Prospect Info: 50th Overall - Nikita Chibrikov

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Interesting pick, sounds good if he turns out.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Probably too early to tell. But are we needing to do some swaying to make him come to Winnipeg? I'd rather not see another Ivan Telegin situation.
Well, the main issue with Telegin was that he ended up not being particularly good. That, combined with an unwillingness to work his way up through the system didn't work out for either party.

But I agree that it will be interesting to see. Very different situation from any other Russian player we've drafted. I don't think the franchise has drafted a Russian out of Russia this high since Ilya Nikulin (which REALLY didn't work out, so I'm hoping this will be better).

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Is this Dude in the legendary Black Book? If so, I’ll probably order it so I can read about him and Lucius

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Captained the U-18 last season and was the 2nd highest scorer for the Russians. I wonder if there is any chance he makes the U-20 next season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Based on a quick google search, it appears that he is. @surixon can you confirm?

Yes he is in it. I just read the report and they say he is fantastic in the nz and a gifted playmaker who plays a fearless game. They don't think he'll be much of a goal scorer but he's solid off the puck as well.

So to me he looks like a quick and feisty play driving winger that can likely play in your middle 6. This is the type of player I was looking for in round 1 so I am pretty happy about getting him here.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Based on a quick google search, it appears that he is. @surixon can you confirm?

Yes he is in it. I just read the report and they say he is fantastic in the nz and a gifted playmaker who plays a fearless game. They don't think he'll be much of a goal scorer but he's solid off the puck as well.

So to me he looks like a quick and feisty play driving winger that can likely play in your middle 6. This is the type of player I was looking for in round 1 so I am pretty happy about getting him here.

Thanks, both!

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

From U-18 he reminded me of Ehlers with his puck skill particularly getting out and into the zone, but less speed, more heavy, thick lower body kind of guy.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I thought he was Russia's best player at the u18s yes better then Michkov overall. Don't get me wrong Michkov is great and going to be great but he really needed help and I thought Chibrikov really drove the play all over the ice. He really is a bit like Ehlers but with a more bullish mentality

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
From U-18 he reminded me of Ehlers with his puck skill particularly getting out and into the zone, but less speed, more heavy, thick lower body kind of guy.

Agreed, he doesn't have Ehlers finishing ability but we need more playdrivers that can put some points on the board and I think this kid can do that if he continues to develop. He's perhaps my favorite 2nd round pick we've made to date.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Definitely adding to the Jets hot factor.

Stay tuned for more cutting edge commentary on how attractive the Jets organization is.

Also, his name is actually НИКИТА ЧИБРИКОВ, so make sure yo u use it going forward

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad