Not open for further replies.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
IT'S NOW THE RETURN OF ZUBRUS EDITION!
tumblr_m5w8swgNZj1r1k67v.gif

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice Clarkson: "Nobody missed that." RT @zerogravityfat: @TGfireandice How happy is the locker room to have the terrible music back?

200px-New_Jersey_Devils_logosvg_zpsccaef3b0.png
vs.
200px-New_York_Islanders_svg_zpsd3ffd686.png

You know it is at the Rock
You know it's on MSG+
You know to listen to Matt and Sherry on 660AM​

LINEUPS - TO BE UPDATED LATER TODAY

:devils

Elias-Loktionov-Bernier
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini
Carter-Gionta-Kostopoulos

Defense: Trade Bait

Goalie: The Franchise

:isles

Forwards: Bunch of 1st Round Picks

Defense: Some good, some bad

Goalie: Not bad at all

THE FIVE STAGES OF OVERTIME AND SHOOTOUT LOSS GRIEF

STAGE 1: ANGER

At first, there are a lot of posts like this
tumblr_m7ikhf0evv1qdmk7to1_400.gif

Then some posters start responding like this
tumblr_m7z3hjWW6F1r7cf6no4_250.gif

...and on and on and on

STAGE 2: DEPRESSION

lane07.jpg

This team has no heart, trade everybody, we suck, blah blah

STAGE 3: DENIAL

I_Ain_t_Even_Mad.jpg

When we get Kovalchuk and Zubrus back everything will be fine. Crosby is out for a month, Rangers haven't scored in 2 hours of play, Islanders aren't really gaining on us and Flyers lol

STAGE 4: GO INSANE!

82598403.gif

I mean, I've been watching a lot of Albany games and I think Tedenby is finally ready to contribute. Also we should trade Tallinder for Doughty straight up, it's a win-win for both teams. Lokti is a legit 1st line player.

STAGE 5: GET REAL

tumblr_m2cjerOXTN1qedb29o1_500_zps47eeb876.gif

Truth: There is so much mediocrity in the East this year, your team doesn't even really have to be that good to get into the playoffs. I think the Devils are good enough. LGD.

STAGE 6: GO GIF CRAZY

chico-eats-nachos-o_zps16de10f1.gif

tumblr_m4engqxstz1r9mv2i.jpg

georgewife.gif

StopWhining.gif

itson-1.gif

Inspirational Movie Clip for this Game: Rage Against the Dying of the Light

Mandatory Mocking of Opposition: Nassau County State of Mind

LET'S GO DEVILS! BEAT THE ISLANDERS AND I WILL MAKE A BETTER GDT NEXT TIME. I HATE GOING TO LONG ISLAND TO VISIT MY INLAWS AND I HATE LOSING TO THE ISLANDERS EVEN MORE, SO BEAT THEM IN REGULATION DAMNIT!!!! LGD!!!!

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I always hate playing this team. It's no secret our Devils sometimes don't come out to play this team with the same energy as our more competitive division rivals. Even the Moose shutout was just a couple minutes away from possibly being a dual shutout between Nabby and Moose going to a shootout. Also if Gragner isn't stopped by Moose on the breakaway it could have ended 1-0 Isles. The last game against them seemed to be when our troubles started too.

Also Larsson, and Tally again PLZ. Keep Volch and Harrold upstairs bored in the suite.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I always hate playing this team. It's no secret our Devils sometimes don't come out to play this team with the same energy as our more competitive division rivals. Even the Moose shutout was just a couple minutes away from possibly being a dual shutout between Nabby and Moose going to a shootout. Also if Gragner isn't stopped by Moose on the breakaway it could have ended 1-0 Isles. The last game against them seemed to be when our troubles started too.

Also Larsson, and Tally again PLZ. Keep Volch and Harrold upstairs bored in the suite.

Ya it happens to often over the years with this team. Just win and we continue to put seperation between us and being outside of the playoffs and the sting of those lost points on this road trip won't hurt as much.

LGD

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

I'm with you on the Islanders hatewagon. **** that team

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm with you on the Islanders hatewagon. **** that team

Yeah me too. I don't hate them like the Rangers or Flyers, but I can't stand all the love they get from Devils fans. If they were competing with us for a playoff spot (Which they are right now) or were actually competitive all these years then no Devils fans would be sympathizing with them. This whole ''We respect the Isles as Devils fans because we're allies in our hate against the Rangers'' though I'm a rebel to that. It's just like saying ''We love and respect the Pens because we're allies in our hate against the Flyers'' but no one is saying that because the Penguins are actually competitive.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yeah me too. I don't hate them like the Rangers or Flyers, but I can't stand all the love they get from Devils fans. If they were competing with us for a playoff spot (Which they are right now) or were actually competitive all these years then no Devils fans would be sympathizing with them. This whole ''We respect the Isles as Devils fans because we're allies in our hate against the Rangers'' though I'm a rebel to that. It's just like saying ''We love and respect the Pens because we're allies in our hate against the Flyers'' but no one is saying that because the Penguins are actually competitive.

I hate them almost as much as the Rags to be honest. They're a joke of a franchise and I want NJ to kick the **** out of them tomorrow.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i have more hate for the canes and sabres then the isles by far. isles are like the leafs to me....a joke.

its quite sad to see the toronto above the devils in the standings......i would love to see the team fully healthy and meet them in the playoffs only to expose them as the farce they are and watch all the leafs' sheep cry.

DevilChuk*

i have more hate for the canes and sabres then the isles by far. isles are like the leafs to me....a joke.

its quite sad to see the toronto above the devils in the standings......i would love to see the team fully healthy and meet them in the playoffs only to expose them as the farce they are and watch all the leafs' sheep cry.

Seriously.. Islanders have been irrelevant for so long that I find it hard to hate them.

I mean, will I root for them if they make the playoffs? No.

But am I actively caring whether or not they do get there? Nope..

I would love for them to knock the Rangers out... as would almost every Ranger fan would like to see them do with us.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

My hate for the sabers only really grew after Miller's antics. Have to hate the Canes though. Isles just annoy me, will annoy me more when they go to Brooklyn as I kind of loath that place.

Here here and the Laffs. Love to do it ourselves, but will still be great when someone exposes them for the fools goal they are. IF we can just get a bit of a winning streak going maybe we can swap spots with them and they can get smacked around by the Habs (maybe Boston but I don't know anymore, they are slumping). Hate for that soft 3 vs 6 seed match up to be wasted on the Leafs.

NC107*

Big night in the race for a spot. A win eliminates the challenge.
LGD

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the islanderps are no joke. we butt-****ed ourselves in florida, so now we need 2 points here. dont **** the bed again.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I like the Islanders and their fans . If they take a playoff spot from the Rangers, thats great in my book. That being said , lets get the 2 points

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
I'd like to see the Devils blow another lead with under a minute left, causing a huge meltdown on this board, then they'll be all ''April Fools!'' and score with under 10 seconds left to win.

NHL Fanatik*

Lets be real here, no team is a joke... It's almost disrespectful to say so. But with that being said, the Leafs are plainly doing better than us, and so they deserve to be above us in the standings.

As for the Islanders, the Devils never play too well against them, but we do need these 2 (at least 1) point(s) from tonight if we want to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad