GDT: 3/14/13 - Colorado @ Minnesota - 7:00 p.m. CDT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Crazy how fast things can change in a year. Brodz was unstoppable last year, and then he signed the contract. :shakehead

He's completely forgotten what got him that contract IMO. He wants to be someone he's not and thus isn't playing to his strengths AT ALL.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
That was a decent game from our guys tonight. There were some mistakes, namely our pp still sucks. They were at least moving the puck more quickly on the pp, and seemed to be trying to make it more dynamic, which was something at least.

I might have to back off on Yeo some if the next two games continue to have the intensity the guys have shown over the last few games.

At least they're trying harder and starting to get a little more precise with their decisions and actions.

It's exciting to see them puttin up so many shots:handclap: I hope they can continue this trend.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He's completely forgotten what got him that contract IMO. He wants to be someone he's not and thus isn't playing to his strengths AT ALL.

I don't see this. It's not like he's trying to dangle guys at the blue line or anything. He's still playing a grinding game along the boards and in front of the net. It's just not working as well as last year, for whatever reason.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Granlund on the 3rd line until he improves offensively is just fine. That's where Koivu got his start.

Koivu didn't have the raw offensive tools that Granlund has and needs to be cultivated. Of course it depends who would be on the 3rd line, but it wouldn't be my top option.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think the bigger issue is his play in the defensive zone. Instead of moving his feet and getting to the puck carrier, he's staying back and reaching limply trying to stay free in case he does manage to knock the puck loose. Thinking offensively in the defensive zone before you get the puck is a defenders worst enemy.

He used to be an aggressive back checker that supported the defense well. Now he's very passive looking to be open too much when the team doesn't have the puck.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Koivu didn't have the raw offensive tools that Granlund has and needs to be cultivated. Of course it depends who would be on the 3rd line, but it wouldn't be my top option.

I see Larsson being on the 3rd line wing next year and one thing I have always loved is how those two play together on the same line.

Billy Mays Here*

I don't like the taste of it, but I'm totally eating crow on wanting to get rid of Cullen earlier.

Wildfan10*

Just got back from the game, and wow what a game it was. May have been the most exciting game i've been to.

The power play looked a lot better. They didn't score but they moved the pucks very well.

Parise and Koivu are finally starting to really click.

Suter is the real deal. He should definitely be in the norris discussions.

Coyle is getting better and better.

We may be the unluckiest team in the league. I swear to god, 75% of the goals other teams score on us are just flukes. THe aves had two tonight.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
My take on the game as I was able to see it, just not able to post while it was on.

The Koivu goal was a thing of beauty. I haven't seen one like that in the NHL in quite a while.

Brodin scored! :handclap: The first of many.

The soft fluke goals continue. The Avs should have never been in the game at all, but a knuckler, and one off the boards to the side made the score closer than it was. I don't know WTF is going on with the Wild and why it keeps happening, but the law of averages dictates that the Wild are owed around 10 of those by the end of the season. :shakehead

Clutterbuck actually fought someone. :laugh:

PMB played well. I don't know if I want him out there over Zucker though. Against the Avs I am not concerned, but against a more skilled team I want more shots.

Overall it was a good game. The feeling should carry over into Saturday.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Very happy that Zucker is even a option to play on Saturday. You scared me JZ

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Damn, it seems I missed a really good game :(
Good for Brodin! 1st of the many.
How was Bouchard?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Watched that Koivu goal about 10 times now. That video needs more love on HF. Koivu/Parise/Suter/Brodin.....the Dream Team.

Wildfan10*

O, and brodin had a nice snipe for his first nhl goal. Good sign.

Also, the refs seem to be anti Wild every game. We got absolutely screwed by 2 calls tonight. Seems to be a daily thing.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Our team has improved so much it's incredible. I am very satisfied with where we are right now. We have to keep it up, though, no slacking. We keep it up, we not only easily make the playoffs but we very well could take the division and how incredible would that be!

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Hey guys! The Wild are now even in goal differential!

It's all downhill from here!

EDIT: And if playoffs started today, first round would be against Vancouver. That could be fun.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Didn't watch this game, like apparently other Thursday night Colorado games. But saw Brodin's goal and Mikko too. I thought Mikko was going to miss the wide open net because that's usually what happens :laugh: Good for the guys to get a win and Suter is a boss.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I really can't decide between my next jersey being a Suter or a Brodin jersey.

stash-1-50a77f72105a1.gif

Wildfan10*

The Wild is the second least penalized team in the league and have the least amount of time shorthanded in the entire league.

Holy people! I'm saying there seems to be for sure 1 or 2 phantom calls a game on us. Your stat has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I can't be the only one noticing these calls. It's probably more to do with just overall bad officiating this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad