GDT: 3/28/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Great win, but can they sustain this level of play for more than a game and actually look like playoff form is another question.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Best win of the season?
It was a nice performance but I don't think it means a whole lot one way or another. In other words, I don't think they're all going back into the locker room thinking they've got it all figured out again. Nor should we. Just a good, solid regular season win against a quality opponent on the road. No more. No less.

One caveat might be that all of our scoring was 5x5 but even that is tempered by the fact that it is still only our big guns doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Byrddog

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL

Yes, Carolina is still a very good team. But they are a diminished team with the loss of two of the their top three scorers. It seems pretty likely that they are going to face the Islanders in Rd 1 and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Isles took that series. They've got Sorokin who is all world and the Canes all of sudden can't score. Not too mention they have no big bodies up front.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Didn't watch the game so can't comment on that, but great sign to have such win against another top team in the East.

What's worrisome though looking at the scoresheet is the lack of secondary scoring.

How did Fleury play?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Solid win but still a little concern going forward: unless the big three score all the goals we can’t win. We’re a one line team.

Reactions: Zwui21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad