Prospect Info: Kole Lind

Status
Not open for further replies.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Yup... Lind will probably tell Benning he wants to go to Europe next season and Benning will give in.......

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Nice. Good that they waited till post deadline—if they signed him between Jan 1. and deadline it would have burned off a year of his ELC due to his late birthday (as per Ryan Biech).

Ideally Kelowna has a deep run and makes the Memorial cup, but if not would be great to get him on an ATO to bolster Utica (as we've taken literally everyone from them).
Wait, I don’t think his contract will slip at all as long as he’s playing in the CHL

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Nevertheless, if he plays 10+ AHL games, including playoffs, would this not count as a professional season thereby making him expansion eligible in 2020? If so, what are the odds the Canucks know this?

Apparently he's getting max bonuses, which seems a bit unprecedented. Would need to go check out what other early 2nd round picks have gotten, but this seems a bit weird since Lind's camp literally has no leverage and there are pretty set values for ELCs based on your draft position.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
On a slightly Lind related note, Nic Hague, the guy many wanted at this spot, has 30 goals already in the OHL (and leading his team in points) as a D-man. Vegas had a really solid first draft.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Hague was the highest ranked guy at that spot on my list.

I think the Penguins winning the cup with a slightly less glamorous D and a stacked forward group had GM's valuing that forward depth over D depth. Not saying I agree, just saying what I think happened.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Lind was a great pick in that spot. Should have made the World Juniors. I actually thought he would make it before Gaddovich.

He has been on an absolute terror late.

Canucks need scoring and the guy can snipe.

Obviously the Canucks weakness is defence. Lets be honest.

But, the Canucks are very strong up and at goalie prospects wise.

If they can scoop an extra 1st this year some how and pick a couple of d men. Then things are starting to look better.

Here's the real question though for me, can you bypass another Tkachuk if he on the board at 4 or 5?

There are a ton of men stud available in the top 5 but I don't know how you pass up Tkahuck if he's there.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
On a slightly Lind related note, Nic Hague, the guy many wanted at this spot, has 30 goals already in the OHL (and leading his team in points) as a D-man. Vegas had a really solid first draft.

Actually, the Vegas and VanCity picks from 2017 will be very intriguing to compare moving forward....for the Knights it was Glass, Suzuki and Hague versus the Canucks' Pettersson, Lind and Gadjovich......after one season, early edge to the Canucks?

manroth19

May 20, 2015
Actually, the Vegas and VanCity picks from 2017 will be very intriguing to compare moving forward....for the Knights it was Glass, Suzuki and Hague versus the Canucks' Pettersson, Lind and Gadjovich......after one season, early edge to the Canucks?

You’re forgetting branstrom who’s pretty damn good. After their first draft prospectswise they got glass, Suzuki, branstrom, Hague, Tuch and Theodore. Kinda funny and sad really how good they are now and already looking pretty going forward

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Just based on those prospects alone (and ignoring Brannstrom who was also a Vegas pick), I'd probably give a slight edge to Vegas overall but the best prospect to Vancouver.

Pettersson >> Glass - Both excellent prospects, but Pettersson scoring at a higher level.
Suzuki > Lind - Both scoring similar but Suzuki is quicker and nearly a full year younger.
Hague >>> Gadjovich - Don't think Gadj is as good a prospect as some around here seem to think but even if he was, Hague's post-draft production is elite.

As you say, very early on and certainly open to change.

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
You’re forgetting branstrom who’s pretty damn good. After their first draft prospectswise they got glass, Suzuki, branstrom, Hague, Tuch and Theodore. Kinda funny and sad really how good they are now and already looking pretty going forward
They made some real good late round picks last year too, guys like Elvenes and Ben Jones.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Here's the real question though for me, can you bypass another Tkachuk if he on the board at 4 or 5?

There are a ton of men stud available in the top 5 but I don't know how you pass up Tkahuck if he's there.

They bypass Tkachuk twice already. Both times the team drafted a Tkachuk right after the Canucks.

Btw how good is Brady Tkachuk? Anyone actually saw some of his College games? Looking at his point total 26 points in 34 games and only 7 goals. I know he is playing against older players in College hockey. But I do expect a player that rated in the top 5 in most draft reports to have a little more points.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
If the season were to end today - depending on the lottery, we would pick between 1st and 7th. Now we all know Edmonton will win the draft lottery, but even outside of Rasmus Dahlin, this is a really good year for defensemen in the top 10.

After Dahlin, the 3 forwards; Svechnikov, Zadina and Tkachuk are in the top 7 for sure, but Boqvist, Bouchard and Dobson are all options as well.

Dahlin is clearly on his own, with Svechnikov and Zadina vying for the #2 and #3 spots. I wouldn't be surprised any or all of Boqvist, Bouchard and/or Dobson went before Tkachuk.

Part of me is wary of bypassing a Tkachuk. In 1990 we took Shawn Antoski 1 pick before Keith Tkachuk (and 2 before Marty Brodeur) and in 2016 we took Olli Juolevi 1 pick before Matthew Tkachuk. The first bypass of a Tkachuk was brutal as Antoski at his best was a 4th line grinder in the 1994 playoff run while Tkachuk scored over 500 goals and still has an outside shot at the HHoF. The second bypass of a Tkachuk - well the early returns heavily favour Tkachuk. Ollli Juolevi will have to be something pretty special to equal Tkachuk. But is Brady equal to Matthew?

Still, my Top 7 would be:
  1. Dahlin
  2. Svechnikov
  3. Zadina
  4. Boqvist
  5. Bouchard
  6. Tkachuk
  7. Dobson

derp. Somehow thought this was the draft thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grantham

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018

Pettersson - 5th
Glass - 6th

Lind - 33rd
Hague 34th

Those are fair to compare

How is this fair to compare:

Suzuki - 13th?
Gadjovich - 55th?

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
lol he scored top-shelf here. I think it beat the goalie clean(?)

DXa7xA0VoAA3WHP.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad