GDT: #31| Dallas Stars @ New York Islanders | December 13th | 7:00 PM | F/L 5-2

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'd be happy with 2 points either tonight or tomorrow. Any way we can get them. 11 games until the midpoint. A record of 6-4-1 gets us on pace for 100 points.
Isles have so much trouble beating Columbus that their best chance of picking up 2 points in the back to back, is tonight against Dallas.

Let's go Islanders.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Isles have so much trouble beating Columbus that their best chance of picking up 2 points in the back to back, is tonight against Dallas.

Let's go Islanders.

CBJ without Dubinsky might be beatable,... I mean the Nets beat the Wizards last night with a NBA D-League roster, they had lost 12 in a row by average of 15 points to those guys

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Don't jinx this game! I was the fall guy last game when I said Halak is going for the shutout.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I am seeing a 5-1 win tonight with Lee getting his first hatty

You know...out of all our top 3's within say the past 10 years..

Moulson/KO/Bailey/Lee etc etc

Lee is the ONLY one that I have never complained about....come to think of it...no one else has that I can remember...just that it took a long time for him to get here due to his 4 year stint @ Notre Dame..

You could read the tea leaves that Moulson was just a shot in the dark...KO took forever to look good and failed miserably when he left... Lee on other hand...I think he'd do well on any team. Why is he so underrated or is that just me?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
IMO, as long as the team is competitive, attendance will be solid. Same as it was at Nassau.

In BK, would you say 90%+ of the attendees are taking the LIRR to/from the game? Those same 8-10K people + the disgruntled Isles fans who refuse to come to BK will fill Belmont. Average attendance of around 13-15k?

I really REALLY don't want to rehash the attendance nonsense in the GDT, but look up the Nassau attendance numbers and then the Brooklyn numbers. 13K-15K average has rarely occurred for this team in either place.

Now back to game discussion. Please.

bronxirish

Oct 24, 2013
You know...out of all our top 3's within say the past 10 years..

Moulson/KO/Bailey/Lee etc etc

Lee is the ONLY one that I have never complained about....come to think of it...no one else has that I can remember...just that it took a long time for him to get here due to his 4 year stint @ Notre Dame..

You could read the tea leaves that Moulson was just a shot in the dark...KO took forever to look good and failed miserably when he left... Lee on other hand...I think he'd do well on any team. Why is he so underrated or is that just me?
Without question Lee is in the conversation as the most underrated player in league. He's underrated by his own fan base.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I really REALLY don't want to rehash the attendance nonsense in the GDT, but look up the Nassau attendance numbers and then the Brooklyn numbers. 13K-15K average has rarely occurred for this team in either place.

Now back to game discussion. Please.

Back in the day, attendance was one of the things I looked at because there was no NHL.com etc and I lived in Toronto, so RARELY got to see Isles games on TV. I do remember attendance being in and around 13-15k, but this was late 80's...I think during the cup years, it must have been better. Also remember that a full house was something like 16.5k. I remember it being the same size as Joe Louis Arena.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Gamecentre blacked this gaeme out for me...does anyone have a link? The ones I found aren;t working

nvm..found one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad