GDT: #51 - 02/01/18 | maple leafs @ rangers | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
It is interesting to see the difference between the way Toronto has progressed versus Edmonton. Yep, I know, Toronto hasn't won anything yet, but that is not the point.
I think it is almost unbelievable for Leafs fans. They probably still find it hard to believe they are becoming legit after all the horrible Front Office shenanigans by the Maple Leafs over the years.

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
JG is the worst GM in the game and it's not even close.
He's regressed further in each year he's been GM thus far IMO..

Montreal fans would argue that.

But I agree, Gorton hasn't done well in his tenure here.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
AV should’ve been canned after the Ottawa series. Gorton’s moves have always been about turning back the clock a bit and adding youth and skill

He single handedly cost us that series with his player deployment. I figured he was on a real short leash after that but he’s still here. Amazed actually. I think it’s due more to no one else being let go. There isn’t a real good replacement out there.

Very rare no coaches are fired all year

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Edmonton is a basket case still. Bobbleheads of McTavish and Lowe still control things, in some kind of weird netherworld.
Chiarelli should never have ventured there.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Edmonton is a basket case still. Bobbleheads of McTavish and Lowe still control things, in some kind of weird netherworld.
Chiarelli should never have ventured there.

Maybe Sather still runs the show in Edmonton, and the Rangers are a sock puppet?

Well played Gordie Clarke...

Last edited:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
It is interesting to see the difference between the way Toronto has progressed versus Edmonton. Yep, I know, Toronto hasn't won anything yet, but that is not the point.
I think it is almost unbelievable for Leafs fans. They probably still find it hard to believe they are becoming legit after all the horrible Front Office shenanigans by the Maple Leafs over the years.
It’s a fairly competent rebuild... certainly helped getting Mathews. But they did put some folks in charge who know what they’re doing.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rangers went out in 5 playoff games in JG's first year.

Out in the 2nd round (in a series they should have won) in his second year.

Unless they changed the definition of regression, I'm pretty sure that isn't it.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
JG is the worst GM in the game and it's not even close.
He's regressed further in each year he's been GM thus far IMO..
That’s ridiculous, and you’re letting your biases about Smith and Mika drive your statements.

If you can watch this team and think they’re well coached, idk what to tell you

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I've yet to get an explanation on why JG is so terrible. Hasn't fired AV yet, yes, but he could be using the fact that he's hot garbage to improve draft position.

Reactions: Tob

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That’s ridiculous, and you’re letting your biases about Smith and Mika drive your statements.

If you can watch this team and think they’re well coached, idk what to tell you

Didn't you know that the Rangers would have beaten Ottawa if they never traded Brass even though AV completely blew it and Zibanejad outproduced Brassard in that series?!?!?!

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Rangers went out in 5 playoff games in JG's first year.

Out in the 2nd round (in a series they should have won) in his second year.

Unless they changed the definition of regression, I'm pretty sure that isn't it.

If you take a 2 year increment sample size instead, voila, we have regression.

It was a first round against the eventual cup champs in his first year.

The second year 2nd round appearance? It was Henrik with a better save percentage than Price despite the team giving up 63% of dangerous high percentage chances.

Montreal is the second worst team to make the playoffs last year, besides us and it's showing this in the regular seaosn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad