GDT: #36 | Islanders @ Devils | 7:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We're going to get curb stomed by the Bruins on Thursday. That game will not be pretty.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah, they were starting to slip around that time for sure, but I didn't sweat the Ottawa loss all that much because I felt that Ottawa had at least played a pretty solid road game. They were good that afternoon and the Devils paid for it. But the Devils have managed to do nothing but lose to utter garbage since then. The back to back losses to the Jets are where my line is drawn. That's when I felt they officially stunk. I could not believe that they managed to blow 4 points to a Jets team that barely showed up to play. I'm still beside myself over those losses.

They beat the Caps on the road after that Ottawa game too. Then they got pounded in that second road game on Saturday but like you said it didn't really start going south till the twin losses to Winnipeg, then the one against Buffalo. That started their habit of dropping points to bad teams.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
does anyone not think a tie break would factor in? the devils have 2 less wins than the rangers (also they have a game in hand) and islanders. and with how all these teams equal in suckiness i can see that happening.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
They beat the Caps on the road after that Ottawa game too. Then they got pounded in that second road game on Saturday but like you said it didn't really start going south till the twin losses to Winnipeg, then the one against Buffalo. That started their habit of dropping points to bad teams.

They were losers of 4 out of 6 coming into the Jets games. No big deal considering that they had one 8 of the first 12 or 13. But they were definitely starting to bleed at that point and the home and home was a good opportunity to get things back in order. It's not so much that they even lost, but my God, Winnipeg was absolutely brutal in those games and they still won easily. It was disgusting.

Whatever the case, this team has essentially bled out imho. The damage has been done for a while now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And he was playing 25 hard minutes a game in multiple roles. In all seriousness, Kovalchuk deserves Hart Trophy consideration when you examine his teammates.

Jim is laughing at you!:sarcasm: in all seriousness he hasn't played enough games.

Remember that first Washington game though guys. We had a bunch of PP's in the 3rd including a full 5 on 3 where we couldn't score. Then Loki scored his first goal as a Devil on a Larsson rebound, and we were granted another 5 on 3 which we captalized on. That was an UGLY win too. Look at the last Isles game. That seemed to be the turning point though that stupid home and home loss to the Jets sucked too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
does anyone not think a tie break would factor in? the devils have 2 less wins than the rangers (also they have a game in hand) and islanders. and with how all these teams equal in suckiness i can see that happening.

It is possible, which is why the Rags games are going to be so important. I doubt it though, I don't think a tie will happen. I also still expect the Leafs to come back down a bit and fight it out in the mediocre train.

Boston has not been winning lately either so who knows Thursday, but we are good at helping teams find new life lately. Call me blind I still have faith. I still see plenty of talent on this team that is capable of much more then what we have seen lately. You see flaws, I see potential.

I still think we get in, but it will be in great thanks to how bad the east is. Time is running out though to get back on track to turn this season into a success. Just don't buy this sell mentality some of you have at all, feel bad to because I don't understand how one can get THIS down on their team even when things are bad. If you can become THAT negative, what is the point in even watching anymore? Just isn't fun anymore at that point. Like battered housewife syndrome around here now.

We do need to trade one of these D-men. Get rid of the dead weight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sorry Eddy I dig your positivity a lot, but it's been 6 or 7 weeks now that this team has been playing pretty bad. They CAN turn it on, but will they?

As much as I'm slagging Lou it's not his fault that Clarkson and Poni have been no shows. I don't think I want Poni back next year, but we'll see how the last 12 games go before I pass judgement. I don't want Clarkson back for over $4 million, and even that is being generous.

Zubes, and Patty I want back. I wouldn't mind Zid, but GTFO Volch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It really isn't fun to watch the team when they're losing at this frequency, and against who they're losing to. Four regulation wins in twenty-one games, against mostly crap teams. That's MacLean-level bad, the only difference is they've gotten more OT points. Even those games feel like 'regular' losses most of the time - specifically the Florida trip this weekend.

That doesn't mean I'm going to quit watching them while they still have a theoretical chance to make the playoffs. If nothing else, there isn't much time left anyway if it doesn't turn around.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
It is possible, which is why the Rags games are going to be so important. I doubt it though, I don't think a tie will happen. I also still expect the Leafs to come back down a bit and fight it out in the mediocre train.

Boston has not been winning lately either so who knows Thursday, but we are good at helping teams find new life lately. Call me blind I still have faith. I still see plenty of talent on this team that is capable of much more then what we have seen lately. You see flaws, I see potential.

I still think we get in, but it will be in great thanks to how bad the east is. Time is running out though to get back on track to turn this season into a success. Just don't buy this sell mentality some of you have at all, feel bad to because I don't understand how one can get THIS down on their team even when things are bad. If you can become THAT negative, what is the point in even watching anymore? Just isn't fun anymore at that point. Like battered housewife syndrome around here now.

We do need to trade one of these D-men. Get rid of the dead weight.

I think the feeling down has a lot to do with how far the fall has been. 2 wins from the Cup to where they stand now is a bitter pill to swallow no matter how you choose to look at it. It's especially difficult because I think it's fair to say that this team should be playing a more sound game, regardless of the results. They can be better but they really appear to be a team that lost its way. It wasn't so long ago that this happened as well. You're talking 2 out of the last 3 seasons now where they've gone off the rails. 4 regulation wins in 21 games? That is ****ing so bad. Perhaps had they not started off so hot it wouldn't feel as bad. As it stands now, it feels like they literally pissed this season away. And for who? Teams like the Jets, Lightning, Panthers, Hurricanes? It's just blows to see how this all unfolded.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the feeling down has a lot to do with how far the fall has been. 2 wins from the Cup to where they stand now is a bitter pill to swallow no matter how you choose to look at it. It's especially difficult because I think it's fair to say that this team should be playing a more sound game, regardless of the results. They can be better but they really appear to be a team that lost its way. It wasn't so long ago that this happened as well. You're talking 2 out of the last 3 seasons now where they've gone off the rails. 4 regulation wins in 21 games? That is ****ing so bad. Perhaps had they not started off so hot it wouldn't feel as bad. As it stands now, it feels like they literally pissed this season away. And for who? Teams like the Jets, Lightning, Panthers, Hurricanes? It's just blows to see how this all unfolded.

I do agree with this. They do look lost, and if they don't make it or get smoked in the first round I will feel like they pissed this short season away for what seems like no real reason. Two years ago you could point out a reason. Johnny and captain cranky pants. I still think this group can surprise us, and maybe I personally just rather save my anger for when the season is actually over. Offseason seems like a better vent time.

The stuff that really annoys me is the sentiment of this "see I told you they would be bad" that creeps up, don't like that. Also the two or three that said trade Elias really got under my skin. Feel like we are better then that as fans and a board even if the team keeps stinking up the joint.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Patty wants a trade then do right by him and give it to him. I don't think he does though.

However after reading Walsh's comments about Sykie and the Devils not re signing him as well as other such crap he's said, I'm afraid of him swaying Patty. That guy is just a real tool.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I do agree with this. They do look lost, and if they don't make it or get smoked in the first round I will feel like they pissed this short season away for what seems like no real reason. Two years ago you could point out a reason. Johnny and captain cranky pants. I still think this group can surprise us, and maybe I personally just rather save my anger for when the season is actually over. Offseason seems like a better vent time.

The stuff that really annoys me is the sentiment of this "see I told you they would be bad" that creeps up, don't like that. Also the two or three that said trade Elias really got under my skin. Feel like we are better then that as fans and a board even if the team keeps stinking up the joint.

I don't think anyone seriously wants Elias traded (at least I hope not), but he's basically the man when it comes to our forwards and if he can't get this team back on track, who can?

Anyone genuinely happy about being right about where this team stands right now can go scratch as far as I'm concerned. I was worried and pissed off with how this team was playing several weeks ago because I was noticing a lot of not so good things and didn't like the direction they were going in. Other people's opinions were different and that's cool, but I would easily rather be posting here with egg all over my face right now and be blatantly off with my predictions. Hopefully they still have enough left here to prove all the doubters (myself included) wrong. I'll gladly sign up for that but time is running short.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sorry Eddy I dig your positivity a lot, but it's been 6 or 7 weeks now that this team has been playing pretty bad. They CAN turn it on, but will they?

As much as I'm slagging Lou it's not his fault that Clarkson and Poni have been no shows. I don't think I want Poni back next year, but we'll see how the last 12 games go before I pass judgement. I don't want Clarkson back for over $4 million, and even that is being generous.

Zubes, and Patty I want back. I wouldn't mind Zid, but GTFO Volch.

Both to you and Nona, ya I'll be honest I am worried to because time is short as you say and even if I think they can turn it around and turn the corner they still haven't and now the season is almost over. I thought we would of turned the damn corner by now, thought we did when Marty came back but those two loses in Florida were so disheartening. We need a signature win since the Flyers games somehow didn't spark the team. Boston is the perfect place to do it, but it is a tall TALL order since even at our best we can't seem to beat them. If they can somehow muster a win there it can change a lot.

I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad