GDT: 3-12-24 7:30pm Ducks @ Hawks NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Reese Johnson is just utterly worthless. Like, if you're going to be that bad at hockey, you have to be able to fight, or at least hold your own. Tinordi getting manhandled by McTavish is utterly embarrassing too.
I am not losing sleep over losing Boris Katchouk but I dont understand why they kept Reese Johnson over him

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
This year’s draft is different. Bedard is obviously a once in every 10 years talent, tanking was unbelievably important to try to get him.

Celebrini is obviously going to be good, but not that level. The next 5 or six guys after him are in the same tier, so if we don’t win first, it doesn’t matter nearly as much where we land this year.
I will take the wins and goal scoring. I cant handle more games of Hawks being shut out, it is depressing. I am looking forward to Slaggert and hopefully Nazar icing up for the Hawks

ello

Jun 12, 2018
id argue that Bedard was still finding his footing when Hall was healthy. The confidence he's playing with right now is almost night and day (plus natural maturity and progression) and I'm pretty confident that Hall would find a way to play with this kid

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
kurashev has 31 points with bedard and 10 without. bedard has 40 points with kurashev and 11 without.

they're pretty good together i think.

Bedard would've had more points without Kurashev if 4 of his goals weren't disallowed (3 of them were unassisted).

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Since I bitched about him so much early in the season, I should give credit where it's due: Tyler Johnson has really bounced back in the last month+ since he came back from injury. Been the recipient of Bedard's wizardry on the PP but it's not nothing to be aware and ready for the passes he's converting, and he's looked much better at 5 on 5 too

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Since I bitched about him so much early in the season, I should give credit where it's due: Tyler Johnson has really bounced back in the last month+ since he came back from injury. Been the recipient of Bedard's wizardry on the PP but it's not nothing to be aware and ready for the passes he's converting, and he's looked much better at 5 on 5 too
Has been solid especially since his return

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I am not losing sleep over losing Boris Katchouk but I dont understand why they kept Reese Johnson over him
His willingness to get punched in the face. He doesn’t do anything else, so there’s no other plausible reason.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I was at the game last night and it was a blast.....Hawks looked good on the PP....and of course the brawl which didn't go our way. I'm really torn on the wave.....I hate it, but it does get the crowd going....kind of like being a zoo animal. Bedard commands attention like Kane, but know where guys are and delivers the puck accurately and with authority.....Kurashev and AA were flying around pretty good.....nice to come home with a big smile.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I was at the game last night and it was a blast.....Hawks looked good on the PP....and of course the brawl which didn't go our way. I'm really torn on the wave.....I hate it, but it does get the crowd going....kind of like being a zoo animal. Bedard commands attention like Kane, but know where guys are and delivers the puck accurately and with authority.....Kurashev and AA were flying around pretty good.....nice to come home with a big smile.
The wave is embarrassing.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Bedard would've had more points without Kurashev if 4 of his goals weren't disallowed (3 of them were unassisted).

4 disallowed goals? I remember 3 disallowed goals overturned due to offside reviews - 1 early in the season when AA put himself offside and then 2 more recently after Bedard returned from injury - 1 when Megna didn't hold the puck in and the other when Bedard didn't keep the puck in the o-zone.

What is the 4th disallowed goal?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Play more ANA and SJ and AZ please.

They have 2 more games against SJ, 1 more against ANA and no more against AZ. However, of the other 13 games remaining on their schedule - only 4 games are against teams currently not in a playoff position - Calgary, Ottawa, Minnesota and St. Louis - and the Hawks probably wouldn't be favored to win against any of them.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
4 disallowed goals? I remember 3 disallowed goals overturned due to offside reviews - 1 early in the season when AA put himself offside and then 2 more recently after Bedard returned from injury - 1 when Megna didn't hold the puck in and the other when Bedard didn't keep the puck in the o-zone.

What is the 4th disallowed goal?

When Crevier pulled the puck out of the zone.

I still think about the Boston game disallowed one alot. Bedard did the Kane celly when he scored and it was all for not.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I was in attendance. Absolutley electric. It was one of the best games I could have gone to. Loved the "Green Bay sucks" chants hilarious. Also, those Bedard passes reminded me of Kane in how easy he made it look and still making tough passes. Also, that goal was like many of Ovi's, you knew exactly would Bedard would do which was shoot and he still scored. He's the truth.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
They have 2 more games against SJ, 1 more against ANA and no more against AZ. However, of the other 13 games remaining on their schedule - only 4 games are against teams currently not in a playoff position - Calgary, Ottawa, Minnesota and St. Louis - and the Hawks probably wouldn't be favored to win against any of them.

They should be favored against Ottawa… for some reason Ottawa can’t seem to beat any version of Chicago haha.

Otherwise I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad