Post-Game Talk: 49 shots; 2 goals - Jets win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Jets win 2-0

So...yeah. Petan looked good? Scheifele hit 24?

Just a note for visiting Canucks fans: This is the Jets board. Many Jets fans would like to see losses at this stage, as you can probably understand. "Thank you!" type posts, while not technically trolling, likely won't be well received.

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
Its the PRINCIPLE! Sheesh

Right, but using the Leafs analogy that you used - from a management perspective its also principle to ice a competitive hockey team. When you fail to do that for years, I think its natural for fans not to cheer for their team to win just out of 'principle'. The principle should be you want whats best for your team, whether its making the playoffs, or getting a top 3 pick. Fans who are cheering for them to lose still have the best interest of the team at heart, you cant forget that

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Kids Are Alright - Jets win 2-0

Lowry line was dominant

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Truly terrible effort by the Canucks. Go Jets Go. Congrats to Pav for his brilliant shut out. We aren't in 2nd last anymore! :handclap:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Well at least we can beat cellar dwellers holy heck the Canucks are terrible and the future doesn't look good for them apart from a promising goalie

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
If that's what a top-6 Petan looks like, keep him in the top-6.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
There's talk that their goalie coach is playing out the string and leaving the organization after this year. Perhaps He would welcome a change of scenery in Winnipeg?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Need Stuart back in the lineup

Yup, Stuart is a downgrade from Melichori so yeah Stu needs to play!;)

Saw more out of Petan in two games back than I did in Dano in 12 games or in Burmi in 5 seasons for that matter!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Truly terrible effort by the Canucks. Go Jets Go. Congrats to Pav for his brilliant shut out. We aren't in 2nd last anymore! :handclap:

BnuVh1QIAAAffYC.png

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Never mind the fact that some of our team should be in the AHL, but I would imagine we could have dressed the entire Moose team in Jets' uniforms tonight and we still would have beat the Canucks.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Oh my. Vancouver is bad. Good thing they've got a promising prospect pool ... oh, wait.

Whelp, Jets were going to win some games before the end of the season to muck with the tank a bit. This was probably one of the most winnable. On the flipside, incredible comeback by Columbus to win tonight, and Buffalo won. EDM and ARI are tied up at the moment as well.

Loved Petan's game tonight - guy got robbed a couple of times. Nice seeing him with Wheels and Scheif, and nice seeing him hustling like crazy, and quick on the puck.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If that's what a top-6 Petan looks like, keep him in the top-6.

He's a different player now. There's no comparison to the early season.He did have a pretty scary shift late in the 3rd though but a very good game over all

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Petan flashed his talent tonight, felt bad that he had nothing to show from it.

Scheifele was stoned numerous times tonight but was rewarded with an empty net goal. Other than that another real dominant all around game against the Sedins.

Wheeler played well again. I think that line combined for 17 shots on target.:yo:

I liked the play of the Lowry line as well and am happy that Adam was able to bank one.

Trouba and Buff were great again and the rest of the defense played well, granted the Canucks didn't provide much if any challenge.

I just don't know what to say about the Canucks. The Sedins are still good as is Hamous, but man they really don't have much to show otherwise. I don't see them having the young talent to really challenge in the next few years.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
He's a different player now. There's no comparison to the early season.He did have a pretty scary shift late in the 3rd though but a very good game over all

Or he's getting a chance to play? You said the exact same thing with Ehlers when he didn't get top 6 minutes. Then he was given top six minutes without Thorburn and you see the real player. Only thing holding him back from being an amazing player is his size, not his talent.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Markstrom in god mode tonight. Wow.

How did the refs miss the high stick at the end? My god. Guess they just wanted the game to end. :laugh:

Good game by Petan. You could see a few things he did though that is why he was sent down. But AHL time has done him a ton of good. You can see lots of potential there.

Glad Lowry got a goal. Good for Pavelec to get a shutout.

Kossy improving. Postma looking like he belongs in the top 6 and not the press box.

Burmi with a better 2nd and 3rd after a bad first. Dano looked decent to me. Has good stick positioning a lot.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Or he's getting a chance to play? You said the exact same thing with Ehlers when he didn't get top 6 minutes. Then he was given top six minutes without Thorburn and you see the real player. Only thing holding him back from being an amazing player is his size, not his talent.

Yeah that must be it. Playing with Thorburn caused Petan to turn the puck over relentlessly. If you can't see that he is playing quicker, that he is making plays in a more timely manner, that he is not hanging on to the puck quite so long, then you must be blind.

Petan needed to go to the AHL. Never did I ever suggest Ehlers should. You are wrong about that.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Vancouver, scoreless in their last 11 periods. 3 goals total in their last 5 games (5 Loss streak). Apparently the only one who responded to the Sedin blueshakeyface was their goalie Markstrom. I don't envy those fans or their teams immediate future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad