GDT: 4/11/13 - Blues @ Wild - 7:00 PM CST - FSN, FS-WI

OpRedDawn*

Certainly doesn't help that all of the information we're fed about the team is completely sugar coated, homer talk.

And, the commercials during the game reinforce how amazing we are, and how good our pp is.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Certainly doesn't help that all of the information we're fed about the team is completely sugar coated, homer talk.

And, the commercials during the game reinforce how amazing we are, and how good our pp is.
Ummm, if you ran the team would you say "run commercials that exemplify the placid nature of our PP and make sure you hi lite that we have been shut out 3 of the past 4 games"?

Is that what you would do if you could run the Wild? Really?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm not positive by any stretch, but i'm optimistic and i wouldn't say that was a good game...a good first half of the game I thought when StL was still attempting to play. Once they locked it down no dice. That's when a Gaborik (or Zucker) type player comes in handy.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
166356681_slide.jpg

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

I get the need to stay positive, but Yeo still needs to react because we need to start scoring again.

In one of Russo's articles earlier today, Parise was saying that they can't think about the playoffs yet but have to focus on the games at hand. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I can't help but wonder if some of our players are feeling a little nervous about the playoffs already and thinking about them too much. After all, not all of them have experience from the Stanley Cup final series or extensive experience from tough international hockey games (World Cup final, Olympic final, etc.) I don't know how you're supposed to make the guys forget about the damn playoffs for a while, but you'd think having to play for their lives (which is what it's practically going to be from now on) would help with that.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2013-articles/april/wild-vs-st-louie.html

The last few Wild games sort of remind me of the Dirty Harry movies; where the Wild are all the other cops without Detective Callahan and the team is missing its other big gun (i.e. a dangerous 2nd line). So instead we're running all over the place with our little .38 specials shooting from time to time but not doing any sort of damage or really threatening anyone. I thought Jonas Brodin looked terrific in Suter's absence, and I felt he really tried to step up his play. I can't really fault the effort but its just not getting the job done either. I have a full game recap plus a Houston Aeros update as well as reports on Tyler Graovac and Matt Dumba. Enjoy!

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Just an odd press conference from Mike Yeo tonight. Defiant, almost cocky, in defense of his team. Hinted changes are coming to fwd lines.
http://twitter.com/1DanMyers/status/322557089060892672
And simply counting on Matt Cullen to return is not going to cut it. I saw him outside the locker room today and he's still in rough shape.
http://twitter.com/1DanMyers/status/322557468083376128
Blaming the Wild's D-core isn't fair either. Far from perfect, but team has allowed 3 goals in 3 games. Record in that span? 1-2-0.
http://twitter.com/1DanMyers/status/322557713823444992
One reporter's idea for Saturday, should Cullen still be out: 11-9-63, 16-64-29, 17-21-10, 27-28-22. This team needs Zucker, badly.
http://twitter.com/1DanMyers/status/322558052798717952

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'd like a coach somewhere between Yeo and Torts. A coach that can be critical of his team and not sugar coat it over and over. That press conference was a joke. "nothing was wrong, we lost to a good team." Ya buddy...a team you very well could be playing against in the playoffs. Figure it out.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
If they don't do something fast about this team I'm not going to be watching. I'll just check the score with my phone after games.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'd like a coach somewhere between Yeo and Torts. A coach that can be critical of his team and not sugar coat it over and over. That press conference was a joke. "nothing was wrong, we lost to a good team." Ya buddy...a team you very well could be playing against in the playoffs. Figure it out.

that's why playoffs are series, man.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
The door is closing but it's not closed yet.

The players just need a fire lit up under them and you could get streaky once again. We tend to have the same problem with our coach in the sense that he's completely useless when it comes to trying to inspire the team. Doesn't yell, doesn't shout or anything. He just sits there, chews his gum and changes up lines from time to time.

I'm excited to see another NW team in the playoffs finally so I hope to see you all there!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad