GDT: 4/2/18

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
A Martin 2 run HR and a Diaz solo shot makes it 4-2 for the Jays. I think like 90% of their runs this year have come off of home runs. That's sustainable right?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Looks like Upton gave up on that one, thinking it was foul. Before he realized, Encarnacion was headed for third, and it was too late. An inside the park home run.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Paying Ian Desmond 20M this year is a bargain

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
As a Mets fan, the Nationals are infuriating

They don't even give us a chance

last 2 years out of the gate they just dominate and will probably be up by at least 5 after our series next week. Amazing.

Meanwhile there was just a play at the plate in the A's/Rangers game (a catcher getting thrown out on top of it) that to me is one of the clearest plays I've seen under these new shitty rules... plate clearly blocked before the catcher had the ball. Out at home. Lucroy out and doesn't even argue the play. A's content on challenging.

What am I missing?

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
As a Mets fan, the Nationals are infuriating

They don't even give us a chance

last 2 years out of the gate they just dominate and will probably be up by at least 5 after our series next week. Amazing.

Meanwhile there was just a play at the plate in the A's/Rangers game (a catcher getting thrown out on top of it) that to me is one of the clearest plays I've seen under these new ****ty rules... plate clearly blocked before the catcher had the ball. Out at home. Lucroy out and doesn't even argue the play. A's content on challenging.

What am I missing?

Meh, the Nationals are the baseball version of the Caps. Look great in regular season, do nothing in the playoffs. Actually that's not fair to the Caps, who at least win a playoff series here or there. They haven't advanced past the second round in 20 years, but they've won some first round series.

The Nationals have had talent on that team to win the WS two or three times the last 6-7 years and haven't won a single playoff series.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
The Astros may win 110 games.

Heck, they probably would have come close last year had they not spent a month sulking because Luhnow did nothing at the deadline.

It wasn't so much as sulking, they weren't happy nothing was done but they also had injuries piling up and were bored, frankly.

The Angels should make things a little more interesting but barring massive injuries they should cruise again. When Gerritt Cole is your fourth starter, and your fifth starter is the guy who closed out (9 total innings) both the ALCS and the WS, things are good.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Meh, the Nationals are the baseball version of the Caps. Look great in regular season, do nothing in the playoffs. Actually that's not fair to the Caps, who at least win a playoff series here or there. They haven't advanced past the second round in 20 years, but they've won some first round series.

The Nationals have had talent on that team to win the WS two or three times the last 6-7 years and haven't won a single playoff series.

The Rays and Rockies have actually made a WS and the Nats haven't.

THE RAYS AND ROCKIES!

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Hope this game goes 20 innings

Edit: That's a HR for Goldy if not for the humidor.

Edit 2: That's a HR for Pollock if not for the humidor.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not that there was ever much of a question, but it's really looking now like that Angels won the Simmons/Newcomb trade. Newcomb (though still early) is just not panning out as a top-3 starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad