GDT: 3/14/13 - Colorado @ Minnesota - 7:00 p.m. CDT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
Holy people! I'm saying there seems to be for sure 1 or 2 phantom calls a game on us. Your stat has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I can't be the only one noticing these calls. It's probably more to do with just overall bad officiating this year.
Granted, I haven't watched every game that closely, but I don't think we're getting screwed on calls.

The only truly phantom call I can think of is years old when I think it was Todd Bertuzzi slipped around the faceoff dot in our defensive zone and nobody was around. The crowd laughed, the official whipped his head around, and his arm went up and called one of our defense for tripping when he was nowhere close. :laugh:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I've thought the Wild have actually been getting a lot of breaks in terms of penalties. Granted, they've been hit with some ticky-tack stuff; but that's coming off of the Wild getting like 3 PPs in a row, 5-3s, and what have you so you know something is going to be coming back the other way. Just how the game works...

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i agree with TP...i noticed Rupp interfering like a boss last night with no call.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I just rewatched the Suter, Parise, MK goal. That play is a prime example of why everyone and their brother wanted Suter and Parise this off season. Those two set up that goal in such effortless fashion. It is one of the prettiest plays for a goal I've ever seen. It's picture perfect.

Wildfan10*

I don't think we're getting screwed, just one or 2 calls a game that leave me shaking my head.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I feel annoyed by the Anaheim game with the Zucker injury and a couple non calls. That is the only game that really upsets me.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Fantastic game to be at. I knew the team wasn't going to sink without a trace when Konopka went out in the first few minutes and started the destruction.

The atmosphere was still muted at times because people are waiting to lose, but overall that might have been the best of the three I've been to in the last week (really since Anaheim was so garbage it's between last night and the Canucks).

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Had to leave the game about 3/4 of the way in the 3rd because I've had a fever out of control this week. Which sucks because my two favorite hotties were sitting behind us lol.

Anyways, game was awesome. They are getting some sexy shots and just not getting it in the back of the net. That has to be frustrating. Heatley is invisible out there now. I can tell he pretty much hates his role on this team now. Defense has to get more solid. Backstrom was on his ass a lot.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Fantastic game to be at. I knew the team wasn't going to sink without a trace when Konopka went out in the first few minutes and started the destruction.

The atmosphere was still muted at times because people are waiting to lose, but overall that might have been the best of the three I've been to in the last week (really since Anaheim was so garbage it's between last night and the Canucks).

18,889 for a Thursday night game is redic. We had weekend games at the beginning of the year that weren't that good.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I don't think Setoguchi turned his game around. His hustle has been there since day one, but the lines he was on at that point may as well have been playing wind-up football. I would say Cullen has turned his around though, and monstrously.

Bouchard vs. Zucker: I'd be happy with either winning. Though he probably won't, at this point Heatley deserves to lose this battle.

In the first intermission, Mitchell looked like he had just given birth. I guess he gets goals the same way they create shadow assassins in Game of Thrones. Exhausting stuff.

Broduter's beast mode button is stuck.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
18,889 for a Thursday night game is redic. We had weekend games at the beginning of the year that weren't that good.

It filled up pretty late it seemed, I assume because of traffic perhaps, since it was less full than Columbus with 5 minutes before puck drop.

That tilt I think for me "looked" like the worst live attendance I've seen all season (out of the 8 I've been to so far -- Dallas, Preds, Columbus, Chicago, Calgary, Canucks, Ducks and Avs last night), and that was still pretty full.

As to your fever seems like there is a lot of stuff about at the moment. I caught something that basically went into full out horrible cold mode during that Ducks game, and I was at least over most of it last night though it's still lingering.

Two friends had to bail because of the flu though. Brutal stuff, at least I have avoided that so far.

Wildfan10*

If the Wild can consistently play like they did last night and against the Canucks then this is a very dangerous team. I can see us finishing in the top half of goals scored by the end of the season (pretty big accomplishment for this franchise). The talent is all there, they are just finally all starting to click. I am very excited for this team right now.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
If the Wild can consistently play like they did last night and against the Canucks then this is a very dangerous team. I can see us finishing in the top half of goals scored by the end of the season (pretty big accomplishment for this franchise). The talent is all there, they are just finally all starting to click. I am very excited for this team right now.

I think your right on with that. They are starting to predict each others movements and styles. Suter especially seems to be able to pick the right things to do for other players to succeed, hence his stat sheet. Koivu looks like he is now comfortable out there with Parise and Coyle and how they all work. Koivu I think is also gaining confidence in taking the shot, or looking for it, instead of looking to pass. Parise is Parise. Which is always good.

Billy Mays Here*

I would want nothing more than to beat the Canucks in their place. Not so much because of the standings, but more because we haven't won there in forever.

Fin9*

dont stop the partay in helsinki finland minnesota usa like pitbull says!!!!

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
That SPK goal was a KLM line like performance.
Man it was good to see.
So unwild goal.
A beauty.

Plus.
Add Brodin's.
Baconator's wrister.
I may have shed a tear.
I was moist from top to bottom.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It filled up pretty late it seemed, I assume because of traffic perhaps, since it was less full than Columbus with 5 minutes before puck drop.

That tilt I think for me "looked" like the worst live attendance I've seen all season (out of the 8 I've been to so far -- Dallas, Preds, Columbus, Chicago, Calgary, Canucks, Ducks and Avs last night), and that was still pretty full.

As to your fever seems like there is a lot of stuff about at the moment. I caught something that basically went into full out horrible cold mode during that Ducks game, and I was at least over most of it last night though it's still lingering.

Two friends had to bail because of the flu though. Brutal stuff, at least I have avoided that so far.

Eh. It was pretty much at capacity on the lower level by the time the National Anthem was over with. Typical at least. Traffic was very terrible though. I usually can leave Maple Grove at 5:10 and be down there before 5:50. Took us until 6:15 using 94E because of the james on 694 by 35W. Usually plan for that though, so we had enough time regardless. Our parking lot was almost full though too by the time we got there. And I didn't have fairweather fans around me for once!

Dude I was shivering the entire 2nd period. The girls behind us we got to know pretty well (one is a total damn cutie too!) and they were giving me crap because I was shaking so badly. We were flirting the entire game I didn't have the heart to tell her I had a fever in the 103's :biglaugh: got home by 1030 and promptly went into a coma until the morning. Still hovering in the 100's but isn't nearly as bad.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Obviously huge win last night, very pleased with the effort and magnificant Koivu-Parise-Suter goal. Pleased with everyones effort last night and huge win before the road trip now.

This is the best I've ever seen Cullen play, and enough to warrant serious consideration of bringing him back even with all our rookies coming up next year.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Eh. It was pretty much at capacity on the lower level by the time the National Anthem was over with. Typical at least. Traffic was very terrible though. I usually can leave Maple Grove at 5:10 and be down there before 5:50. Took us until 6:15 using 94E because of the james on 694 by 35W. Usually plan for that though, so we had enough time regardless. Our parking lot was almost full though too by the time we got there. And I didn't have fairweather fans around me for once!

Dude I was shivering the entire 2nd period. The girls behind us we got to know pretty well (one is a total damn cutie too!) and they were giving me crap because I was shaking so badly. We were flirting the entire game I didn't have the heart to tell her I had a fever in the 103's :biglaugh: got home by 1030 and promptly went into a coma until the morning. Still hovering in the 100's but isn't nearly as bad.

It's easy for me to get to games coming down on the St. Paul side from Woodbury I can't imagine having to drive from the other side getting there. My friend is a Doctor at the U, and he has to bring clothes and drive straight from work or he can't make puck drop.

That's brutal man, but some dedication. I was just glad my cold meds didn't make we walk around in a stupor for the entire game.

The only girls I remember this year sat next to us for the Dallas game, and I remember them because they sat through warm ups, left, came back for puck drop REEKING of weed and then left halfway through the first and never came back.

Why even go to a game? Why not just sit at home and do that? For the price of those seats it's a complete waste. Might as well let someone who actually gives two ***** sit there instead.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It's easy for me to get to games coming down on the St. Paul side from Woodbury I can't imagine having to drive from the other side getting there. My friend is a Doctor at the U, and he has to bring clothes and drive straight from work or he can't make puck drop.

It sucks sometimes, but it is what it is. I have a job where I can wear jeans and a collared shirt so on game days I just wear a tshirt with my UA jacket around all day. Perfect lining for the jersey over it anyways. Sure You hate life with Target Field I'm sure. I could backroad it pretty well if I needed to, but I would get my dad so lost. I took 35E last time and got off at Maryland and weaved into downtown and he had no clue where we were lol.

That's brutal man, but some dedication. I was just glad my cold meds didn't make we walk around in a stupor for the entire game.

Don't really wanna miss games, especially ones that happen to be that thrilling to watch. I didn't even want to leave 3/4 of the way through the 3rd either. But I was damn near falling over and people probably thought I was drunk :biglaugh:

The only girls I remember this year sat next to us for the Dallas game, and I remember them because they sat through warm ups, left, came back for puck drop REEKING of weed and then left halfway through the first and never came back.

These girls take pics (one had a spendy Nikon candy) of the team and post them up on their Twitter page. I keep forgetting to ask them the handles and stuff. Worst people I've had next to me was a guy who was trying to make his move on V-day and had the corporate seats next to us and didn't know his head from his own ass. When he got shot down, they left promptly.

Why even go to a game? Why not just sit at home and do that? For the price of those seats it's a complete waste. Might as well let someone who actually gives two ***** sit there instead.

I agree. most people get them for free though.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
It sucks sometimes, but it is what it is. I have a job where I can wear jeans and a collared shirt so on game days I just wear a tshirt with my UA jacket around all day. Perfect lining for the jersey over it anyways. Sure You hate life with Target Field I'm sure. I could backroad it pretty well if I needed to, but I would get my dad so lost. I took 35E last time and got off at Maryland and weaved into downtown and he had no clue where we were lol.

Before I moved back I was out here checking places in July, and my friend took me to Twins/Orioles for my birthday. It was a bad traffic day, but it was ridiculous to get all the way over there, though he swears it's easier than it seems.

I'll probably just go see the Saints play instead. I'd rather see them play because if they are ***** I expect it like a player last year who slid for second and basically stopped short about 20 feet from the bag and was tagged out easily. It was hilarious (mainly because he wasn't on St. Paul).

Target Field just seems a bit too much for me, though it was finally cool to see it. It's just kind of all this event stuff on steroids that kills games for me. Which is probably why the Pohlads can get away with what they are doing.

These girls take pics (one had a spendy Nikon candy) of the team and post them up on their Twitter page. I keep forgetting to ask them the handles and stuff. Worst people I've had next to me was a guy who was trying to make his move on V-day and had the corporate seats next to us and didn't know his head from his own ass. When he got shot down, they left promptly.

I agree. most people get them for free though.

Yeah, and I have to grab pictures with my crap iPhone, at least the video looks cool when I go down to the glass.

Ouch, Mr. Suit shot down eh? Awesome. :D

There seems to be a mix of solid fans and "it's an event" type people where I usually sit. I've met some great people at games , and then some bad ones like the dude who kicked my friend's beer over at this Colorado game after my friend said "Dude, my beer is right there, please don't step on it" and he saw it and kicked it anyway. Face. Palm.

It's tough to get hardcore fans down in sections where you are paying about 70 bucks face value for tickets, but we've had a few good ones this year.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
This was an amazing game to go to! The atmosphere at the X was great, it is nice to have an optimistic buzz going for this team again. The guy looked great out there. Nice bounce back game after that deflating loss to the Ducks. Brodin is just amazing out there and it was great to see him rewarded with a goal finally. Suter and Brodin could become the new Weber Suter imo.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
stash-1-50a77f72105a1.gif
I like her Fletcher impersonation from the 4th of July. :yo: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad