GDT: #50 - 01/25/18 | Rangers @ Sharks | 10:30 - NBCSCA, MSG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
I don’t think you realize how much we need to lose this game.

Okay. I don’t root for us to lose games. This is mostly tongue in cheek.

But honestly this team is better off coming home 0-4 and embarrassed and being forced to make some tough decisions than winning this game and “putting off” any reservations JG might have about pulling the trigger on some moves.

Listen guys, I’m not even saying we’re bad. I’m not saying tear it down. But every team needs young talent to stay competitive these days and we are fairly barren in that department. This year, whether we get in or not, is truly and simply NOT our year. It’s plain as day. Anyone who cannot or will not accept that is not living in reality. This team cannot win the Cup. We are already slightly outside of a wildcard position. Yes, we can claw our way to a 6-8 seed and see one, maybe two rounds, but that does not help us in any way. It doesn’t get us closer to Hank’s Cup. It does nothing. We cannot go further than that. But we are in a prime position to sell on UFAs, perhaps on more pieces, let ourselves fall into the bottom 10 for ONE year and we can literally be right back in the playoff race next year. This team needs two more 1st rounders, at least one in the top 10, so badly and we don’t have to endure a long, drawn out suckfest before wr can be good again. But we do need to see the light and make the right decisions this year. One year of saying “we aren’t good enough to be where we want to be” isn’t that big of a price to pay to set up our future to be MUCH brighter than it currently is. If we can draft once in the top 10 and again in the top 20, on top of Lias, Chytil, Shesty, Buch and ADA our future is bright. If we draft 27th and hold onto all our assets, the future is significantly less so.

The Sens lost game 7 of the conference finals last year in OT with a team that shouldn't really have been in the discussion to win it. It can happen and it has happened. Obviously we likely get nowhere, but I'd rather be in than out.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Ada was up and down to start the year...even with that he was better than Holden or Kampfer....sending him down may have helped him....but keeping him up may have done the same thing...and he might have gained more or experience. Doesn't matter at this point.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
The Sens lost game 7 of the conference finals last year in OT with a team that shouldn't really have been in the discussion to win it. It can happen and it has happened. Obviously we likely get nowhere, but I'd rather be in than out.

I’d rather be out. Gods honest truth. The sens got through us, and we were barely a legitimate playoff team to begin with, to get there. The Sens would have gotten smoked by the Preds. And the Sens don’t have a bare cupboard when it comes to futures. They have tons of good young players in their system so they can afford to gamble on a plyoff run they don’t necessarily deserve. The Rangers haven’t sucked like the Sens and accumulated a deep quality farm of players to be able to say “let’s go for it again”. If there was EVER a year to just say it’s okay to sell on UFAs and accept our fate, it’s this year. Honestly. If there was ever a year it’s this year.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Never one to stick up for AV and I think ADA should be playing, buuut, we have this every year with some young guy. Clendening and McIlrath were both meant to be great, but haven't cracked the NHL even with AV out of the way. In fact, they're getting much less chance. Even guys like MDZ (at first) and Sauer (imo, unfortunately we never got to see) were rated insanely highly on these boards.
Let's wait and see with De Angelo. He is doing a lot right and a fair amount wrong out there. I like him better than some of the others, but will he be a regular NHL top 4? I hope so, but I'm doubtful.
What has he done wrong? He had a couple bad breakouts in the past 3-4 games. He’s been good defensively and offensively.. not like we’re nashville. The bar ain’t that high

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I’d rather be out. Gods honest truth. The sens got through us, and we were barely a legitimate playoff team to begin with, to get there. The Sens would have gotten smoked by the Preds. And the Sens don’t have a bare cupboard when it comes to futures. They have tons of good young players in their system so they can afford to gamble on a plyoff run they don’t necessarily deserve. The Rangers haven’t sucked like the Sens and accumulated a deep quality farm of players to be able to say “let’s go for it again”. If there was EVER a year to just say it’s okay to sell on UFAs and accept our fate, it’s this year. Honestly. If there was ever a year it’s this year.

For example, if you’re the Avs this year, you don’t necessarily go all in because you realize you just became good after a terrible year but you ride it as far as you can. That’s last year’s Sens. No big deal if you don’t win it all. Every round is a bonus round. You don’t NEED to draft early to ensure your future. The Rangers NEED good 1st rounders and prospects. They are not remotely close to the Colorado/Ottawa scenario.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
So how long until we turtle and lose?

I just hate this team so much I don't even want them to win. Is that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia