Post-Game Talk: 3-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Please change thread title to reflect the 4-1 score we should have had if the officials didn't spot Tampa the most egregious hook in the history of hooks with like 1:30 to play.
Obviously strong hockey play by tampa against the florida goonthers
Refs bought that game for bettmans panthers, verhaeghe needs to go on trial for that egregious cross check too

• Haha
Reactions: Amorgus and PSLguy

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Going to throw this out there, my view from the cheap seats was thus:

I saw someone say in this thread that they're scared when Kulikov is on the ice... I'm scared shitless when Montour is on the ice. He looks like he is on horse tranquilizers, he is atrocious.
Hes been a shell of himself offensively and defensively hes not that good.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
And who got that absolute bs call at the end. Would think Tampa fans are more knowledgeable after seeing playoff hockey for years.
To be fair, plenty of Lightning fans are telling off those with these takes and saying their team simply needs to play better (at least on their forum). Even the best fanbases will have a few guys like this.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Lightning fans complaining about refs are delusional. The entire arena stood up screaming at the too many men on the ice penalty that was missed right there as the play was going through it. Tampa could have been called for a lot in the third period, and it was very obvious that they were being game-managed into the final power play.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
when you realize you forgot to turn the stove off

IMG_2012.jpeg

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
So you’re saying you didn’t like his PP1 performance of passing it to Barkov 45 times then ripping a clapper into someone’s shin pads from the high slot.

Worse than that, he just made really, really questionable decisions all across the ice, and especially took weirdly bad pursuit angles on some pucks, and at other times seemed completely oblivious to the Tampa forecheck. He is not good right now.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking, give the first puck of the playoffs to Bob.

Bob was good today. He wasn't one of the three stars, probably due to low volume of shots faced, but he made some good saves and generally looks like he's ready for this run. I think if he's capable of giving us that effort for the whole series, we'll finally get past Tampa.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Hate the Djoker since his antics with COVID... But not a bad champion to take a page or two from.

Barky's work to get faster and quicker have lead to probably his best-level ever, another Selke, and what seems to be a great start to the playoffs, which hasn't been the case the last few years.

So good work Sasha, congrats on the changes !

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Glad this play worked !

They've been going for it since Tarasenko came in, and also sporadically with Carter before his injury.

I know you all are frustrated with our PP, but we've been doing pretty good mouvement and chances, just nothing going in lately...

Our PP still finished in the top-10 iirc, yet we were ice-cold to start the season, same at the end... Must have been pretty good at some point ! ;)

If we get that last play going, and keep Tkachuk down-low, teams are gonna go crazy defending Barkov/Tkachuk, the bumper AND the Verhaeghe backdoor... Trust me.

We'll see results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad