GDT: 3/4/24 hawk @ avs 8pm Nbc sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakoon

Oct 11, 2018
What a bunch of p***yes! I've been a supporter of Luke, but the lack of response to Manson's malignant slash of our best player and the most of this board makes me sick. Call me a "Keyboard Warrior" or what you will, but in the words of Orval Tessier, This team, and this board "Lacks Heart"

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Are you down ,Blackhawks fans?

Dp you feel like every game now is the same repeat pretty much of a similar inevitable beat down loss?
That you are in some Groundhog Day?(

seen this before ...mistakes or poor checking goes into back of Hawks goal with little or zero compensating offense coming from the out'-matched Hawks ?

That the Hawks just cannot compete ...that futility keeps recurring game after game after game?

That your time can be better spent on other things rather than watching repeating episodes of a Night In The Tank?

Well...good news ONLY 20 more futile "contrsts" to tolerate before Hawks season mercifully ends.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
New Head Coach, please. The talent sucks but yeah I'm sorry we need freshness and roster turnover save for the guys that actually matter in the long run.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The odds are on Richardson being here next year. But I certainly wouldn't bet on it. This team lacks everything. He's a f***ikg caricature behind the bench who does NOTHING. The players could hold each other more accountable.

Reactions: Giovi

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Richardson has earned his dismissal.

From line combos, etc but most notable - the hockey they are playing. We saw 5 different players - 5 - try to skate the puck through the neutral zone and turn it over in the first. Both Blackwell and Foligno’s wound up in the back of the net.

Youth hockey coaches everywhere teach squirts not to do that.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Some posters on this board are delusional....Cannot ubderstand how poor the depth of talent both offensively andefensively iscin this team compared to almost the entire NHL(with the exception of SJ who are just as bad) teams above them in the standings..to expect ANY coach to get this group of horrors to be in games close most nights let alone win games is IMPOSSIBLE....LR may not be a great coach but you cannot draw water from a dead rock...put it this way ....put LR coaching Florida or Colorado or Edmonton or NYr or any ofvthe top teams in the League and see how much they still win...because they have depth of talent and several top tier players...the Hawks have only Bedard and even he cannot generate enough offense with so little help pkaying with him.

Or take any top coach forcthe top teams ....put them on the Hawks or SJ and NOTHING would change...still get out-differentialed by 2-5 goals almost every game ..

These delusional posters can replace LR with any coach they think is great ...and the truth is...Nothing would change..The team is bad and when their goalies are off the badness gets even greater...

Sorry but no coach could stop this ship from sinking.. Too little actual NHL level ability.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What a bunch of p***yes! I've been a supporter of Luke, but the lack of response to Manson's malignant slash of our best player and the most of this board makes me sick. Call me a "Keyboard Warrior" or what you will, but in the words of Orval Tessier, This team, and this board "Lacks Heart"
Manson didn't even play.

Reactions: Giovi

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm sorry boss, who am I supposed to commit a felony against?

Reactions: Mrfenn92

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I just look at who is going to be on the roster in 2-3 years and see how they do. I thought KK and vlasic had fairly strong games. the divide between Seth and maker is the grand canyon. you can see how much speed plays into good hockey watching the Lanche. so in that regard I m happy that we have put a focus on skating. I do think that KD understands we need to be more competitive next year but also stay the course on building thru the draft.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Korchinski looks so much better on the PP than he did earlier in the season. Much more confident with the puck.
He looked good, but I don't think Col had their foot on the gas in the neutral or defensive zone last night either. They were moving on the attack but a little sluggish defensively.

So that's part of the year that drives me nuts, the Hawks can't even force a team to play 3 periods of good hockey. So tough to really know what's good or not on tv.

Hawks had all sorts of space last night...and they didn't create it themselves most of the time.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He looked good, but I don't think Col had their foot on the gas in the neutral or defensive zone last night either. They were moving on the attack but a little sluggish defensively.

So that's part of the year that drives me nuts, the Hawks can't even force a team to play 3 periods of good hockey. So tough to really know what's good or not on tv.

Hawks had all sorts of space last night...and they didn't create it themselves most of the time.
lol, because their roster is of AHL caliber.
Like, what do people expect?

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If you fire Richardson, anyone that will take the job for next year is also going in knowing they're a lameduck that likely won't make it out of the other side of the rebuild. Keep him one more year, and hopefully by then the job looks like a more promising and you can hire your "let's go be competitive" coach. It doesn't need to be a 7-year Jeff Blashill thing, one more year for a total of three is fine to be the Coach to take all the tank heat.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Yeah, the roster is AHL level and barren, but it's very obvious the locker room needs a new voice and that Kyle Davidson needs to do a better job getting some vets who would help insulate the youth with positive on-ice play.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

That's Colorado's style, run and gun, and who can blame them for it. Few teams can beat Avs in a wide open game, it's more entertaining to watch and the players enjoy it as well. The problems without the puck, however, tend to get accentuated in the post season, placing a lot of pressure on the goalie.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
That's Colorado's style, run and gun, and who can blame them for it. Few teams can beat Avs in a wide open game, it's more entertaining to watch and the players enjoy it as well. The problems without the puck, however, tend to get accentuated in the post season, placing a lot of pressure on the goalie.
They won with Kuemper and Francouz, neither of which are stalwarts.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If you fire Richardson, anyone that will take the job for next year is also going in knowing they're a lameduck that likely won't make it out of the other side of the rebuild. Keep him one more year, and hopefully by then the job looks like a more promising and you can hire your "let's go be competitive" coach. It doesn't need to be a 7-year Jeff Blashill thing, one more year for a total of three is fine to be the Coach to take all the tank heat.

Keeping a coach who doesn't show any ability to coach or help kids during rebuild is recipe for becoming a disaster like Buffalo or other countless failed rebuilds

Anyone taking job knows showing improvement over next 2 years = Success and job security as coach of team on rise

Richardson is actively detrimental to development of talent and performance of team

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Like, what do people expect?
A gm and staff to plan a season to have useful shifts as they lose of course.

The league always finds a guy willing to take the reigns, flaming dumpster or otherwise.
  • 22 straight road losses.
  • No identity,
  • no metrics that say the staff is relatively good at anything after almost two years.
  • Just as many or more young players regressing or stagnating instead of exceeding expectations (not an alarm, just another check against an overall positive)
  • King has been there a while too, and he was bad
...and that's before getting into the in-game nonsense. Almost no risk of overall regression with a coaching change.

Different note, happy for Mackinnon's big night. Pretty cool the Jones boys were on the ice with their dad being available too.

Reactions: Pez68

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
A gm and staff to plan a season to have useful shifts as they lose of course.
Not sure what you expect the staff or the players to do when they have a team that should be in a different league than the majority of NHL teams.

They have had useful games, and it would be a bit different if they didn't lose 3 or 4 of their top players for the season. At this point, people should expect us to lose almost every game, and getting blown out by Cup contenders. Silly to think it should be any different.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClydeLee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad