GDT: 3/19/17 | Wild @ Jets | 4PM CT / 11PM Suomi | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
This team needs Prosser in the lineup! He is a beast at preventing goals and we would have won with him in. I bet BB sees this and inserts him the rest of the season!

I have a hard time believing Prosser was the difference-maker. Glad to see Nathaniel has some fans out there, though. :cheers:

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I know people have moved past corsi but it's still kind of interesting at times to see it in single-game slices: Nino last night was 84.6% (22 shot attempts for - 4 against), and the worst on the team was Graovac who was still a positive 52.9%.

This team is still dominating games, just need a confidence-builder for the keeper. Saw this with Dubnyk earlier in his career, where he started having a crisis. It's why he bounced around so much. He can get it together, just wish there was a better backup option so he didn't feel like it was all on him.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I know people have moved past corsi but it's still kind of interesting at times to see it in single-game slices: Nino last night was 84.6% (22 shot attempts for - 4 against), and the worst on the team was Graovac who was still a positive 52.9%.

This team is still dominating games, just need a confidence-builder for the keeper. Saw this with Dubnyk earlier in his career, where he started having a crisis. It's why he bounced around so much. He can get it together, just wish there was a better backup option so he didn't feel like it was all on him.

This is what is encouraging to me. If we were just getting dominated and blown out, that would be a whole different scenario. But I watch the games, and I think we're playing pretty solid hockey. It's just NOT going our way right now. Maybe we're taking our lumps for some luck we had earlier in the year.

The good thing is, our awesome play earlier in the year has afforded us plenty of wiggle room to stay afloat during a bad stretch like this.

If we pull out of it here and start playing well again, this could be a valuable experience for the playoffs. Because there is going to be adversity in the playoffs. Hopefully they can look back on this and know that they can battle through it.

Step 1 is winning on Tuesday, though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Amen on the the backup. I think we all knew it was a weakness before the TDL , but hoped it wouldn't come into play. Sure enuf, it's biting us in the butt. Can't wait for the Kuemper era to end. Ideally, we'd have an aging pro tender as backup, but we don't, unless Stalock counts as that. I would bet that Michalek is a better option than him, but who knows?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Agree completely. Team needs a couple solid wins in a row to get them back on track is all. Not worried. They'll still be in the playoffs. I just would like to see them go into the playoffs ready to kill someone as opposed to fearing for their lives.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Agree completely. Team needs a couple solid wins in a row to get them back on track is all. Not worried. They'll still be in the playoffs. I just would like to see them go into the playoffs ready to kill someone as opposed to fearing for their lives.

The team needs to look at how they played in the 2nd period... That was some of the best hockey they played all season. They looked determined and aggressive. In the 3rd they seemed more concerned about allowing a goal again. This team is absolutely at their best when they are more concerned about being aggressive and on the attack.

Stop playing afraid guys! Few teams can match you when you're the aggressor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad