Raleigh, NC
71214823-594x356.jpg

Mike want return a Caroline.

I went f***ing berserk when they didn't resign him

Reactions: Unsustainable

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm not so sure this is a refresh of the old 3rd....

Canes3rd.PNG

First of all, definitely looks to be red piping around the shoulders. Secondly, I don't recognize that logo on the top left and right images (its the same logo, just rotated, per the video). It does look like the secondary logo is back, but perhaps as a logo on the shoulder?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm not so sure this is a refresh of the old 3rd....

Canes3rd.PNG

First of all, definitely looks to be red piping around the shoulders. Secondly, I don't recognize that logo on the top left and right images (its the same logo, just rotated, per the video). It does look like the secondary logo is back, but perhaps as a logo on the shoulder?

I’m 99% sure the logo on the top left is just the regular Hurricanes logo.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
You may be right on a new shoulder logo. The top left one looked like the space between the top of the flag and the stick, but when you look at the rotated top right photo the additional, the extra white line doesn't match. It could just be the same flag with updated outlines though.

I’m 99% sure the logo on the top left is just the regular Hurricanes logo.

About that logo, it 100% is the same logo on the top left and top right. The video moves from the top left, rotates the screen, to show the top right. The additional silver/grey that is exposed in the top right (the part that angles straight up) leads me to believe it isn't a logo we've yet seen. I don't recognize that to be any shape we're used to associated with the team.

What’s that CH logo someone made where it’s like the logo, but a C with the H in the middle?
I don't think that's a CH. Looking closer, that H appears to be connected, leaving me to believe it might be a NC turned upside down.

My best guesses so far from the video

Top Left / Top Right : New Logo yet to be announced. Contours don't align with anything we've seen before, at least not that I'm aware of.
Top Center / Bottom Center : Red piping around the shoulders. Black collar with red trim. Inside of collar is a sublimated grey flag pattern, reminiscent of old 3rds.
Left Middle : White numbers outlined in Red, using current font.
Middle Center / Middle Right : Shoulder patches, maybe? Flag on one side, some stylized NC logo on the the other? Given the N and C are combined, it leads me to believe this is not a nameplate. Also, comparing the red stitchings here to the ones on the Top Left & Top Right, this appears to be a significantly smaller logo, leading me to believe its for the shoulder.
Bottom Left : This one is tough. Looks like it could possibly be a grey flag logo, but also could be the nameplate font. Given the size of the stitch marks, it looks to be small.
Bottom Right : Some form of red striping on the arms.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Oh those sneaky sonsabitches

FB_IMG_1528910932650.jpg

Its a photoshop. The Top Right image is just the Top Left with the 'revealed' areas mirrored on what's already shown....

Edit #1: So taking this info... The Top right lines up perfectly with where the top of the flag meets the stick on the alternate logo. Ignore everything I said earlier about this being something new, looks like the chest logo is the flag on stick again, just with some new aesthetics, like the red pipe, new numbers, and maybe a NC logo. (maybe NC on one side, SC on the other?)

Edit #2: Except the old alternate logo didn't have the flag outlined in black.

carolina-hurricanes-eric-staal.jpg

So if this is that same logo, they've touched it up a bit. Very well could have just replaced the red outline with a black one which would see a bit... odd... but whatever.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad