GDT: #48 Avalanche @ Sharks, 7PM Pacific, NBCSN, SNE, SNO, SNW, KFOX 98.5

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

The late final goal spoiled the SNOG bids tonight.

snogwin.jpg

First-half SNOG results

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Jan. 14 vs EDM| none | Sharks 2-1 SO
Jan. 16 vs DAL| none | Sharks 4-3 OT
Jan. 18 vs OTT| none | Senators 4-3 SO
Jan. 21 at ARI| Phu | Sharks 3-1
Jan. 24 vs LA| none | Kings 3-2 OT
Jan. 26 vs COL| none | Sharks 6-1

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
1) Phu (3)
T-2) Gerbefied*, Painful Quandary, rangerssharks414 (2)
T-5) bluefunnel, CanadienShark, casubieowner, crzymexicanbeer, DuckEatinShark, Eid Ma Clack Shaw, jakeytown, magic school bus, Ser Jorah Mormont, Sleepy, SwolePatrol, TheJuxtaposer, The Great John Scott, T0uGh C0oki3, Weastern Bias (1)

*aka Joakim Ryan

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
Hertl on radio with Brett, "I feel really good now, you know, I play with Joes..."

Priceless.

All star break: "I go with girlfriend, we go to LA, and see around, then maybe to Grand Canyon..."

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Ward on TV postgame interview:

- [on Thornton and his 1300th point] unbelievable guy, he's got a personality, just loves the game, works hard all the time, practices really hard, hats off to him for what he's done in his career, he can keep playing, he can play for another 500 more
- [on choosing San Jose] they came out strong at the beginning of the year, had a little bit of a dip, and started getting into a groove again, he's gotten to play with guys like Jumbo Joe and Pavs and Patty Marleau, Burnzie and those guys, he knew it was gonna be an unbelievable fit, just come in here, work hard, and do his thing
- [how deep can this team go?] the sky's the limit for them, they know what they're capable of, it's just a matter of going out on executing, they've done pretty good on the road, they just need to take care of their home ice a little bit better, they've been on the right track as of late, hopefully after the break they'll come in hungry and they'll get it done

Hertl on radio postgame interview [oh no!]:

- [on his goal] I was so happy, it was great play from Jumbo to Eddie Eddie just great shot and I just keeping strong around blue line and just keep pushing and good for me
- [doing things off the ice to help his quickness on the ice] I just keeping same old, maybe it's just my head because I feel really good now you know, I play with Joes and we play very good, I think every game we have so many chances and I just keep skating and after every game I just [unintelligible but he's playing his best hockey now since getting 4 goals in a game]
- [on pushing back at players] I don't like you know in front of net if somebody go [?] hits my face, anytime I go right away and try because I don't like it you know I be scare and these guy I just keep pushing back and every other guy every team feel it I'm the guy and I can hit too
- [All-Star break plans?] little bit of relax you know I go with girlfriend to LA, visit and see around, we never been together, maybe we go Grand Canyon too, we enjoy for sure five days and just keep training too because it's after All-Star break it's hard road trip and we need every point

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
happy for demelo but he robbed my snog! :P
DeMelo ruined everyone's SNOG. for the rest of the season. Because no one SNOGed a score that occurs in a reality where Dylan DeMelo has an NHL goal. No alternate reality exists in which DeMelo has a goal. Not even teh reality that's nothing but shrimp.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
DeMelo ruined everyone's SNOG. for the rest of the season. Because no one SNOGed a score that occurs in a reality where Dylan DeMelo has an NHL goal. No alternate reality exists in which DeMelo has a goal. Not even teh reality that's nothing but shrimp.

"Well...here *burp* we are Morty...an alternate universe in which Dylan *burp* DeMelo scores a goal"

"Rick w-we need to leave...R-Rick...this is worse than the universe where everyone gets Cronenberg'd"

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
My wife has spent the last several years dipping her toes into hockey. Loves Pavelski, Burnzie, and Hertl (sharkie most of all...). That said, she has been complete unable to wrap her head around the empty net strategy. I watch every game, and I don't think she has ever seen it work. Needless to say, tonight was incredibly difficult to explain. I just said Patrick Roy is crazy, which didn't totally get through, but I didn't have anything better.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Awesome game with the Sharks, it was a great effort all around. Glad to see Thornton get #1300.

Interesting to see us losing to the teams that are trending down, and beating those that are trending up.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Actually it makes fine sense and Roy is frankly smart to do it. Pulling the goalie changed the complexion of the game entirely at that point, it became a bizarre trackmeet which his team actually is equipped to do well in. But in general, the coach only has so many buttons to press to change his team's fortunes and when you're down 4-0 you need a massive momentum swing to have a chance. So you might as well swing for the fences at that point.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I can't help but think that Hertl's gonna be a monster in the future after watching him over the whole season and especially over the last month. Really dunno how much benefit he gets from playing with Thornton but dude's got legit talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad