Post-Game Talk: #3 | FLYERS 3 at Ducks 2 (OT) | Sat. Oct. 7, 10:00 pm ET

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Giving up draft picks to trade Read, Lehtera, and Weise is so obviously a bad idea for us at this point. Yes, we are deep in prospects and youth.

You think it'd take picks to trade Read? Seems like salary retention would get it done. Hextall wants a lot for his trade chips, even if they're middling players. See: Bellemare rumors

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
You think it'd take picks to trade Read? Seems like salary retention would get it done. Hextall wants a lot for his trade chips, even if they're middling players. See: Bellemare rumors

I don't know. At the trade deadline it's a lot more likely. Trading him this very moment doesn't sound easy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't know. At the trade deadline it's a lot more likely. Trading him this very moment doesn't sound easy.

Yeah, as more of his contract is paid out, it gets easier to move him. Right now a team trading for Read with 50% retention would have to pay him about $1.75m. At the deadline it would be around $442,000.

Read isn't bad to have around for a while longer in case of injury. If Weise got hurt, I would hope Raffl would move up to 3LW and Read would go in at 4RW.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Yeah, as more of his contract is paid out, it gets easier to move him. Right now a team trading for Read with 50% retention would have to pay him about $1.75m. At the deadline it would be around $442,000.

Read isn't bad to have around for a while longer in case of injury. If Weise got hurt, I would hope Raffl would move up to 3LW and Read would go in at 4RW.

What about Leier?

I'd put Leier at 3LW and try Lethera at 4LW.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Lehtera would slow down the 4th line a lot.

I think Raffl's strength along the boards would do more for Patrick and Konecny than Leier would.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
(Copied and Pasted article.)
The Anaheim Ducks have made a minor trade, sending goaltender Dustin Tokarski to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for future considerations. Tokarski will report directly to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the AHL, while the Phantoms have traded Leland Irving back to the San Diego Gulls (Anaheim’s affiliate).

Tokarski was once a promising goaltending prospect, but has fallen on tough times in recent seasons and had dropped down the Anaheim depth chart. He’ll look to get his career back on track in Philadelphia, though at 28 it’s hard to see him ever becoming an impact starter in the league.

Selected in the fifth round of the 2008 draft by Tampa Bay, Tokarski immediately put up an extremely impressive final year of junior hockey before jumping to the professional ranks in 2009. Impressing once again for Tampa’s AHL affiliate, he would get a chance to debut in the NHL that season. That scorching progression would slow in the coming years, as Tokarski has only played in 34 games at the NHL level for his career.

Perhaps in the most well-known moment of his career, Tokarski suited up for the Montreal Canadiens in the 2014 playoffs when Carey Price went out with an injury in the Eastern Conference finals. After backup Peter Budaj faltered in relief the team went to Tokarski and he actually put up a solid performance even in an ultimately losing effort. Since that .916 save percentage in a short playoff run, he hasn’t been quite the same goaltender, struggling even at the AHL level. Last year, he recorded an .898 mark in 27 games with the Gulls.

Irving on the other hand is a former first-round pick who has bounced around all over the world. Since being selected by the Calgary Flames in 2006, Irving has played in the WHL, ECHL, AHL, NHL, KHL and Finnish Liiga, never sticking for too long in one spot. Though he has always shown some impressive reflexes and skill, he’s never been consistent enough to warrant a real look at the highest level. In 13 career NHL games (the last of which came in 2013) Irving has a .902 save percentage.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

I think Raffl's strength along the boards would do more for Patrick and Konecny than Leier would.

Lethera did have a little bit of chemisty with Raffl in the few preseason games they played together, but you are right though Lethera is slower then coles molasses in the winter time and would surely slow the 4th line down.

Origina1Master

Mar 15, 2015

Don’t know how I feel about breaking the 4th line up, they’ve been so great. I do wonder how they would look with someone like Lehterä instead of Raffl though if the latter was moved up in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad