GDT: #48 - 01/21/18 | rangers @ kings | 10:30 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Expecting to be beaten down tonight and also expecting a bad week for the Rangers. I'd be amazed if they somehow got 3 points.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
The quotes from our guys in the OP make me sick.

From Hank “there’s no excuse to not go after that win” almost sounds like an echo of the same frustration many posters here have with AV putting plugs on the ice in the final 10 minutes instead of shortening his bench to deploy his actually talented NHL caliber bodies and go after 1 or 2 points.

From McDonagh “we kept trying to do things right but lost to a team that found a way to get a couple more than us”. Have some spine captain. They didn’t “find a way” to just get a couple more than you. They dictated play and had ample opportunities that Hank stopped when he probably shouldn’t have. Game could have been 5-1 Avs. They didn’t “find a way”.

And AV. I thought we did a lot of things well. But give them some credit, you know. It’s not like them beating us was entirely luck. Give them some credit?

I know it’s all just sound bytes and “what do you want them to say?” is the standard answer and they’re just being PC and just giving the same routine answers on autopilot but this team has no pulse, no accountability and no character outside of Hank, who is the only reason we’re 9-6-2 the last two months and not 5-11-3.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone know if Lavar is at the Lakers game today?

Maybe he could stick around and put some quotes into the media about the Rangers coach of the hockey game later at the Staples Center?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

From Hank “there’s no excuse to not go after that win” almost sounds like an echo of the same frustration many posters here have with AV putting plugs on the ice in the final 10 minutes instead of shortening his bench to deploy his actually talented NHL caliber bodies and go after 1 or 2 points.

From McDonagh “we kept trying to do things right but lost to a team that found a way to get a couple more than us”. Have some spine captain. They didn’t “find a way” to just get a couple more than you. They dictated play and had ample opportunities that Hank stopped when he probably shouldn’t have. Game could have been 5-1 Avs. They didn’t “find a way”.

And AV. I thought we did a lot of things well. But give them some credit, you know. It’s not like them beating us was entirely luck. Give them some credit?

I know it’s all just sound bytes and “what do you want them to say?” is the standard answer and they’re just being PC and just giving the same routine answers on autopilot but this team has no pulse, no accountability and no character outside of Hank, who is the only reason we’re 9-6-2 the last two months and not 5-11-3.

Also getting fined/sued sucks.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Props to @Loffen for putting Henrik’s quote first, makes the other ones that much funnier. :laugh:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The day is almost over yet still three hours from experiencing the full spectrum of human emotion.

Reactions: Irishguy42

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
That quote by McDonagh made me roll my eyes. He needs to be better if he's going to be the quiet lead by example type of captain with no fire.

Reactions: Crease

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
What’s the over/under on Staal going back into the lineup and DeAngelo coming out?

Or does AV do the right thing and take Kampfer and fire him into the sun? (Ha who am I kidding, that will never happen)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
it's amazing. I go to bed early, wake up at 3 AM, watch the game and then go to work.

I`ve been doing that for a while so back to early morning games cornflakes with ice cream, hot cup coffee for the breakfast and Rangers hockey, hehe.

Grabs is back our 20 goal scorer, and thanks the hockey gods for EU players on our current roster - Grabs last game he was almost invisible so maybe he should play with Miller & Zucc again even though Vesey had one in the post last game. But I like Vesey more on that 3rd line. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln