Pre-Game Talk: 3/21 Rangers @ Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I really hate the Hagelin-Hayes-Fast line.

I'd switch Hags and Kreider.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

id prefer to have Miller there.

Here's what id do.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
MZA - Brassard - Fasth
Hagelin - Hayes - Miller
Moore - Sheppard.

I'd dress glass but he wouldnt play.

run 3 LW.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I would like to try Hayes and Nash together. Playing with Stepan isn't going to help break Nash out of his funk.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I would like to try Hayes and Nash together. Playing with Stepan isn't going to help break Nash out of his funk.

actually you could really try to blow things up and go with this...

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Hagelin - Stepan - Miller
MZA - Brassard - Fasth
Moore - Sheppard

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
MZA - Brassard - Fasth
Moore - Sheppard

Having our giants on one line is very enticing. Doesn't leave much size for the other ones though.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Been wanting that third line for weeks. Hopefully they'll pot one so they can stay together.

They've used that line before. The line is FAR better with Miller as the RW instead of Fast.

Maybe Miller will fit well with Zucc-Brass and when MSL comes back they can slot him in with Hags-Hayes.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
They've used that line before. The line is FAR better with Miller as the RW instead of Fast.

Maybe Miller will fit well with Zucc-Brass and when MSL comes back they can slot him in with Hags-Hayes.

That 3rd line was a catalyst for this team. Don't mess with what works. If anything I would have kept them together and played them more minutes. Sort of like a 2A and 2B lines instead of 3rd.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

I agree... Miller has more offensive game, whereas Fast has a better all around game with less offensive capabilities.

Either way, I'm happy with those lines, and like what was posted, if Miller sticks in a top 6 spot, that allows MSL to go down to the Hagelin-Hayes line, which would do WONDERS for our RW depth...

Assuming Miller looks good in a top 6 spot and MSL stays on 3RW, I'd hope that they try this:

Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-MSL
Sheppard-Moore-Fast
Glass
Lindberg

That would be a reliable playoff lineup. It also assumes Kreider-Stepan-Nash doesn't get Nash going

Praying that Sather tells AV Glass will be a limited use option in the playoffs. Probably the most fair thing to do.

Too bad Carcillo could actually play hockey... damnit

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
not if you're poor dominic moore...lol. Ive never seen someone try to avoid passing to a winger like dom moore has with glass

lol Yeah I feel bad for him, but despite being on a line with Glass Moore has been damn solid all season. He's gotta be my favorite 4th line player right now.

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
MZA - Brassard - Fasth
Moore - Sheppard

I wouldn't mind seeing this at all.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yup! Wait until playoffs and we realize how clutch he is. His experience and playoff experience will be invaluable. If he has decent wingers he's a terrific 4th line center.

Last edited:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC

Hags and Hayes are about our only two players who've shown chemistry in the last couple of weeks and you want to split them up? We did that in our last game and that just meant that none of our lines gelled.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I miss goals.

This. I'm quite concerned that now the games are getting real and teams are tightening and we have sputtered as a result.

Maybe it's a rough patch but I think it has more to do with team defense being played against us.

Not good if they can't find a way to create.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
not if you're poor dominic moore...lol. Ive never seen someone try to avoid passing to a winger like dom moore has with glass

That's because Dom is a smart hockey player. He's better off going one-on-two, even with his limited offensive skillset, than dishing to Glass.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Win a bunch of low scoring games = offense sucks

Win a bunch of high scoring games = defense sucks

pretty sure it isn't both, but I wouldn't be able to tell reading some of the posts I've read since the Chicago loss

Maybe this team is just *gasp* good at winning???

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Need to snap our 1-game losing streak. A streak this long makes HF really freak out, need 8 straight wins after such a long losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad