GDT: #31 | Sabres at FLYERS | Thu., Dec. 14, 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP, MSG-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
In a few weeks' time, the Flyers will become the first (?) team in NHL history to put up back to back 10 game losing and winning streaks. Book it.
Ah you better not have jinxed it, I said this in the post about how many games we would win in December but didnt want to bring it up until it happened.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
What's the longest winning streak any team has this season thus far?

Gotta win this one tonight and go into Saturday's game against Dallas rolling.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Buffalo has 4 wins this season that aren't against teams in the bottom 3 in their division

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
why is lyon on the bench anyways? I would rather have tokarski called up, so A) Lyon can keep playing B) tokarski can be a servicable NHL backup. Remember the playoffs for MTL. ? and also does anyone have any info when Stolarz will be back? This is injury sure could effect his career in Philadelphia...

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
why is lyon on the bench anyways? I would rather have tokarski called up, so A) Lyon can keep playing B) tokarski can be a servicable NHL backup. Remember the playoffs for MTL. ? and also does anyone have any info when Stolarz will be back? This is injury sure could effect his career in Philadelphia...

I was just looking for a all purpose goalie thread for 17-18 earlier today and I couldn’t find one.

My only guess would be that because Lyon has been struggling, they are hoping some work with Dillabaugh can help get him back on track.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
He’s up because he’s their third goalie. It’s really as simple as that.

They messed up stolie last year by bringing him up and sitting on the bench for a month. It isn’t a issue now because it has only been a week, but If Hak/Hexy have no plan on starting Lyon then it wouldn’t be a bad thing to bring up Tokarski and let Lyon get some burn in the AHL. Or even rotate them so that Lyon can play at least one game a week.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They messed up stolie last year by bringing him up and sitting on the bench for a month. It isn’t a issue now because it has only been a week, but If Hak/Hexy have no plan on starting Lyon then it wouldn’t be a bad thing to bring up Tokarski and let Lyon get some burn in the AHL. Or even rotate them so that Lyon can play at least one game a week.

I think they’ve shown at this point they’re not too concerned with players sitting. When it comes to goalies practice time is more beneficial than your forwards & defensemen. Neuvirth isn’t expected to be out much longer at this point anyway.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There's no way Lyon should get a start right now. The only way he should play is if Elliott gets hurt or lit up. The Flyers are in no position to fool around.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It depends. Are we rooting for losses or wins now? I’m so ****ing confused! I root for some goals and not boring hockey, but I don’t know anymore!
Wins!

They're only 2 wins behind the last wildcard spot with 1 game in hand. Imagine, 10 game win streak and no playoffs, then the next year a 10 game losing streak and playoffs.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Wins!

They're only 2 wins behind the last wildcard spot with 1 game in hand. Imagine, 10 game win streak and no playoffs, then the next year a 10 game losing streak and playoffs.

But if we make the playoffs, Hak never leaves. Zero chance, even if it wasn't likely anyway, but we could be talking years. This team is too stupid to evaluate beyond wins and losses. But I want to root for them to win in my heart. It's tough!

I choose ambivalence, as usual.

I root for not going into a shell.

qraz0.gif

Not even an option, brah.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

The terms used from the outset were "cautious" and "indefinitely" in describing the injury to Stolarz. There hasn't been a timetable provided. There hasn't been any updated info since.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It depends. Are we rooting for losses or wins now? I’m so ****ing confused! I root for some goals and not boring hockey, but I don’t know anymore!

I'm still rooting for losses. Only about 20% chance of making the playoffs according to models I've seen. Plus most importantly, f*** Dave Hakstol. Run this f***er out of town.

However, I am happy when some of the guys do well. Especially so for Couturier, Konecny, Provorov, Ghost, or Sanheim.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Starters: Elliott (vs. Lehner), Provorov-MacDonald, Giroux-Couturier-Simmonds

Non-IR scratches: Lehtera and Alt

Referees: Dan O'Rourke and Trevor Hanson

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Not sure we want Tokarski up tbh. While he didn't play poorly against Hershey last weekend, he seems not to be able to anticipate the action as well as the others, even Lyon,imo.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I feel like if we could get Evander Kane for Blues 1st round pick and good PK forward we can make playoffs. Of course we will need to fire Lappy. Evander Kane will replace Weal and if we improve from 27th on PK to top 10.. we golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad