GDT: #38 ⋅ ANA vs WPG ⋅ 7 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Sell at the deadline, draft high again. Maybe add a forward in the offseason. Hope you end up with the right guy

I don’t think there’s some grand plan to get better quickly

Yeah, but you mentioned a guy like DeBrincat (though we don’t know how deep negotiations went). Does he make a play for someone like Necas if Carolina can’t make a feasible offer on an extension?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, but you mentioned a guy like DeBrincat (though we don’t know how deep negotiations went). Does he make a play for someone like Necas if Carolina can’t make a feasible offer on an extension?
Just hope things go south in Ottawa, and grab Brady

Reactions: Kalv

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
is it just me or did we have guys randomly falling all game? It seems like it’s been happening a lot lately where guys are losing their edges. Time for a new skate sharpener or something

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Ugh, we still have more than half the season to go. Given how many injuries there have been, safe to say that even when all the forwards get back they probably won't even build up decent chemistry until the final 20 games.

Steppin Razor

Nov 11, 2013
Time to head over to the Dostal "no name" thread for some light late night reading to cheer myself up

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Sell at the deadline, draft high again. Maybe add a forward in the offseason. Hope you end up with the right guy

I don’t think there’s some grand plan to get better quickly

This is really the only path. Unless the Ducks massively overpay, the players they need in a trade just currently aren't there. You mentioned Debrincat previously as an example and he is exactly the type of player and the type of opportunity the Ducks need to be aggressive on going forward. Buchnevich a few years ago is another example.

The main solution is player development. If McTavish, Terry, Carlsson, and Zegras stay healthy and play like top 6 player consistently, the team will be able to compete. The Ducks just need to jump at the next goal scoring winger that fits in the age timeline.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This is really the only path. Unless the Ducks massively overpay, the players they need in a trade just currently aren't there. You mentioned Debrincat previously as an example and he is exactly the type of player and the type of opportunity the Ducks need to be aggressive on going forward. Buchnevich a few years ago is another example.

The main solution is player development. If McTavish, Terry, Carlsson, and Zegras stay healthy and play like top 6 player consistently, the team will be able to compete. The Ducks just need to jump at the next goal scoring winger that fits in the age timeline.

We're waiting for our youths to mature at forward, defense, and netminder. Only time can help. Until our youths show they can be consistently good, there really isn't a point to sign a top-end FA. We';re just looking for vet plugs to help be a bridge until the youths mature and be consistent.

Reactions: Deuce22

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
We're waiting for our youths to mature at forward, defense, and netminder. Only time can help. Until our youths show they can be consistently good, there really isn't a point to sign a top-end FA. We';re just looking for vet plugs to help be a bridge until the youths mature and be consistent.

I agree completely with waiting for the young players to mature and show their worth. But I disagree about no point for a top-end forward.

If the Ducks were to trade and sign for a player like Necas for example. That would help the team now and in the future. The Ducks already have the plugs in Killorn, Strome, and a lesser extent Vatrano. They don't need more plugs; they need a goal scorer because it's not coming from the prospects.

I'm not advocating for the Ducks to make that trade now, but to simply be aggressive when the opportunity inevitably presents itself over the next two years in PV's playoff timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille