GDT: 3/31/2018

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Pillar steals 2nd 3rd and home in the 8th inning:clap:
Meh it worked out but it was stupid. Fun as hell to watch tho.
Stealing home is almost never worth the risk.
If the Yankees pitcher hadn’t panicked he would have been out easily.

On a side note had anyone ever stolen all 4 bases in on inning?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Is not a play in a vacuum though. Obviously, if the pitcher is paying attention and makes a good throw the river is gonna be out 99.9 percent of the time but that's not how it is. The reason why it works is because the pitcher often will panick and make a bad throw. That's like the whole premise of the play.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

How do you steal 1st?

Reactions: Cody Webster

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Ngoepe with 2 strikes against Betances. Pillar stays where he is I'd give Ngeope about a 10% chance of getting a hit there if that. Pillar was so far off the base there, even with a good throw by the time Betances steps off, throw home and the tag happens Pillar might get in there anyway. I think I'd give him a better than 10% chance TBH.

are you calling a K wild pitch stealing 1st? Because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to steal first. Segura tried to steal 2nd twice in trip around the bases though, so in theory you could steal 4 bases in 1 trip around. He stole 2nd, and then in an odd play shortly afterwards thought he was out and started jogging back to the dugout, only to realize he was still safe so went to 1st. Then tried to steal 2nd later on only to be caught stealing.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Silly me thinking Ryan McMahon would actually start a game in this series. Gotta get CarGo/Parra/Desmond's bat in there instead

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Ngoepe with 2 strikes against Betances. Pillar stays where he is I'd give Ngeope about a 10% chance of getting a hit there if that. Pillar was so far off the base there, even with a good throw by the time Betances steps off, throw home and the tag happens Pillar might get in there anyway. I think I'd give him a better than 10% chance TBH.

are you calling a K wild pitch stealing 1st? Because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to steal first. Segura tried to steal 2nd twice in trip around the bases though, so in theory you could steal 4 bases in 1 trip around. He stole 2nd, and then in an odd play shortly afterwards thought he was out and started jogging back to the dugout, only to realize he was still safe so went to 1st. Then tried to steal 2nd later on only to be caught stealing.
Yes I was referring to taking first on a wild pitch after striking out. I know it’s not really stealing, I should have been more clear.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We're 3 games into the season and the Phillies are into using position players as pitchers.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
$106 million dollar investment in 3 bullpen pitchers worked!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Last night the Phillies had a fiasco where Gabe Kapler made a pitching change so quickly that the pitcher didn’t even have time to warm up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I saw that...and the SP wasn’t injured was he? If not, Atlanta has every right to be peeved.
Correct, he wasn’t injured. You’re right, the umpire said he trying to protect the pitcher and not let him get hurt. Which is the Phillies job. I think he was doing that willing to take the heat knowing he wasn’t enforcing a rule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad