GDT: 3/16/24 - 6:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
so were the bruins last year. Anything can happen in the playoffs.
Whatever makes you feel good buddy

I'm just calling it like I see it. It's not like I am making ish up.

They dominated us. A win is a win! Naw...context matters. They hammered us like we used to do to them. Where do you think they learned how to play like they do...with an edge...FROM US!!!!!!

Reactions: Papa044

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Tampa outplayed them in the 1st and early parts of the 2nd. They had a great chance to go up 5-0 and then let them back in. Florida was better the latter 2nd and the 3rd, but the offense was opportunistic and Vasy was the best goalie on the ice. Defense had problems, but overall, 2 points secured and 3 straight!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I had said earlier this week that if we could get at least 3 points out of Florida, NY, Vegas, I'd be happy. Right now we have 4 with another game to go still. So I'm pretty darn happy. Thursday was about us getting better as the game progressed. Tonight was the opposite and things went in reverse. But either way, all points were secured. Much easier to swallow that then leaving empty handed or throwing away a point to the Panthers.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
We want no part of the Panthers in the playoffs. Zero. This season they own the Lightning. Own kuck. Own point. Win virtually every puck battle. Outskate us. Man the Lightning have been totally outclassed by the Panthers this season.

That said, get the top wild card and avoid them. Maybe someone else knocks them off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can toast to that. We certainly aren't good enough to run the shell with who we have. But if Vasy has found form (he sure did tonight) we stand a fighting chance against just about anyone
If Vasy has found his form, we should make t-shirts for the Cooper Shell, because it means we actually do have a chance, but if we win, we will see a lot more of this. We stole it from Torts in 2019 and never looked back. But with a highly skilled team, it looks a lot better. Right now we look like the 2019 CBJ, but less tough, and with Nikita Kucherov.

Reactions: Outl4w

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
We want no part of the Panthers in the playoffs. Zero. This season they own the Lightning. Own kuck. Own point. Win virtually every puck battle. Outskate us. Man the Lightning have been totally outclassed by the Panthers this season.

That said, get the top wild card and avoid them. Maybe someone else knocks them off.
iu

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Hmm... I was more impressed by the NY win as Vasy and the goalposts kind of carried us through this game against what looked a better team after the first period. 50 to 16 shots for the game, 38 to 5 after the first, that's not good.

Reactions: Outl4w

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Important 2 points, game was fun but sloppy play for most of the players, just sit and wait. Great game by Vassy, key factor stealing the game. Good contribution of Ace and Hagel. The bad part of the game is watching Sheary taking that elbow, but the problem is that he came back, I expected put him on LTIR and forget about him for 2 seasons!

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Whatever makes you feel good buddy

I'm just calling it like I see it. It's not like I am making ish up.

They dominated us. A win is a win! Naw...context matters. They hammered us like we used to do to them. Where do you think they learned how to play like they do...with an edge...FROM US!!!!!!
context for what? You think regular season success equals playoff success? have you been watching hockey the past 5 years?

Last edited:
Reactions: Master P

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
If Vasy has found his form, we should make t-shirts for the Cooper Shell, because it means we actually do have a chance, but if we win, we will see a lot more of this. We stole it from Torts in 2019 and never looked back. But with a highly skilled team, it looks a lot better. Right now we look like the 2019 CBJ, but less tough, and with Nikita Kucherov.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are at least a dozen coaches who could have coached this core in their prime to a lot of playoff and Cup success. Maybe even more of it. But Coop was and is the coach and therefore gets the credit as he should, but I HATE the shell and always have. Particularly how early in games he goes to it. I can understand it late in games but to me doing it so early is telling your players that you don't have confidence in them and to stop doing what it is that got you a lead in the first place.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I may have to give up my dream of wrestling avatars for a Cooper Shell theme. Make it the blue shell from Mario Kart and it just completely jacks up our lead and hits us every time

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
We need Jeannot back and possibly Watson on the bench. Two games in a row teams are taking runs at guys with intent to injure at the end of the game. That shit needs to be stopped. We are very lucky Kuch and Asseymonte didn't get serious knee injuries in the 3rd period.

Reactions: Renopucker

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
context for what? You think regular season success equals playoff success? have you been watching hockey the past 5 years?
What are you trying to argue here?

Short term? 2 points. Awesome. We need it.

REALITY - They beat the crap out of us for most of the game. VASY stole it. Do you disagree?

EDIT: And why insult me by asking if I've watched hockey for the last 5 years? Why? What's the point of being a jerk? I'm not personally attacking you. SMDH

Last edited:
Reactions: gn2007 and Bartleby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad