GDT: #49 - Penguins at Devils 7pm - A walk down memory lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when we had the 100 year old version of Igor Larionov? He had 11 points in 47 games that year (which is more than Zubrus is on pace for in 82).

Though I'd swear more than half of those points came in the first month of the season and the rest came through the remainder of the season. He was also a healthy scratch many of times that year,

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Now if only the rest of the roster would follow suit.

yep, agreed. like our entire top 6. but they're not in a position to score any goals. they're shooting themselves in the foot by using their patented method: dicking around in their own end, waiting for letang to walk into the high slot like he got a ****ing e-vite for it 2 weeks ago and rip a shot so hard that, by sheer luck and the grace of god, might go wide and careen out of the zone so you can drag yourself over to the bench for a change.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh crap that was for 2 periods only too! They didn't even add period 3 :help:

Yeah but Fraser isn't really a problem and ya know dat toughness we need.

Add Fraser to a team that already gives up A LOT of shots and look what you have.

We didn't even give up 40+ shots as much when Pete was still here. Guess what? Fraser was NEVER in the lineup when Pete was still here this year.

I remember he was on for many (or so it seemed) in the 43 shots game against vs Boston. Gee there's a ****in surprise.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
So my *****ing is warranted. This guy is TERRIBLE and I maintain that he's worse than Harrold. Beer league garbage.

Go down to Delbarton and get a couple high schoolers that can do a better job. Dowd could probably get us someone better from Manasquan/Point

And Bernier has been one of the best forwards all year long. Zubrus is terrible though. I maintain that contract is more of a drain and plague than Salvador's. Salvador was given money that Lou matched that other teams actually also offered. Zubrus took a $300k a year paycut to avoid free agency, where the best he would have gotten was likely $2.5 million for 2 years. Maybe $3 million at 1 or 2 years.

Thanks for the favor bone dust.

Your three favorite players

Corsi

Frasier -16
Zubrus -12
Harrold -11

Three worst players in less minutes..

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would also LOVE to know what the goalies save percentages are when Fraser's on the ice. It's gotta be something astronomically and unsustainably high. That's why you don't seem to see him on the ice for many goals against, but he's on the ice for tons of shots/scoring chances and times where the team is pinned in.

This player is an abomination to NHL defensemen and I warned right when he was signed to the two way deal that you wouldn't like what you see.

He's just as bad as he was when he last played here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Your three favorite players

Frasier -16
Zubrus -12
Harrold -11

Three worst players in less minutes..

That's at even strength? HAHAHAHA!

I'm not gonna put too much stock into Zubrus tonight (despite the fact that he's terrible). This proves my point that these two defensemen are terrible though. So hopefully people look into that when they wanna act how Fraser and Harrold aren't the drain on this team that I make them out to be.

Having two of them in the lineup is just asking for 40+ shots. Weren't they both in that Boston game too? HAHAHAHA.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Harrold actually wasn't that bad. Somehow he had only 28 Shots Against/60 even strength and Frasier had 54.5

That's how bad Frasier was. His own defensive partner had half the amount of shots allowed.

Also Frasier had 6 Shots For/60. Yes, if he played the entire game the Devils would have 6 shots for and 55 shots against. Disgusting

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Lol I'm not sure why this is the loss that is sending some people into a complete rage. They got destroyed by a much superior team. Schneider was the only reason it went to OT. If they would have played anybody halfway decent on Wednesday, they would have gotten maimed as well. The season has been over for months. These players aren't worth getting bent out of shape over. It's a poorly assembled squad that relies on old farts for any type of offense. I have no issue with losing. It helps things out in the long run. It is what it is. April couldn't get here fast enough.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Harrold actually wasn't that bad. Somehow he had only 28 Shots Against/60 even strength and Frasier had 54.5

That's how bad Frasier was. His own defensive partner had half the amount of shots allowed.

Fraser is an embarrassment to the position.

And some people were actually surprised when others were complaining after we signed him to that ''AHL only'' contract, as if he wouldn't wind up in the NHL sooner or later.

I understand having both of them up with all these injuries, there's no justification for having both in the lineup on the same night though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol I'm not sure why this is the loss that is sending some people into a complete rage. They got destroyed by a much superior team. Schneider was the only reason it went to OT. If they would have played anybody halfway decent on Wednesday, they would have gotten maimed as well. The season has been over for months. These players aren't worth getting bent out of shape over. It's a poorly assembled squad that relies on old farts for any type of offense. I have no issue with losing. It helps things out in the long run. It is what it is. April couldn't get here fast enough.

The most sad thing is that we still have certain deadweight (the long since cremated remains of Zubrus, which is now being confused with kitty litter by cats that need to relieve themselves) signed next season. The Fraser fetish tells me that he's earned himself another contract as well. :laugh:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
yep, agreed. like our entire top 6. but they're not in a position to score any goals. they're shooting themselves in the foot by using their patented method: dicking around in their own end, waiting for letang to walk into the high slot like he got a ****ing e-vite for it 2 weeks ago and rip a shot so hard that, by sheer luck and the grace of god, might go wide and careen out of the zone so you can drag yourself over to the bench for a change.

Exactly right. Our top six is a bunch of slugs who like to ooze around their own zone for their entire shift if possible.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

I'm mad mainly because I feel sorry for Cory. I feel like almost any other team in the league could have secured a win for him with his performance. It's pathetic that our team couldn't. :shakehead

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm mad mainly because I feel sorry for Cory. I feel like almost any other team in the league could have secured a win for him with his performance. It's pathetic that our team couldn't. :shakehead

I feel this is AT LEAST the second time the team has cost him a shutout in the last two years, just because of how pathetic the offense was.

Last year we couldn't score more than one goal on that fat and washed up sack of **** Giguere against Colorado, and we were scored on in the last minute with the goalie pulled.

Then it happened tonight cause we were only up 1-0 with a few minutes left. If we were up 2 or 3 to 0 in these games, it might have taken the other teams out of it. They wouldn't have even been pressing anymore if we had a couple goals.

Havlat also pisses me off. Has the best scoring chance of the night for us, possibly the ONLY legit scoring chance for us and he shoots it high. Doesn't even force the goalie to make a save. Could have been up 2-0 there.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I would also LOVE to know what the goalies save percentages are when Fraser's on the ice. It's gotta be something astronomically and unsustainably high. That's why you don't seem to see him on the ice for many goals against, but he's on the ice for tons of shots/scoring chances and times where the team is pinned in.

This player is an abomination to NHL defensemen and I warned right when he was signed to the two way deal that you wouldn't like what you see.

He's just as bad as he was when he last played here.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1217

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I feel this is AT LEAST the second time the team has cost him a shutout in the last two years, just because of how pathetic the offense was.

Last year we couldn't score more than one goal on that fat and washed up sack of **** Giguere against Colorado, and we were scored on in the last minute with the goalie pulled.

Then it happened tonight cause we were only up 1-0 with a few minutes left. If we were up 2 or 3 to 0 in these games, it might have taken the other teams out of it. They wouldn't have even been pressing anymore if we had a couple goals.

Havlat also pisses me off. Has the best scoring chance of the night for us, possibly the ONLY legit scoring chance for us and he shoots it high. Doesn't even force the goalie to make a save. Could have been up 2-0 there.

Yeah, I'll bet this sad sack team has cost Cory at least two shutouts just because they are so anemic at offense. I agree that if we were up by multiple goals it might have taken the other team out of it, but sadly this team stops pressing once it has that one goal lead and loses any feeble desire it might once have had to enter the opponent's zone. There is no interest in insurance goals as far as this squad is concerned. It's just pathetic to watch. :help:

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Come on, Fraser stinks. He's a blackhole on the ice. Physicality and some fights are nice but get overshadowed when the devils can't get the puck out of their own enD when he's on the ice.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Fraser coming back got me almost as angry as the Clowe signing. There literally could not have been a signing that made less sense. Like I've said before, he has sucked his entire career. Why did anyone think it would be any different after he left to suck on other teams for a while?

I'm in no way blaming the Devils struggles on Fraser. It's not his fault at all. But he's a bad player that had no business being brought back to this team and that is what is incredibly frustrating.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
This game sucked.

Devils sucked.

Oates sucked.

Players(save Cory, Larsson and even Space Treasure) sucked.

The End.

:handclap: We've officially reached the point of despair where this is a true statement. At least Larsson is becoming what we hoped for, Schneider is money, and our real D (read: Not Fraser/Harrold) aren't bad. Can't wait for Severson to return. Oh, and that shiny high draft pick we're heading for. That will be nice.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Lars is playing much better since Pete got canned but Merrill has struggled.

I'm counting on Merrill to play better tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad