GDT: 5/9 11:30 AM - Charlie Jacobs, Cam Neely, Don Sweeney and Jim Montgomery finally answer questions - NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Predictions:

-Monty falls on sword, "I have to be better". Says perhaps the goalie rotation might have been better (but that up 3-1 you obviously can't)
-Monty WILL admit he made some mistakes overthinking lines
-Mention some guys were dinged up, but obviously you can't sit a Bergeron or Krejci in the playoffs
-Mention we all had higher expectations for this team and we're all extremely disappointed
-Mention they'll be significant roster turnover, and they'll look at possible options
-Will say "Florida is showing they're a great team, and we probably took them lightly"
-Mention there needed to be more compete out of our side to match Florida's intensity
-Mention we can't be giving up leads like that in games we should have had
-Sweeney and Neely will back Monty for next year
-Won't commit to any "will you bring X back" today
-Will mention cap challenges
-Will say they've not heard anything yet from Bergeron and Krejci, but they deserve all the time in the world
-Will back their choice to start guys late in the season with some nonsense about being sharp

So basically they won't say anything at all

I'll score my predictions later lol. Be shocked if I don't hit 90%.

Lol so this was my prediction this morning. I've not watched this thing, but I've read all your posts. I'm going to color in red the ones they said from your posts. Did they mention any of the other 6 I put? haha were they really as uselessly predictable as we thought?

Reactions: Gordoff

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I agree with you 100%. If Montgomery didn't have the guts to make the call to sit Bergy then he isn't fit to be in charge of anyone. When you're in charge you HAVE to make tough decisions.

No wonder they all loved playing for Monty, he let them do whatever the f*** they wanted to do. .
Can't we place some of this blame on Patrice too? Or does he get a free pass because he's Saint Patrice.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
To echo people in here it does seem like Charlie cares. Mr Burns however is not that torn up since he still got 4 home playoff gates and made a profit.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't disagree. And Bucyk had a break away against Parent in Game 2 OT in 74 and da Broons were up 2-1 in the last minute of that game. And McNab had a break in against Dryden in OT in Game 7 in 79. Two goals would have been 2 cups. You gotta get the job done. Nearly doesn't mean squat.

Florida forces a lot of turnovers just inside the blue line and they take advantage by crashing the net. But had da Broons played their game, it would have been over in 5 and nearly was. But nearly doesn't mean squat. You have to have the killer instinct and we let them off the hook in Games 5 and 7. Remember the Leaf fans still talk about being up in Game 7 by 4-1 with about half a period to play.

You're kind of making my point here. It was a close series made such by the Bruins brain dead mistakes. Panthers didn't dominant the Bruins. The Bruins didn't play like they have been all year long, and they didn't make roster decisions like they have all year long. It was a massive choke job and it starts with

1. the decisions of who got to play
2. hurt players being too eager to be " warriors " and play thru the pain instead of letting the real strength of the team, its depth, take over
3. the team not taking care of the puck.

And all that and it still took the Panthers until OT of G7 to win the series. Bruins threw this series away after a fantastic season - it's time to make sweeping changes and roll with the new core that's emerged.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Interesting - leaders Pasta and Mac.

Not Brad? Which I'm sorry fans, but totally fine with (Monty doesn't need that). Thank you for 12-years ago. Move on with Bergy and DK.

Keeping:
Bert, JDB, Pasta, Coyle, Zacha, Fred, Lauko
Mac, Lindholm, Carlo
Sway

Estate sale: Marchand, Ullmark, Hall

Build from there

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This all lends credence to this group being soft mentally. Lost three at home. Blew a 3-1 lead. Brain dead decisions from the coach on down.

When the camera panned over to the Bruins bench during the anthem, you could see the pressure and nerves all over their faces. Great players. Great run. But they failed when it mattered the most and I think it's time to move on, focus on who your new core guys are and build in that direction. If Bergeron wants to come back for one more season, he should. But his on-ice minutes and role needs to be lessened - his body can't handle being the #1 guy come playoffs anymore.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Can't we place some of this blame on Patrice too? Or does he get a free pass because he's Saint Patrice.

Absolutely. . Yes, I understand that hockey players want to play & especially during the playoffs. In this case there was no reason for him to come back right then, the Bruins were up 3-1 and everyone had stepped up his game in his absence. If they'd been down 1-3 well fine let him play. It was a rare selfish decision on Bergeron's part.

Most of it is on Monty though- the buck stops with the head coach. The head coach is the one who is supposed to decide who plays where, with whom and for how long. He let Bergeron usurp his authority. Good luck to him getting it back now.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bert -- Zacha -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- XXXX -- XXXX

Marchand -- Bergeron -- XXXX

Frederic -- Nosek -- Hathaway

XXXX -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

XXXXX -- XXXXX

Swayman
Bussi

Out: Coyle, Hall, Grz, Orlov, Clifton, Forbort, Reilly, Ullmark
In: ?

Reactions: bbfan419

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
To echo people in here it does seem like Charlie cares. Mr Burns however is not that torn up since he still got 4 home playoff gates and made a profit.
Oh I think the opposite. I think Jeremy probably fainted when he read in the paper that the Bruins lost game 7 and there would be no more home playoff games this year.

• Haha

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
OUT : coyle, hall, gryz, forbort, clifton, reilly, ullmark orlov, hathaway, nosek krejci ( agree )
IN : Bertuzzi, scheiffele;

marchand bergeron pastrnak
bertuzzi, scheiffele, ?
? zacka lauko
? frederic lysall

McAvoy, zboril
lindholm, carlo
lohreii, ?

swayman,
bussi

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bert -- Zacha -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- XXXX -- XXXX

Marchand -- Bergeron -- XXXX

Frederic -- Nosek -- Hathaway

XXXX -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

XXXXX -- XXXXX

Swayman
Bussi

Out: Coyle, Hall, Grz, Orlov, Clifton, Forbort, Reilly, Ullmark
In: ?
I have NP with moving Bergy down to the third line but not for Pavel Zacha to play top line minutes and honestly I think everyone is available not named Pastrnak/McAvoy

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
Lol so this was my prediction this morning. I've not watched this thing, but I've read all your posts. I'm going to color in red the ones they said from your posts. Did they mention any of the other 6 I put? haha were they really as uselessly predictable as we thought?
Forgot to add that Bergeron and Krejci have all of the time in the world!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
From what I felt from presser Jacobs basically stated Cam and Don safe Monty not so much.

Confirmation bias my friend. You want it to be true, I know, but I'd be surprised if they sack him given he has three more years to go on his deal.
I would be surprised, too. I think Jim Montgomery gets AT LEAST one more shot at the playoffs. Regular season or not, regardless of the players, you don’t win that many games by accident in the NHL without knowing what you’re doing. At least a little bit, anyway.

We all know next season’s team won’t be as talented, but let’s at least see how he adapts before we chase him out of town. It’s only his second full season as an NHL head coach. I’m far more interested in how Cam and Don dig out of the cap/talent hole.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Wow, one mic that works. It's called NESN!
The only working microphone being passed around resembled the B's line juggling in the playoffs and how well they worked in games 5, 6, 7

The individual mics only work during the regular season

..it's called Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad