while i am sad the #hcanes are officially eliminated

i kinda knew they were to start with

they just tried to go full mariners and make me care until the end

never go full mariners

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
So I just watched the highlights (couldn't catch the game). How did Dubnyk actually look? Highlights packages can be a bit one-sided when it comes to goalies, but the 3 he allowed didn't look all that great.

Anyway, home ice advantage is cool :)

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
glad to see the offense waking up. too bad haula didnt score on his breakaway. dubnyk & the D have to be better , 3G on 6 shots hmmmm.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
So I just watched the highlights (couldn't catch the game). How did Dubnyk actually look? Highlights packages can be a bit one-sided when it comes to goalies, but the 3 he allowed didn't look all that great.

He didn't look confident, IMO.

Defense had more holes than Swiss cheese served at the Vatican, so can't put 100% of the blame on DD.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Its funny how the month of March changed the outlook on here. A win and everybody is still complaining. Yeah there were 3 goals on 6 shots but it also finished with only 3 goals on 30 shots. The team looked good especially for playing nearly two periods without Spurgeon.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland

To me Dubnyk looked uninterested and way out of focus in the first period. Soft goals all 3 and no reaction from Dubnyk. He did however improve a lot and looked totally different in the second and third period.

Hopefully this is just a phase that blows over when the playoffs start. It's almost as if Dubnyk's pissed about losing the Vezina race and he occasionally doesn't care enough. Might be that I'm delusional, but that's just my 2 cents.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
He didn't look confident, IMO.

Defense had more holes than Swiss cheese served at the Vatican, so can't put 100% of the blame on DD.

I might only hang 1/3 goals on Dubnyk last night, although I think his confidence took a shot on all three.

The first goal was on Dumba for being way out of position and leaving Stempniak all alone streaking in on the backdoor. A good pass by Skinner (?) and a nice tap-in by Stempniak. I think after that goal you could see Dubnyk just go "here we go again".

The second goal felt like it should have been stopped. I know the announcers tried blaming it on the shot and how fast the puck was rising, but there wasn't really any screen on Dubnyk there and he should have been able to get in front of it. Probably just lost the puck and didn't react quick enough.

The third goal should have been cleared out of the front of the net at least a couple of times by either Parise or Coyle. Ends up on Skinner's stick who finds a hole through the gaggle of players in front of Dubnyk and hits the back of the net.

I'm just glad he collected himself and played fairly well for the latter periods.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I've got a different take. His first period he was a sieve. The rest of the game, he looked a lot better. Actually looked better as the game progressed, with his best coming in the 3rd period.

The goals, along with how terrible the goaltending has been this last month, are on Dubnyk, but it was good to see him seem to find his game again as it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad