'30 Teams in 30 Days' - OHL Prospect Reviews

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Cool to hear a professional agrees with my interpretation on that nomination. Nice.

Guarantee it had more to do with the fact that Zacha played 20 more games with Sarnia than Konecny. Same reason why McDavid didn't win the Calder. Panarin just played a lot more games during the season even though McDavid was the better player when he was playing.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Guarantee it had more to do with the fact that Zacha played 20 more games with Sarnia than Konecny. Same reason why McDavid didn't win the Calder. Panarin just played a lot more games during the season even though McDavid was the better player when he was playing.
Idk Brock says otherwise

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Interesting read on Hall. I wonder if his skating has improved since your last viewing? In the Penguins' summer prospects camp, it was note that Hall stood out (positively), both because of his mobility and the unexpected offensive display he put on.

Who's a good NHL comparable at this point? Maybe a Radko Gudas? A younger Brooks Orpik?

I suppose it's highly possible, but I did see him play in the OHL playoffs and at the U18's.

We'll get a better read on that next year in the OHL. I feel like sometimes these camp performances get overrated given the circumstances (sometimes just drills and not even game situations).

As far as an NHL comparable, it's too early to make that. It's viable that Hall's offensive game could improve, as could other areas of his game. Gudas, and Orpik, would make sense as comparables at this given moment, sure.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It'll be interesting to see what Florida does with Crouse. I think another year of junior would be best for his offensive development, but agree that he's NHL-ready to play a bottom six role, as both his size/strength and his defensive game are already there.

If he is sent back, a trade elsewhere might be best for him. Kingston's probably going to be a bad team this year, as a lot of their main guys from last year's first place finish will be graduating. Maybe a trade to a team like Kitchener or Erie might benefit his offensive development more than returning to Kingston where he'll have no offensive support to help him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad