GDT: 3/21/24 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ San Jose

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Vasy kept them in it and Kuch made magic for his linemates. Good recipe. The overall team was pretty meh though

It wasn't a fun blowout, but the 2 points were the most important thing. Keep the teams behind you at bay. There's another trap game in Anaheim right around the corner, so hopefully we'll be ready for that one.

Reactions: Outl4w and Meuracas

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Calling a spade a spade for two periods is “toxic negativity” 😂

Glad you’re impressed we put in 20 min of effort against an AHL team.

That's all we needed to do and won, so yes I'm happy.

Having to weed through dozens of posts that say we aren't a playoff caliber team when we were never behind this game is being negative, that is also calling a spade a spade.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Wasted 2.5 hrs when you could have just glanced at the box score the next morning for that dopamine hit smh.

Huh? I thought we just established that I enjoyed the game. Blowing out the other team for 60 minutes is also fun but there was plenty of entertainment on the ice tonight.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I said that is all we needed to do to win, I didn't say that is all I was happy about. Lots to watch and be entertained with even when we aren't juggernauts.

Again, if you're entertained by us being outplayed for the majority of a game by a far inferior opponent because you expect us to flip a switch and out-talent them in the end....to each their own.

But, again, I wouldn't consider it "toxic negativity" to be critical of poor effort/play when it's relevant.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Forgot I'd be blacked out of this one lol. Other than Kuch doing Kuch things, how did the rest of the team look ?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Forgot I'd be blacked out of this one lol. Other than Kuch doing Kuch things, how did the rest of the team look ?

This team is only going as far as Kuch, Point, and Vasy take them. Everyone else looked like a passenger...except for Duclair's scoring knack.

Reactions: dechire

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I said that is all we needed to do to win, I didn't say that is all I was happy about. Lots to watch and be entertained with even when we aren't juggernauts.
Team wins 5 in a row but doesn't dominate a bad team for all 3 periods(but did when it mattered), large part of the forum continues to see sky falling.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
4th line is vanilla pudding at a retirement home. It's there, not appealing, nobody wants it.

3rd line is like salt at a hospital cafeteria. Rarely seen but you thank God when you see it.

Stamkos looked like he was 40 tonight. Cirelli played decent. Hagel never stops. Duke, Point, and Kucherov took over and sealed the deal. Vasy was good. We played like it was a half assed scrimmage where the bench was betting on who could miss more passes than the guy sitting next to them. We played down the Sharks.

Lilleberg and falling on a pivot is about as certain as Killorn falling, Carle shooting under 35mph and Sustr looking for a raisin. It's about that solid of a bet.

TLDR; you didn't miss much. Kuch sneezed four points. Suck it MacKinnon.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Team played well to start, then slept walk through the latter 1st and 2nd. Vasy was excellent (and he needed to be because of far too many defensive lapses and.turnovers in the 2nd). Offense went dry, but they woke up when they needed. An early pp goal to start the 3rd and then the rest went rather smoothly. The top line was excellent again. It wasn't a work of art, but the end result of 2 points was all that mattered in this trap game.

Reactions: dechire

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Point scored 24 points in the last 15 games. If he had started playing so well earlier, Kucherov would have scored 160+ points.

Reactions: Zwui21

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
just the kind of result you love seeing against an echl team. we’re winning the cup imo

IMG_0100.jpeg

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Good win boys. I just saw the highlights and that's what you have to do, get two points. Now let's try to get 4 more down in Los Angeles this weekend.

Reactions: Outl4w

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Went to bed after the first because the game was rather boring. Glad vasy is fricken back, he had some great saves in the second. Some beautiful goals by the first line in the third. Kucherov with another 4 pt night ooooh yeaaa!!

Last edited:

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Team wins 5 in a row but doesn't dominate a bad team for all 3 periods(but did when it mattered), large part of the forum continues to see sky falling.
I believe in two of the wins against playoff teams we managed less than 10 shots in the final two periods of those games and the opposition hit at least 7 posts. There's been a big helping of luck in this run as well as being outplayed for the majority of the games. Let's keep it real, whether we win or lose.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Both my bold predictions of us beating the Sharks and playing down to their level and making the game unwatchable were met. But I didn't get the score right, so I guess I see why that Vancouver guy is betting "heavily" on sports (but not really).

If Vlasic ever needed a sign he should retire, it's Connor Sheary trying to fight him.

Reactions: The Macho King

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I believe in two of the wins against playoff teams we managed less than 10 shots in the final two periods of those games and the opposition hit at least 7 posts. There's been a big helping of luck in this run as well as being outplayed for the majority of the games. Let's keep it real, whether we win or lose.
They weren't outplayed for the majority ofnteh Philly, N.Y. or Vegas games. Even last night was more even, and when the team dominated in the 3rd, they did what they needed to do. Vasy stole the Fla game, so be it, as it's not as though that hasn't happened to Tampa many times. Over the course of any win streal, it is very rare to.not see a team need some good fortune to go their way. Vasy being the best G on the ice most nights again here recently is also a much needed boost. Of course there are still deficiencies with the team, but instead of incessantly complaining about them every single game regardless of what the score is, I'll choose to try and focus on the positives of the team.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah, no f***ing shit.

That’s like saying the oilers are only going as far as McDavid and Draisaitle take them.

Maybe I stated the obvious. Guess that was intended for all the people who still think 3 guys can win you a Cup.

Narrator: They can’t

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
My 3 stars for this game:
1. Vasy
2. Kuch
3. Point

And it's not even close between 1 and 2. I re-watched the highlights and Vasy absolutely in my eyes was 2-3 goals below expected by the end of the 2nd period.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Give the Sharks credit; They played a gritty choppy game which kept the Bolts in check for two periods. I was at this game and loved watching the magic from KPD line. Defense is not good though.....

Edit: Oh and the Shark Tank sucks. It has gone down hill bigtime.

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3