Post-Game Talk: 4-0 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
How about Buffalo departs from Pegula?
It's definitely not doing them any favors, but that team has enough talent to make the playoffs. They just need quality vets like Detroit brought in to help their young guys along. They beat LA 7-0 the other night. They just aren't consistent. They also need more grit.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
What an amazing ending with Greenway taunting Lombo foor getting PP minutes, and then he scores... could not write that up any better.

Hats off to Stolarz and this ridiculously tenacious team. And the real Lundell is finally standing up
And then Girgensons pushes Lomby at the faceoff but they only throw out Lomby for chirping. And I heard what sounds like Buffalo players (maybe Greenway) say, “we’ll see you in a week” as he skates off. Lol

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Cats have a +43 difference in goals scored/against which is the best in the East and only behind Vancouver (+61)
Which is crazy cause like up to late december most of our games were won by one goal usually.

Also Dallas is lookin crazy good this year again

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I gotta concede, I wasn't too big on the Stolarz signing when it happened. Figured he would be a serviceable backup that would likely cost the team a few games throughout the season.

I'm glad I was so dead wrong. He's been stellar all season but last night he stole the game for the team. Guys looked tired during long portions of the 2nd period but Stolarz stood tall. Remember, this is basically a two goal game before the last couple minutes. Re-watching the highlights this morning and it's basically the Tony Stolarz show.

You have to start to wonder if Knight may become available if Zito thinks Stolarz can become a 1b going forward?

Screenshot_20240216_131704_Samsung Internet.jpg

Stolarz has never played more than 28 games but has a winning record in each of his seasons. Could shave $2 mil or more if he comes in around $2.5 mil while Knight is shipped off for a #4 RD (Mikkola type) if one of Montour/Ekblad isn't back?

Something to keep an eye on at deadline or in July.

Reactions: Ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't think so. Zito can pick some random .900 save% tendy from the FA and elevate his stats to .915 considering how well this team defends. Knight is the future imo.

Knight is gonna need to play at least 35 NHL games next year then IMO as Bob gets older and needing to rest him for playoffs.

I don't want to let Knights potential go either but ya never know, Zito is one bold mofo in trades and cap space will be at premium this July.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Knight needs to improve his .897 save percentage at the AHL level before he can be talked about as "The Future".

Excited to see Guzda get back in action tbh.

Reactions: MaWa

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I don't think so. Zito can pick some random .900 save% tendy from the FA and elevate his stats to .915 considering how well this team defends. Knight is the future imo.

Stolarz was a very good backup goalie before joining us and Lyon is having an even better year in Detroit. Was decent in his last year in the AHL before we got him.

These guys already had it in them imo (Lyon didn't exactly play behind the best defense last regular season) but Zito deserves credit for seeing that.

I agree though, Way too early to give up on Knight. Most goalies don't even play any NHL games at his current age, yet he was a solid backup as a 20 year old.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think people expecting anything out of Spencer Knight at this point are going to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad