GDT: #38 ⋅ ANA vs WPG ⋅ 7 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
yup, that's all they do. but there's no one good enough in front of the net to chip in any kind of rebound. seriously need to fire the pp coach
I really dont no why you have Zegras at the point in a 6 on 4... hes much more dangerous on side boards/goal line or even the bumper position.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
These games follow the same script night after night. It’s gonna be fascinating to see how Pat works this

Reactions: snowave

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
I really dont no why you have Zegras at the point in a 6 on 4... hes much more dangerous on side boards/goal line or even the bumper position.
Also i don't know what is going on with him but he sure seems to f*** up a lot when the game is on the line.

He played a great game tonight and then in the last 3 minutes he starts constantly fumbling the puck and rushing his decisions

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i have to assume Silf is only out there because of injuries...right?
I think hes been kinda on the 2nd unit all year(granted weve had injuries all year)... my main issue is sitting a guy like mintyukov.... who can be used in a variety of ways on the powerplay... like ive said before bring him in as the old scott neidermyer rover player.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Just the mood I've been in lately, but these guys don't deserve compliments on great shifts if they don't complete chances. If this were maybe 2-3 games in a row, it'd be fine, chalk it up to bad luck and say "we'll get em next time". But f*** me, this is has been going on for 20 games now and is simply not acceptable.

Looking forward to being disappointed again next game.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Sell at the deadline, draft high again. Maybe add a forward in the offseason. Hope you end up with the right guy

I don’t think there’s some grand plan to get better quickly
sell at the deadline for middling returns. overpay some FA forward with "winning pedigree" ignore any potential impact forwards, then go into next season with the same group minus some vets and role into next season being offensively inept as we are now.

• Haha
Reactions: snowave

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Effort is not a problem. These guys care and are working their asses off. The roster isn’t good enough and next year could be tough sledding too

sell at the deadline for middling returns. overpay some FA forward with "winning pedigree" ignore any potential impact forwards, then go into next season with the same group minus some vets and role into next season being offensively inept as we are now.
That’s the bearish outlook on it

The bull outlook is they’re taking their lumps now and we roll into next year with 3 top 6 centers and a defense with several young impact players

I think we’ll miss the playoffs next year but we won’t be bottom 10

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sell at the deadline, draft high again. Maybe add a forward in the offseason. Hope you end up with the right guy

I don’t think there’s some grand plan to get better quickly
Ya hope for Celebrini or a high end forward at the draft.... and then try to upgrade silf or/and henrique via free agency.

Im not sure celebrini will be ready next year tho, so wed prob have 1 more year of "development"

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I think they actually played about as well as you could hope tonight. I wasn’t really joking when I said we were playing two 3rd lines and 2 4th lines. The team simply isn't competitive missing 2 top line and a 2nd line player.

They outplayed a pretty damn good team tonight, and Mac/Z/Drysdale were all great. But man do we ever just need goal scorers, we really lack someone that can score goals from nothing. Mac and Vatrano are the only guys that can consistently put the puck in the net and 2 out of 18 skaters is just brutal.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I think hes been kinda on the 2nd unit all year(granted weve had injuries all year)... my main issue is sitting a guy like mintyukov.... who can be used in a variety of ways on the powerplay... like ive said before bring him in as the old scott neidermyer rover player.
Using guys like Silf, Carrick, and Jones on the PP are just wasted minutes. They aren’t skilled scorers and are taking away time fro guys who could be.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
Effort is not a problem. These guys care and are working their asses off. The roster isn’t good enough and next year could be tough sledding too

That’s the bearish outlook on it

The bull outlook is they’re taking their lumps now and we roll into next year with 3 top 6 centers and a defense with several young impact players
Tonights game really highlighted this. We played pretty darn well compared to recent weeks and the guys were energized and working hard.

We just didn't have enough talent.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Using guys like Silf, Carrick, and Jones on the PP are just wasted minutes. They aren’t skilled scorers and are taking away time fro guys who could be.
I think the idea is that they can score trash goals... which is fine for guys like jones/carrick.... but silf aint going to score any goals

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The ducks could have really used DeBrincat this offseason and instead they ended up with Killorn

I know, I know he wanted to go to Detroit blah blah blah

Just saying
Ya theres been a few players weve missed out on that coulda really helped.... hopefully next offseason were more willing to pull the trigger on something like that if it becomes available.

Also ds.wouldnt mind if we drafted forwards with high ceilings, rather than low floors in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad