GDT: 4/11/13 - Blues @ Wild - 7:00 PM CST - FSN, FS-WI

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
that's why playoffs are series, man.

I agree and I'm just really upset right now. Namely because I hate the excuses. The players are critical of the play and make it known. Yeo is like a parent that demands a participation ribbon for all the kids. Show some damn compassion. You just lost your Norris candidate (and probably front runner to be honest) to an unknown injury with a critical game coming up on Saturday you need to win. Rupp goes to get stitches. Clutterbuck got roughed up badly. Bouchard got nailed with a puck. Parise got slashed in the thigh. Backstrom was tripped up unsuspectedly. BE PISSED OFF ABOUT IT

And as someone else said. Clutterbuck goes down by Elliott surrounded by the Blues players and gets hit by one of their sticks in the legs. The rest of our team was by the bench changing lines. I'm not a big supporter of CC, but that was a low blow move IMO by his linemates. To be honest, Heatley would have been right there by him.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Like Russo said, we are on the playoff bubble now. That is amazing given where we were two weeks ago.

Also, Yeo should have tweaked that first line at the start of the 3rd. This is where I question his coaching. He might come up with an amazing game plan but when a coach earns the paycheck is when he/she is coaching DURING the game and making the necessary adjustments. I honestly don't think Yeo knows how to do that... at all.

Wizeman*

The door is closing but it's not closed yet.

The players just need a fire lit up under them and you could get streaky once again. We tend to have the same problem with our coach in the sense that he's completely useless when it comes to trying to inspire the team. Doesn't yell, doesn't shout or anything. He just sits there, chews his gum and changes up lines from time to time.

I'm excited to see another NW team in the playoffs finally so I hope to see you all there!

I think the wild will make the playoffs.

OpRedDawn*

Ummm, if you ran the team would you say "run commercials that exemplify the placid nature of our PP and make sure you hi lite that we have been shut out 3 of the past 4 games"?

Is that what you would do if you could run the Wild? Really?

nice strawman

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Like Russo said, we are on the playoff bubble now. That is amazing given where we were two weeks ago.

Also, Yeo should have tweaked that first line at the start of the 3rd. This is where I question his coaching. He might come up with an amazing game plan but when a coach earns the paycheck is when he/she is coaching DURING the game and making the necessary adjustments. I honestly don't think Yeo knows how to do that... at all.

I agree with you 100% dude. I get annoyed that the lines are very rarely ever tweaked when things aren't working. Sometimes you need to move the pieces of the puzzle to ignite something, or to just find chemistry. That is how Zucker-Cullen-Seto found one another earlier in Feb. Before that everyone was calling for both Seto and Cullen to be traded.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I don't know why, but this team gets snake bitten every time they change up the lines or lose a player. No other team has this problem. It's like everybody gives up when something changes, and chemistry seems to take forever to create on this team. Longer than other teams. Yeo/System maybe?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I don't know why, but this team gets snake bitten every time they change up the lines or lose a player. No other team has this problem. It's like everybody gives up when something changes, and chemistry seems to take forever to create on this team. Longer than other teams. Yeo/System maybe?

Well last year it was Koivu and Bouchard who were huge pieces to the team doing anything relavent. To be honest it would be just like us losing Suter and Parise at about the same time *knock on wood*. And some teams falter. Chicago last year probably lost their playoff series after Hossa went down. The issue with this team right now is that we are too young. So many of these players are kids. I mean our #2 Dman is 19 years old!!

Which speaking of which, I honestly have debated if that is the reason Gilbert has played so crappy. What are the stats before and after Bacon was called up?

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Clearly weren't at a few games at the start of the season I take it :biglaugh:

I've been to 11.

4 in January, 1 in February, 5 in March, and this one tonight. Last game is Edmonton.

Dallas (weirdest atmosphere), Predators (loss), Bluejackets (win), Chicago (win), Flames (win), Canucks, (win), Ducks (above), Avs (win), Sharks (win), Kings (win), and then this one tonight.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I've been to 11.

4 in January, 1 in February, 5 in March, and this one tonight. Last game is Edmonton.

Dallas (weirdest atmosphere), Predators (loss), Bluejackets (win), Chicago (win), Flames (win), Canucks, (win), Ducks (above), Avs (win), Sharks (win), Kings (win), and then this one tonight.

Last Chicago one was bad because there were more Chitown fans than Wild fans. By far the worst was when they got trounced by Vancouver.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Last Chicago one was bad because there were more Chitown fans than Wild fans. By far the worst was when they got trounced by Vancouver.

I gave up my tickets to that other Blues thrashing, or I'd have been at that too.

Yeah, I had tons of friends up here from Chicago working, and it seems most of their companies threw them tickets, which was unfortunate, and losing to Vancouver would be horrible. Watching on TV was bad enough.

Anaheim with the Perry hit like I say was the worst (for me), I've never been that angry walking out of an event in some time.

Tonight was just garbage and of course it was the game where my friends that are the best hockey minds out of all of them flew in for.

Just flat as hell. We were in Tom Reid's before, and one basically predicted a 1-0 loss, with the Blues being boring as hell and he was pretty much spot on with that.

Losing Suter clearly killed most of it. I don't know what it was like for those watching on TV, but after he was out, and I think Rupp also took a knock, they just had no real chance of putting much together.

It was that early onset of Minnesota sports pessimism where we are all sitting there thinking that this was the tipping point of our team going down in flames and not making the playoffs.

It's still fresh. Tomorrow with more Suter news (tried to read some, but I'm bloody tired) and see what they can do against Columbus to try to stay pushing until the end.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
A thought just occurred to me.

If we make it into the playoffs as the 8th seed and we play Chicago, we might as well consider the whole series as away games.

:facepalm:

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
At this point, Yeo may as well tell us he needs to look at the game tape before he comments.

I don't think he's going into the locker room telling the guys the same thing he's telling us. But if he's just going to talk about participation medals to us dumb fans because the Wild played a good team, you may as well go Todd Richards and just act clueless. It's less insulting.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if suter's out & this teams not scoring , stick a fork in us we're done. yeo or the captain just cant seem to rally the troops when the chips are down. i cant see how IF we make the playoffs we can upset the hawks, ducks, kings, or blues. what do i know maybe the boys are savin it up for a playoff run!

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I believe we are not as good as our past winning streak but we are not as bad as we appear to be right now. We are somewhere in the middle.

I will be very happy just making the playoffs this season. We haven't been there for years. Making the playoffs is a huge accomplishment. Problem is, we are making this goal way too hard at the moment!

Tonight, I am cheering against teams that can threaten our playoff hopes and then we take care of business tomorrow night, we will be in good shape as far as playoffs are concerned.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
We're 0-2-1 against St Louis this year. Series isn't looking so good.

You can't yell skill and talent into players. Wild just don't have enough of it.

season series isnt the same dynamic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad