[fieldset=previous meeting]
February 1st 2013 (3 - 8) W March 7th 2013 (2 - 1) L
[/fieldset]

foot1q.png
foot2.png

Last edited:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
This game just got a whole lot more interesting. I already knew it was a probable loss, but now? Total meltdown incoming!

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
This game just got a whole lot more interesting. I already knew it was a probable loss, but now? Total meltdown incoming!

Or a big win because the players got opened their eyes and start playing up to their potential, but I hope for a loss, pick Seth Jones and move on for next year.

After Yzerman made the decision, I somehow think it was the perfect timing. He can now run the rest of the year with the assistants and look, who is good and if it was all because of Boucher, or if they suck as well.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Hope to hell we keep losing. Need to get below the Flames and Avs =)

Doubt we have a chance of catching the Hindenberg-like Panthers though.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I hope they turn off tank mode just so the guys from Syracuse don't forget what it's like before they go back for the playoffs.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I wonder if the 1-3-1 at the beginning of yesterdays game was the last straw.:sarcasm:

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Not sure how LaCroix outlasted Boucher. :lol:

Gotta take everything the team does tonight with a grain of salt (good or bad, they lost their coach).

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Not sure how LaCroix outlasted Boucher. :lol:

Gotta take everything the team does tonight with a grain of salt (good or bad, they lost their coach).
Someone's got to run the team until a new head coach is picked. He could be head coach with Raymond until the end of the season, if Yzerman takes his time or doesn't want to remove Cooper before the AHL playoffs
Don't really know what to expect.

I think teams usually get a boost after a coach is fired. Raise your expectations a little higher than it was last night.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Someone's got to run the team until a new head coach is picked. He could be head coach with Raymond until the end of the season, if Yzerman takes his time or doesn't want to remove Cooper before the AHL playoffs

A lot of people are saying that, but I don't understand why he didn't let Boucher just coach until the end of the season then? If there was no intention to replace the coaching until the offseason, why let the HC go?

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
A lot of people are saying that, but I don't understand why he didn't let Boucher just coach until the end of the season then? If there was no intention to replace the coaching until the offseason, why let the HC go?

So we could openly look for a new coach. So Yzerman can evaluate assistants and players.
So Boucher could openly look for a new job.

Also I think Yzerman is sending a message to the players since the trade deadline is 10 days away.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
So we could openly look for a new coach. So Yzerman can evaluate assistants and players.

Also I think Yzerman is sending a message to the players since the trade deadline is 10 days away.

You know, thats a fantastic point I overlooked.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

To give Boucher more time to find a new job, or just make an inevitable change. Firing Boucher might give a jolt to this team to wake up and turn it around. It might also not. It's not very Yzerman-like to make impulsive decisions.

All this too

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jets fan here, hoping for a nice clean game. Just updating the injury situation looks like Enstrom is back in, Hainsey and Stuart are out. We've had our top 4 D healthy for a grand total of 3 minutes this season. Our D lines should be something like:

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Clitsome - Bogosian
Meech - Postma

That third pairing is pretty weak.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Doesn't Postma torch us every time though? I feel like that name stands out to me for some reason.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He had his first NHL goal against you. He's great offensively, not so great defensively.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
A win would be most appreciated...

I'm interested to watch our PP in the future now that it's no longer Boucher's.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Expecting a very weird game. Id assume they continue to run the same way as when Guy was here though, I dont imagine Raymond and company changing too much over 12 hours..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad