Donaldson DH
Smoak 1B
Solarte 3B
Grichuk RF
Pillar CF
Diaz SS
Maile C
Ngoepe 2B

That is...ghastly to say the least for a team who's scored 2 runs in their first two games. :laugh:

Travis/Martin both out for rest purposes

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Who knew that playing outdoor baseball games in March in northern cities would cause issues?

MLB should’ve learned after that one Mariners/Indians series in Cleveland that was completely wiped out by snow in 2007. All northern teams (except Milwaukee, Seattle, and Toronto since their parks have roofs) should be on the road for opening day.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don't understand MLB Scheduling. It seems like a lot of these west coast teams have stock piled games against their division (For example, I think the Giants play their division for the entire month of April other than a two game series against the Mariners which is this week), yet this is when they could be playing teams that can't play at home because it's raining. Why are the A's starting against the Angels, and not Detroit, or Chicago. Seems like the best time to stock pile divisional games would be in August or September, when the playoff chases are heating up.

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
I don't have an issue with daily threads. It might get a little dire once there are only a few games on a day though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
MLB should’ve learned after that one Mariners/Indians series in Cleveland that was completely wiped out by snow in 2007. All northern teams (except Milwaukee, Seattle, and Toronto since their parks have roofs) should be on the road for opening day.

I mean sure in theory but it's not gonna be much better with the season starting earlier and earlier each year. Even if you somehow kept all the northeast teams on the road the first ten days of the season you'd still have the same crap weather in early-mid April when they'd have to start playing home games.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I mean sure in theory but it's not gonna be much better with the season starting earlier and earlier each year. Even if you somehow kept all the northeast teams on the road the first ten days of the season you'd still have the same crap weather in early-mid April when they'd have to start playing home games.

But you can manage weather delays. Opening Day/Week feels different in that you have all the ceremonies and pomp and circumstance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad