GDT: #44 - 01/14/18 | RANGERS @ penguins | 7:30 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
Lets go Penguins!

I'd love to see Henrik further cement his legacy, but his MVP caliber season is hurting this franchise right now, and helping a coach that should have been out the door a long time ago.
So naturally he probably puts on another 40 save gem today.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If this teams winning or losing hinges on Kreids, well then we are one lousy team. Kreids cannot cover open players that were left open by Shatty and many of the forwards suppossedly coming back. Staal had a very crappy game........Does Shatty know how to HIT a player as opposed to going for the puck in open ice? Lousy defensive play on that Islander 2 on 1 goal. OTH, HAYES WAS A BEAST and was by far the best player on the ice, not including studs like Barzal and Bouvoilierre and others wearing an Islander uni that had not won a road game in 7. Nice home showing Rangers. #notveryhapoy
Furthermore, when will this team shoot right away and not dust it off?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You know what Hank was telling his teammates? "Tonight was my off day, and now i have to clean up this mess. If you guys think you're gonna play like this in front of me vs Pittsburgh......you've got another thing coming.

Leetch Fan

Oct 12, 2014
As far as the suggestion someone had in the post game thread that the captain needs to drop his gloves and lead his team, he, while basically getting pawed by Simmons with a gloved fist, ended up concussed. I don't think we want him fighting anyone LOL.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The whole team had an off day including defense last game, but it will be a difficult game for sure Pens team looks hot after new year with 4 wins out of 5 games.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Wouldn't be shocked if they win tonight.

Would surprise me if it made any difference in the long run.

I think "uncomfortable" for Valiquette translates to "pukeworthy" for me.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Here's a gem from Brooksie in today's Post:

They fancy themselves as fast, but they recently have looked like go-carts on the Indy 500 Speedway against legitimate speed teams like the Blackhawks, Devils, Maple Leafs and Red Wings and against quicksilver players such as Barzal.

OUCH!!! That'll leave a mark.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Larry Brooks called out the coaching big time today. Zuuc did some calling out too, of the entire team. Great article in the Post.

Good for Brooksie!!!

Here's a gem from Brooksie in today's Post:

They fancy themselves as fast, but they recently have looked like go-carts on the Indy 500 Speedway against legitimate speed teams like the Blackhawks, Devils, Maple Leafs and Red Wings and against quicksilver players such as Barzal.

OUCH!!! That'll leave a mark.

For when Larry ghosts:

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
"Its a dumb hockey game by us. Dumb. We don't think. We have two guys going to take one."

"Its not what we stand for. It might look like we don't care or we don't give 100 percent, but thats what it looks like when you're dumb."

Yes Zucc. Dumb. That would be your gum chewing egomaniac coach. I really hope this is a low key call out and the players are turning on AV.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Love a good Sunday night matchup. Dog park, gym, grocery, cook for the week, and then a bottle of wine with this gongshow.

Reactions: Ori

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Well, hoping for a win, but if we lose, it better be a loopside loss. Maybe AV gets canned this way.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
And Staal and Holden, on the whole, have been fine. Stinkers here and there, but they've averaged out to be effective at their roles this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad