean not to draft them high.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I have no idea what is going on with Russian prospects, but it's nothing, like what guys like Fedorov, Fetisov, Larionov went thru . Time has changed and some guys not even wanting to come to NA. Some guys , like Kovalchuk , Datsyuk, Radulov, could still be stars in NHL , but they decided to go back to Russia. We should be careful when we drafting guys from Russia, I mean not to draft them high.

The future will be that Russians will definitely want out from there. Are wanting right now, but many are probably too scared to leave. The situation is more near of the years before Soviet Union collapse, than 30 years after that.

But yeah, they still have the "factor", and the reason for the "factor" has changed a bit during years, and guys should be taken only as low-round picks.

Boom or bust, definitely with russians.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
What current player would he be compared to, as far as trajectory-to-the-NHL-wise? Someone like Marchenko? Chinakhov?

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Buch's KHL Season with Admiral finished today

13 Goals 16 assists 29 Points in 55 Games

Will be interesting to see if he goes down a level, possibly back with Neva in the VHL, to play a little more...

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad