GDT: 4/14/2022 PREDS vs Edmonton --- Bartender, I'll have another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Bed is now fully shat. Gut check time. See what Hynes can pull out of his hat

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Our scoring decided to go back to the Trotz era of assuming 0-3 goals is enough to win, if we miss the playoffs, fire everyone cause we’re gonna also lose Forsy for nothing…

Might be overexaggerating but for gods sake man, we finally got PPG guys, this is a year to make noise when no one expected this from us and now we’re going flaccid.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It has been a long time since I left a game with 10 minutes remaining in the 3rd. That counter has been reset to 0 days.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I don't know what it is. We can beat significantly better teams and shut down very good players, but we face the Oilers and it's like we're that beer league team of 35-year olds going up again a team that's picked up two 19-year old major junior ringers. Losing is going to happen, but to continuously crap the bed against a team that only has two f***ing players is embarrassing. Since 2018 we are 1-6 against them while being outscored 29-14. :shakehead

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, that didn't go as planned.

@Iron Duke you have to remember that they had Mike Smith in net, the goalie who does to us what Pekka Rinne did to the Oilers for...years. I don't know how to find it but I'll bet his record vs Nashville is better than any other team. Even when we score on him it gets waived off, I know he hasn't been in net for all those games, but they have us circled on their calendars after all those losses. They were machine like, they showed no real joy in scoring--it was just win at all costs.

There were a lot of shots that could have gone in if not for MS. Still, could we have shot over the net or shot only to have it bank off their perfectly placed personnel and out of the zone any more times than last night? Could our guys have been any slower reacting to plays? Overall, it was a terrible showing and I felt like my 4 hours devoted to the game was wasted.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Well, that didn't go as planned.

@Iron Duke you have to remember that they had Mike Smith in net, the goalie who does to us what Pekka Rinne did to the Oilers for...years. I don't know how to find it but I'll bet his record vs Nashville is better than any other team. Even when we score on him it gets waived off, I know he hasn't been in net for all those games, but they have us circled on their calendars after all those losses. They were machine like, they showed no real joy in scoring--it was just win at all costs.

There were a lot of shots that could have gone in if not for MS. Still, could we have shot over the net or shot only to have it bank off their perfectly placed personnel and out of the zone any more times than last night? Could our guys have been any slower reacting to plays? Overall, it was a terrible showing and I felt like my 4 hours devoted to the game was wasted.
It looks like Mike Smith has been best at beating the Edmonton Oilers in his career. His winning percentage being .712. (No wonder they keep re-signing him.)

He has a winning percentage over .500 against 9 teams, and the Preds are indeed one of those. (.556)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It looks like Mike Smith has been best at beating the Edmonton Oilers in his career. His winning percentage being .712. (No wonder they keep re-signing him.)

He has a winning percentage over .500 against 9 teams, and the Preds are indeed one of those. (.556)
Good enough reason as any. Was one of the reasons I wanted to sign Marleau back in the day. He'd always score on us! (Or it seemed that way)

It seems like more. To be fair, I don't remember him til the Phoenix series, whenever that was (2010?) because he just shut us down except for one game. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Kat Predator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad