Post-Game Talk: 3-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I thought this game was going to OT.

Great effort, shutdown Kucherov and overall excellent defensively 5v5 and on that PK.

1st star to Barkov imo. His elite defense and offense showed up this game. Maybe he read our criticisms of his past play in the pregame thread..

so worth only getting 3 hours of sleep over.

Man, you really have ptsd with those Bolts lool

They won't be in this series, unless Gary wants it.

Rest easy, you're too much stress, all your posts lately have been about fear...

Just... Trust your/this team and...

BELIEVE !

:nod:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Hmm ESPN or Ballys….
Neither one would come in at the house....had to make a last minute dash to the bar to watch the game. Had plans for lunch while watching game, ended up being a liquid lunch, w/no breakfast. Oh well, at least they won!
Anybody else with xfinity have that problem?

Man tank had some good setup plays this game that we couldnt finish. Lots of good effort keeping the play alive and keeping the puck in their zone.

Hes gonna be big these playoffs
I loved when he blasted Kucherov*

*even though it probably should’ve been an interference call

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Watch out for Kuch next game… he didn’t have a good one at all.
1713740402961.png

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
To be fair, plenty of Lightning fans are telling off those with these takes and saying their team simply needs to play better (at least on their forum). Even the best fanbases will have a few guys like this.
They all seem to agree they're not winning if the refs swallow their whistles so let's hope that it stays 5 on 5 as much as possible.

Reactions: Laus723

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So not to derail the thread over sad stuff. But for me personally, since the playoffs started all I can think about is how a year ago my dad celebrated his final birthday (the 28th) and it coincided with that game 6 against Boston and how magical that run was.

My dad would ask how the Panthers were doing even though he didn't know or care about hockey.

Anyway this run is making feel emotional

I wish he was still here for this one.

PatchesOhoulihan

Apr 18, 2024
So not to derail the thread over sad stuff. But for me personally, since the playoffs started all I can think about is how a year ago my dad celebrated his final birthday (the 28th) and it coincided with that game 6 against Boston and how magical that run was.

My dad would ask how the Panthers were doing even though he didn't know or care about hockey.

Anyway this run is making feel emotional

I wish he was still here for this one.
I dread the day I lose my parents

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I am a lil worried how the lightning clamped down on us a bit in the 1st and second

Only allowed us 6 shots in 25
Minutes after shutting the lightning out the first 15 min.

But we still got the win so i cant complain too much and always good to win and have things to work on, first time running the full lineup in a while so bound to have some rough spots.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Lightning fans complaining about the refs is f***ing *chef's kiss*

They got away with f***ing murder in the third period.

The refs took a line and followed it through the rest of the game well IMO. Although that call on Verhaege at the end was completely nuts. There is dude on Tampa board looking at other games and saying they should be calling more penalties :laugh: when they got away with more.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't think it was a great game. whether it was both teams playing conservatively, us trying to avoid being penalized or something else, it was a slow game and it lacked physicality. PK was begging for some more in the intermissions and even Maurice admitted it was not a physical game despite the numbers of hits reported.

maybe it was the early start? are we trying to manage effort early on? just felt like we were not really skating.

that said, the PP to start the 3rd was key and we got the goal. we were physical enough yet disciplined and got the stops from bob at key times.

I'm happy with the W but I think we're going to need much more to win game 2.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't think it was a great game. whether it was both teams playing conservatively, us trying to avoid being penalized or something else, it was a slow game and it lacked physicality. PK was begging for some more in the intermissions and even Maurice admitted it was not a physical game despite the numbers of hits reported.

maybe it was the early start? are we trying to manage effort early on? just felt like we were not really skating.

that said, the PP to start the 3rd was key and we got the goal. we were physical enough yet disciplined and got the stops from bob at key times.

I'm happy with the W but I think we're going to need much more to win game 2.

Despite what Maurice says, there were more hits than in any other game so far in the playoffs. It was just low event hockey because both were structured. It was very physical. Maybe it wasn't as entertaining as the Winnipeg-Colorado game but those teams decided to go full firewagon hockey, which isn't sustainable in the playoffs.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Best thing for me aside from the solid play all around was the 4th line. They were just so solid, fert really comfortable with them out and they put on a lot of pressure. Hoping we can keep Stenlund.
Stenner is a must re-sign imo. Size, rh faceoff guy, pk ace and very good 5v5 for a 4th liner too. He extends plays in the o zone with his size and reach.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Despite what Maurice says, there were more hits than in any other game so far in the playoffs. It was just low event hockey because both were structured. It was very physical. Maybe it wasn't as entertaining as the Winnipeg-Colorado game but those teams decided to go full firewagon hockey, which isn't sustainable in the playoffs.

there's a lot of room between fire wagon hockey and what we saw.

the only way I can think of to put it is that we played down to the speed TBL wanted to play at. as it happens, it worked today. I just don't think we'll see that game again this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad