GDT: 3/30/17 - Wild vs Ottawa - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FSN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The whole team needed this. Very good effort by a lot of guys and Stalock looked solid.

Now, build on this and get some momentum going during these last few regular season games.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
The whole team needed this. Very good effort by a lot of guys and Stalock looked solid.

Now, build on this and get some momentum going during these last few regular season games.

Stalock was beautiful. Very active, fast to follow plays, great stick work, no unnecessary stoppages.. felt gooood :highclap:

It didn't hurt that we played seemingly flawless defense.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Just an all around great game against a good team. As others have said, we needed this, bad.

It's the first game in a long time that everyone looked like they gave a ****. Stalock surprised me, he looks like such a little guy in net when you are used to Dubs ... but he was on it tonight. Would have been awesome if he could have had a shut out. Darcy must feel like he got kicked in the nuts tonight....

Good game, let's keep this rolling!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Boudreau's wife should probably start to get worried about Brucie's relationship with Stewart. Starting to get really curious. He was trash just about everytime he played in the top9 for the Wild. Yet Boudreau plays him in the top9 over and over again. Even with the playoffs about to start he's still producing the same nonsense we've seen for weeks now. Annoying. He has no clue. Not surprised this man has a history of failing in the playoffs. Since months he's talking about finding consistent lines and how he doesn't like to juggle lines. He continues to do the exact opposite though. Who does he think he is? Cooper? Quenneville? Even in Chicago there's more consistency than here. The only thing he came up with in over 70 games is the the Koivu line. Everything else is just a random mess he at times even mixes up every other period. Pathetic. If you know what you're doing, like Quenneville or Cooper, that's not too much of an issue. Their players know exactly what's going on. I'd bet my house that Boudreau has no plan whatsoever...he's probably just flipping coins ahead of games. With playoffs just around the corner, the lineup is still a total mess. Good luck trying to fix that...

Well...in hindsight...this is awkward.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I liked Stalock's game tonight but it made me miss Harding. I really like athletic goalies. They may get beat because of positioning from time to time but they are great at reaction saves and playing the puck. Dubnyk has been good for us but he is terrible playing the puck and can be beat on saves that an athletic goalie could save

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I liked Stalock's game tonight but it made me miss Harding. I really like athletic goalies. They may get beat because of positioning from time to time but they are great at reaction saves and playing the puck. Dubnyk has been good for us but he is terrible playing the puck and can be beat on saves that an athletic goalie could save

Agreed 100000% That Eddie Lack game against us just made me super sad

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I'm sitting on the left side of the couch for the remainder of 2017. It got the Bulldogs to the frozen four so it must work.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
I'm sitting on the left side of the couch for the remainder of 2017. It got the Bulldogs to the frozen four so it must work.

Dont you dare change spots!

Great game, JEE got game as well. He was noticeably throughout most the game, boy it's nice having this young talent in the pipeline again.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I like that they brought JEE back. I know it burns a year but he is a good player and adds speed along with defense to our team. He is a solid player. When Parise comes back I would like to see Stewart and White switch off games in the playoffs depending on who we play. Adding Hanzal was nice for faceoffs and defense but he is slow. We play better as a fast team

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone else happy with Folin? Not that he was amazing or anything, but he adds a solid, physical presence that is nice to have around.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Okay, great win. But I have to ask...

Can somebody tell me who sang "Oh Canada" in the pregame? That was Carl Lewis-esque. Was it like a Make-a-Wish for somebody, or an injured veteran, or a local celebrity. Cool if it was meant to be something along those lines; but if it was a professional, it was not good.

(it was not the same guy who did the "Star Spangled Banner")

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Anyone else happy with Folin? Not that he was amazing or anything, but he adds a solid, physical presence that is nice to have around.

Good outlet passes as well. If he can get back to early season pre injury Folin, that'd bode well right about now. He was looking outstanding before that first injury.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland

I know that feeling. It's been long time since watching Kipper, Thomas, types. Just refreshing to see something different in the era of positional monsters. There's something I miss in goaltending. Not saying what is the most effective way, just a breath of fresh air.

Would be nice to see few more Quick, Saros, Stalock type of fellows in the NHL. I mean, you don't have to go full Khudobin though.. :naughty:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Nice to see a clear win!

Also, bye Kuemper. Not gonna miss you.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
I know that feeling. It's been long time since watching Kipper, Thomas, types. Just refreshing to see something different in the era of positional monsters. There's something I miss in goaltending. Not saying what is the most effective way, just a breath of fresh air.

Would be nice to see few more Quick, Saros, Stalock type of fellows in the NHL. I mean, you don't have to go full Khudobin though.. :naughty:

Super Mario vs The Dominator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad