GDT: 3/26/24 Flames @ Hawks 7:30 NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Alrighty. First full game I’ve watched in a while so here’s some takeaways…

1) obviously that Anderson-Dickinson-Slaggert line had a very good game.

2) Vlassic is a a freaking stud, man. Not a ton on offense but defensively he’s really good. He’s physical and he’ll aggressively make a defensive play which I love.

3) Mrazek had himself a GAME. Was reading and tracking the puck all nigjt

4) Reichel and Kurashev are NOT it. Disagree all you want but both of these guys either can’t make plays or don’t want to make plays. They both look like they’re overthinking things every step of the way

5) Jones and Foligno had nice games. If nothing else they play like vets out there. Overpaid for sure but on a good Hawks team they’ll have a lot of value.

6) most of this roster is absolute crap otherwise. We have so much borderline NHL talent here. You see it in the passing and puck movement especially. Plays die on guy’s sticks constantly. Scoring chances are often weak and almost everyone isn’t able to step up and make the big play.

7) Bedard. This kid has a world of talent and no one to share it with. We need to get him some good linemates next year no matter what. Screw the tank and our draft slot. Let this kid shine. He’s being so suppressed on this crappola roster it’s absurd.

Saw a Hawks win and Bedard got on the scoreboard. Very fun time. Would NOT want to be a Flames fan that’s for sure. Good grief.

Reactions: Wally1112pac

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I feel bad for Bedard. Playing with Kurashev and Donato. Multiple odd man rushes and neither guy can catch or make a pass

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Alrighty. First full game I’ve watched in a while so here’s some takeaways…

1) obviously that Anderson-Dickinson-Slaggert line had a very good game.

2) Vlassic is a a freaking stud, man. Not a ton on offense but defensively he’s really good. He’s physical and he’ll aggressively make a defensive play which I love.

3) Mrazek had himself a GAME. Was reading and tracking the puck all nigjt

4) Reichel and Kurashev are NOT it. Disagree all you want but both of these guys either can’t make plays or don’t want to make plays. They both look like they’re overthinking things every step of the way

5) Jones and Foligno had nice games. If nothing else they play like vets out there. Overpaid for sure but on a good Hawks team they’ll have a lot of value.

6) most of this roster is absolute crap otherwise. We have so much borderline NHL talent here. You see it in the passing and puck movement especially. Plays die on guy’s sticks constantly. Scoring chances are often weak and almost everyone isn’t able to step up and make the big play.

7) Bedard. This kid has a world of talent and no one to share it with. We need to get him some good linemates next year no matter what. Screw the tank and our draft slot. Let this kid shine. He’s being so suppressed on this crappola roster it’s absurd.

Saw a Hawks win and Bedard got on the scoreboard. Very fun time. Would NOT want to be a Flames fan that’s for sure. Good grief.
Everything you said. Was at the game tonite and really interesting to see the plays develop.

No more excuses for reichel Slaggart comes in out or college and is noticeable and make an impact.

Reichel has shown nothing. Nada. Zero.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That is what happens when your coach punishes you for ever little mistake and demands you play like Reese Johnson or your benched
Reichel just sucks this year, man. He's received 55 games of ice time with consistently terrible play, that's probably the longest leash in the NHL. Stop making excuses. He's not a baby.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I missed parts of the third but I really didn't think Reichel was that bad.. he's been ok since coming back up. Not where you want him at this point but not completely terrible

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I missed parts of the third but I really didn't think Reichel was that bad.. he's been ok since coming back up. Not where you want him at this point but not completely terrible
He hasn’t been, and definitely a bit unlucky at times.

I don’t think he’s a line driver, which is gonna hurt him because we don’t have many of those. AA who’s been injured and Entwistle who is nothing won’t help him. But the effort is there.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Reichel was mostly invisible except for not burying that breakaway.
Slags was noticeable on every shift.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Calgary really sucked early and Hawks really sucked the last 2 periods. Some oft he breakdowns by CGY were textbook failings you teach kids on the dry erase. Gave the Hawks signs of life when they shouldn't have had any.

Too early on Slaggert against good teams, but if he's going to play at 110% and force the opposition like that, you know you can dress him for more than half of next season already and let a few guys go. He didn't waste as many strides last night imo, which is a good sign, but I can't see everything from tv.

I'm glad the Hawks won and got some goals, but I was just as disturbed by their refusal to do so many basic things as I normally am.

Maybe just bag skate them the rest of the year, real practice doesn't seem to work. Let's just give Reichel the rest of the year off. Maybe give Richardson a break too, let him watch from 3rd level and see if it looks a little different for him.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Mrazek had a good game as well.

Side note, man what a bum Jonathan Huberdeau is. I didn't notice him at all last night. His last 4 seasons in Florida he paced for 99 points. Now he's barely a 50 point player, having an even worse season than last year. Did he just get paid and check out or what?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Mrazek had a good game as well.

Side note, man what a bum Jonathan Huberdeau is. I didn't notice him at all last night. His last 4 seasons in Florida he paced for 99 points. Now he's barely a 50 point player, having an even worse season than last year. Did he just get paid and check out or what?
Florida made bank on that trade. Tkachuk is a huge difference maker, Hubs is a passenger.

Reactions: Pez68 and ytsejam

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Is Donato an NHL player? I ask because if he was on my men's league team and I put him on the first line and he responded by missing not one but two wide open easy headman breakaway passes he sure wouldn't be on the first line by the end of that game.

My favorite part of the game was after Donato over baked the second breakaway pass, on the next shift Bedard had the puck through the neutral zone and Donato was a line ahead streaking towards the far blue line and Bedard looked him off and just kept skating it forcing Donato to come to a stop at the blue line. No F-ing way Bedard was gonna let that bender touch the puck again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad