GDT: 3/7/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Purcell was pretty bad at the start last year too and then picked up steam halfway through the season. I'm afraid he's going to be out of runway so to speak this year.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Purcell was pretty bad at the start last year too and then picked up steam halfway through the season. I'm afraid he's going to be out of runway so to speak this year.

Maybe the benching will light a fire under his ass

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Breakdown of Team:

Lindback + good offense = win (~8/10 games)
Lindback + bad offense = win (~1/10 games)

rezR2Le.png

Credit: dbieon12

Conclusion:
The primary issue isn't Lindback, the issue is the offense. The team has shown (if you can remember) that they can win with Lindback. Can't forget that he did collect 8 wins. With more play, he will (likely) improve and he has recently - more confidence at least.

In fairness, we can't expect the team to score like they did in the beginning of the season (~5 GPG) but they should be able to produce more than they have recently. Expectations for Lindback are too high, but he should be around ~0.900 SV% and 2.9 GAA by seasons' end. Longterm we should expect greater improvements but he has played few NHL games.

Glossary:
`bad offense` - a team that consistently scores less than 3 goals per game and/or succeeds on less than 20% of PP opportunities
`good offense` - a team that consistently scores over 2 goals per game and/or succeeds on more than 20% of PP opportunities

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Lee played pretty good, surprisingly....you guys probably thought I'd never say that... :P

Labrie played pretty good too, Crombeen is basically a wasted space on the roster, he may drop the gloves more willingly than most that fight, but he sucks. He really does suck at hockey and at fighting. I like him, but he needs to go or be replaced, nothing against him, but he's not in this teams future.

Malone played like the usual, though with a little more pep at some points. Vinny is probably one of the most unlucky players Ive seen play. Stamkos with another transparent game but landing on the scoresheet.

This team just doesnt gel, they got a 5 on 3 for 1 minute, Ladd hits the post on a backdoor attempt with nobody around him. We have a full 2minute 5 on 3 and have nobody moving around, nobody behind the net, on the side, rarely in front, while two guys play catch. We are an apprehensive and think first team, thats the worst thing you could do is to think while playing, just do it, it comes natural and its deliberate. There's no checking, there's no grit and back to that PP, there's nobody spreading out their defense.

If it wasnt for that 6-1 start, we'd have such an ass sucking powerplay %.

Doesnt help when Purcell is puck shy. Ive never seen such an inconsistent player. How'd you guys like when he watched the devils score that shorty the other night and he was in the corner and just stood there? Awesome stuff, right?

Cant wait til we have to play Detroit, Boston, Montreal, Toronto nearly every week, that ought to be loads of fun. Yes, they call me Mr. Optimistic.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well looks like I didn't miss much. It's good to see people ready to jump on the Brian Lee bandwagon. Bobby the "chief" Taylor jumped on tonight.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Evaluation of players tonight:
Malone-****, Stamkos-****, Purcell-****
Killorn-not his best game, Vinny-**** but he was at least skating, Marty-****
Conacher-give the man some ice!, Pyatt-great again, Palat-very solid,
Labrie-did his job, Crombeen-meh, Thompson-had good chances but terrible turnovers

Hedman-not very good (too soft), Salo-see:Hedman
Carle-typical Carle, Brewer-not bad threw some hits
Lee-probably our best defenseman tonight, Aulie-not bad

Lindback-short side goal was a perfect shot, can't really blame a butterfly goalie for giving that up. The 2nd goal was a bit weak but there were so many broken parts on that play before it. Not to mention 0-5 on the PP!!!!

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Yup, we arent anywhere near "there" yet. Lee is looking better though... worlds smallest consolation prize haha.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We're totally cursed to one-goal losses. This is unbelievable.

9 one goal losses, we don't even deserve to win 80% of those games, most of them would've been 2-3 goal blowouts if not for the last 10minute comeback trick the lightning love to pull off.

Even in some of the 1 goal losses that we've played decently, the other team has played equally well if not better, this team has not outworked any team in any game since the 6-1 start, and even half of those wins were done so with a poor effort.

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
I don't remember the last time I've seen a team make so many dumb ass plays. Plays that make you wanna smack your forehead.

Just dumb passes left and right.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well looks like I didn't miss much. It's good to see people ready to jump on the Brian Lee bandwagon. Bobby the "chief" Taylor jumped on tonight.

You again? :p:

Its cause he's making the simple passes, simple plays and using his body. Something he wasnt doing every shift, and now he's starting to. But guess what? Now it doesnt matter....the team....still...sucks.... :cry:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I thought they outplayed them for the most part. Hit the post a few times. Man this team cant catch a break. If I was them Id get rid of a lot of those 3rd and 4th line dudes and just bring up Johnson, Connolly, Panik, those guys. They work harder and can score goals. Yes they arent the most experienced but its obvious this team right now isnt going to win anything special. Might as well play for the future now.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Probably already stated but two things stick out in this lose, St.Loius should never have been matched up against a much bigger player that led to the Jets go ahead goal. Also if Lindback had his stick on the ice that goal never goes in. IMO this was the 4th or 5th game the Lightning let slip away without earning a single point that they very much deserved. Of course those numbers could be higher but every team steps in **** every once and a while.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
With the team going only 4-12 since the hot start, Yzerman will have a hard time giving these guys away at the deadline. Some of the guys we will want to trade have contracts that are too large, which lowers their value even more. Yzerman will have to put his best used car salesman hat on at the trade deadline.

Last edited:

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Bye, bye.. Playoffs :skeptic:

bye,bye? this team is no doubt improving over their last 4 games, and are capable of a 5-7 game win streak. Biggest concern is of course goaltending but besides that i believe their roster is solid, and will continue to improve, hell they could easily still win the division. However they must begin to work much harder on EVERY shift.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
What have you seen that makes us believe the losing will not continue?
By the way I hope you are right, I bleed blue just tired of the defensive mistakes, poor goal tending, bad passes, miserable PP....need I go on?

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
In my opinion the PP is what's killing us. We scored lots of PP goals to start the year and that helped us win. Since then our PP has sucked = we've been losing. The PP gives the entire team confidence and when you don't score 5 on 3 for a full 2 minutes it brings the team down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad