#3 Oshawa vs #6 Peterborough

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Exactly. The other poster got so confused as to what he was even trying to say he started citing stats from all over that place that had absolutely nothing to do with the initial convo. All I was saying is today (this series) Keyser is definitely better than Jones. Doesn't mean Jones won't be unreal in the future or even be a top 3 goalie next year. Some people just want to fight o_O

Great site for goalie comps. adj.GSAA is most telling stat.

2018-19 OHL Goalies

adj. GSAA: Adjusted goals saved above average. This stat determines how many goals an across the board league average goalie would have allowed given the respective goalie's number of HD, MD, and LD shots against. Then the actual number of goals allowed is subtracted from the calculated value. Plus values are good (+10 means they stopped 10 more goals than the average goalie in the OHL would have this year), while negatives are below what the average OHL goalie would have scored on them (-10 means allowed 10 more goals than the average goalie in the league would have this year). Consideration given for where the shots are coming from and therefore the quality of scoring chances against, as well as the number of shots faced.

Both well above average. Keyser ranks 4th in league this year at +24.8, and Jones ranks 7th at +22.1. Should be a good series.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I agree with what someone said earlier about the Petes being the best team outside the top 4 in either conference but they really haven't matched up well with Oshawa. If it were the Wolves or 67s I could see them pulling off the upset but hard to see it here.

Wolves fans will say I'm a hater (because everyone knows I love the Petes..... lol) but I really do think PBO would've beat SBY in 6 or 7

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Great site for goalie comps. adj.GSAA is most telling stat.

2018-19 OHL Goalies

adj. GSAA: Adjusted goals saved above average. This stat determines how many goals an across the board league average goalie would have allowed given the respective goalie's number of HD, MD, and LD shots against. Then the actual number of goals allowed is subtracted from the calculated value. Plus values are good (+10 means they stopped 10 more goals than the average goalie in the OHL would have this year), while negatives are below what the average OHL goalie would have scored on them (-10 means allowed 10 more goals than the average goalie in the league would have this year). Consideration given for where the shots are coming from and therefore the quality of scoring chances against, as well as the number of shots faced.

Both well above average. Keyser ranks 4th in league this year at +24.8, and Jones ranks 7th at +22.1. Should be a good series.

There isn't as big of a difference in Jones and Keyser as the Gens guy claims. Section 7 was good with the stats

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Jones on his game is as good as Keyser. His numbers were right there with Keyser and UPL for the first three months of the year. It seems like he's back at that level now.

Keyser obviously had the better overall, more consistent season, which can possibly be chalked up to more experience, which also is an advantage he has in the playoffs.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Everyone likes to argue lol two good teams two good goalies it’s playoff time baby throw all your stats and projections out the damn window

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Jones on his game is as good as Keyser. His numbers were right there with Keyser and UPL for the first three months of the year. It seems like he's back at that level now.

Keyser obviously had the better overall, more consistent season, which can possibly be chalked up to more experience, which also is an advantage he has in the playoffs.

When on their game, everyone in the OHL is a good goalie, that's why they're in the OHL. Consistency is what makes a goalie good or not

That seems to be what Jones needs to improve on to get to that Keyser/UPL level of consistent dominance

You guys see him more than I do, but from what I've seen of him this year, it seems like he has a tendency to be going good and then give up 3 goals in a 3 minute stretch and suddenly it's not a good game anymore

Last edited:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
When on their game, everyone in the OHL is a good goalie, that's why they're in the OHL. Consistency is what makes a goalie good or not

That seems to be what Jones needs to improve on to get to that Keyser/UPL level of consistent dominance

You guys see him more than I do, but from what I've seen of him this year, it seems like he has a tendency to be going good and then give up 3 goals in a 3 minute stretch and suddenly it's not a good game anymore
I would agree with that assessment for sure young goalie consistency is always the one aspect to overcome

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

"For as well as Hunter Jones has played this year (save for a dry spell post deadline), Kyle Keyser has been even better and should be able to turn aside the majority of Peterborough’s chances."

Is @Section7fan going to rip on Brock now for saying literally the exact same thing that I just said and he tried to rip me for....? Or is Brock a "Gens homer" as well...?

Reactions: LR8 and Nerf27

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
"For as well as Hunter Jones has played this year (save for a dry spell post deadline), Kyle Keyser has been even better and should be able to turn aside the majority of Peterborough’s chances."

Is @Section7fan going to rip on Brock now for saying literally the exact same thing that I just said and he tried to rip me for....? Or is Brock a "Gens homer" as well...?

This debate is funny.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018

Brock didn't say "Kesyer is considerably better than Jones". Do you know the definition of considerably?

considerably |kənˈsidər(ə)blē, -ˈsidrəblē| adverbby a notably large amount or to a notably large extent

I never once said that Jones was better than Kesyer. I disagreed with your statement because I don't believe the talent level difference is "considerable". You also stated Kesyer is top 2 goalie in the O and I provided stats to disprove your statement and then you tried to say I was "cherry picking stats" when the only stat you produced was a save % for one season lol.

Maybe stop obsessing over people who call out your awful homer posts.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Brock didn't say "Kesyer is considerably better than Jones". Do you know the definition of considerably?

considerably |kənˈsidər(ə)blē, -ˈsidrəblē| adverbby a notably large amount or to a notably large extent

I never once said that Jones was better than Kesyer. I disagreed with your statement because I don't believe the talent level difference is "considerable". You also stated Kesyer is top 2 goalie in the O and I provided stats to disprove your statement and then you tried to say I was "cherry picking stats" when the only stat you produced was a save % for one season lol.

Pot calling kettle. Move on. The debate is this season not the past. Done

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

I also never said anything about the talent difference. I said Keyser had a considerably better season. I literally said multiple times Jones may very well become a stud goalie and will probably be top 3 in the league next year, but I'm talking about right now not the future.

And wait, you just accused someone else of obsessing over people calling out posts yet you made a fake account to boost yourself up and are the one who started this entire "fight" by constantly going back at every post I made, even though none of the Petes fans, who most can't stand me, don't even back up what you're saying and admit Keyser had a better year, because it's impossible to claim otherwise? You're something else.

I apologize to the rest of the thread who are enjoying laughing at our friend here contradict himself in every post just to keep a "fight" going but this is the time I add to the mute list. Some people you just will never be able to get through to :laugh:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Naw just delusional.

The last time I was called delusional by SBY fans was when I said NIA will win their division, Gens will finish 3rd and SBY will drop to 4th.

And now there's a certain Sudbury fan (who has been a good sport throughout the whole thing) who has a profile picture of Serron Noel beating up a former Wolves captain because "there was no chance I was right". But here we are lol

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The last time I was called delusional by SBY fans was when I said NIA will win their division, Gens will finish 3rd and SBY will drop to 4th.

And now there's a certain Sudbury fan (who has been a good sport throughout the whole thing) who has a profile picture of Serron Noel beating up a former Wolves captain because "there was no chance I was right". But here we are lol
You predicted a stacked Niagara team would win the division??! Well I didn’t know that, I bow to your superior knowledge.
Cannot believe you’re not making a living as a fortune teller with that brilliant long shot prediction?? :)
That was an amazing prediction, you missed your calling pal.
You’re hilarious, always have to get the last word. Anyway back to the topic at hand, leave Sudbury out of it, you’ve been in denial and undermining them all season.

Oh ya, I hope you’re right about the Petes, wouldnt that be something if they knocked off the Gens?

Last edited:

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
You’re hilarious, always have to get the last word.
This is true and why I can't engage with Gens Updates beyond a superficial level, which is too bad because there is a lot of knowledge there and some good points have come out of past discussions but always needing the last word and never conceding a point just becomes so tiresome, it's not worth the aggravation.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This is true and why I can't engage with Gens Updates beyond a superficial level, which is too bad because there is a lot of knowledge there and some good points have come out of past discussions but always needing the last word and never conceding a point just becomes so tiresome, it's not worth the aggravation.

The irony of you two complaining I have to get the last word, as you two also fight to get the last word, which you both also do literally every single time someone has a conversation with either of you on here. At least I'm not so oblivious to try to deny it, unlike you two.

Pot. Kettle.

In reality though, I have no problem with any discussion or people who don't agree with my thesis. You can look through my 2400+ posts and see plenty of discussions on there (including several with NV himself). My problem is when people like Section7Fan and Lythcanwhatever come on and try to act like you're an idiot for having a perfectly reasonable take (like Keyser has been better than Jones this year or that PBO would've had a good shot to beat SBY in a 1st round series if that was the matchup) and try to belittle you for something and have no intention of actually having a conversation, they're just looking to fight and be nasty. That's the stuff that really annoys me (as I'm sure it does with others, which is why I see them constantly fighting on all the different boards). NV at least comes across as civil the majority of the time which is why I'd have no problem having a real OHL conversation with him, because at least usually he is actually trying to engage.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You predicted a stacked Niagara team would win the division??! Well I didn’t know that, I bow to your superior knowledge.
Cannot believe you’re not making a living as a fortune teller with that brilliant long shot prediction?? :)
That was an amazing prediction, you missed your calling pal.
You’re hilarious, always have to get the last word. Anyway back to the topic at hand, leave Sudbury out of it, you’ve been in denial and undermining them all season.

Oh ya, I hope you’re right about the Petes, wouldnt that be something if they knocked off the Gens?

Am I allowed to respond to the question you asked me or does that mean I'm just trying to get the last word? You're apparently the moral arbiter who decides who can post when/where so please advise asap.

But I'll risk it and answer your question. Yes, I said NIA would win their division, and 2 SBY fans said I was delusional and just a SBY hater for saying that (resulted in a bet yadda yadda I just said all this but you don't listen to anyone talk but yourself so I'm caught saying it twice), which is what I just said above when you called me delusional. I hope you're caught up now.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Am I allowed to respond to the question you asked me or does that mean I'm just trying to get the last word? You're apparently the moral arbiter who decides who can post when/where so please advise asap.

But I'll risk it and answer your question. Yes, I said NIA would win their division, and 2 SBY fans said I was delusional and just a SBY hater for saying that (resulted in a bet yadda yadda I just said all this but you don't listen to anyone talk but yourself so I'm caught saying it twice), which is what I just said above when you called me delusional. I hope you're caught up now.
Yep sure. Not sure what that drivel was all about but you really need help if you couldn’t tell how sarcastic I was being. You just proved our point, you had to go through great lengths to once again get the last word and prove to yourself you’re right.
Oh and I definitely enjoy listening to other people’s ideas and views. I do it all the time on here. Check my posts, you’re one of the few that consistently finds reasons to argue with me, and obviously others. :) Frankly Il admit I sometimes engage with you out of boredom, you’re so predictable and narrow minded. Every time I think you might be able to hold a two way discussion you prove me wrong. Okay then, go your own way like the Fleetwood Mac song but it wouldn’t hurt to look at your posts objectively and see how you come across. Well peace out, being a moral “arbiter” is tiring :) I think the word you were looking for is arbitrator sunshine.
So Mr Updates is it last word time? I dare you you not to respond...c’mon you can do it, deep breath

Sorry guys, I’m out, hope it’s a good series.

Last edited:

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Yep sure. Not sure what that drivel was all about but you really need help if you couldn’t tell how sarcastic I was being. You just proved our point, you had to go through great lengths to once again get the last word and prove to yourself you’re right.
Oh and I definitely enjoy listening to other people’s ideas and views. I do it all the time on here. Check my posts, you’re one of the few that consistently finds reasons to argue with me, and obviously others. :) Frankly Il admit I sometimes engage with you out of boredom, you’re so predictable and narrow minded. Every time I think you might be able to hold a two way discussion you prove me wrong. Okay then, go your own way like the Fleetwood Mac song but it wouldn’t hurt to look at your posts objectively and see how you come across. Well peace out, being a moral “arbiter” is tiring :) I think the word you were looking for is arbitrator sunshine.
So Mr Updates is it last word time? I dare you you not to respond...c’mon you can do it, deep breath

Sorry guys, I’m out, hope it’s a good series.

I try not to get myself involved in these things but reading your posts and seeing how you actually think that people find you funny and/or informed drives me nuts and I can't not say something. All you do is fight with people on this site. You're a Sudbury fan and are currently fighting in multiple threads and none of them are even the Sudbury thread. Stop trying to insert yourself into everything. I've never seen someone so obsessed with drama in my life. At 5:47am (time of your post) the most important thing in your life was to make this post and try to get the last word and to try to make yourself look cool. The way you tried to word it to make yourself look like the cool, funny guy is enough to make anyone never want to log into this site ever again. Just stop. We get it, you love drama but enough is enough. Please stop.

Sign, every Petes/Gens fans (but really every single fanbase on here)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad