GDT: 3-12-24 7:30pm Ducks @ Hawks NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I wouldn't say that. AA will open up ice for linemates ..... we saw tonight what Bedard can do when he gets that extra space. And if teams concentrate on blanketing Bedard he has a knack for finding the open guy.
Athanasiou needs the puck on his stick. He's a really dumb hockey player. Terrible fit with a guy as smart as Bedard.

And you don't break up Foligno Bedard and Kurashev. Line scored thirteen points tonight.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
I wouldn't say that. AA will open up ice for linemates ..... we saw tonight what Bedard can do when he gets that extra space. And if teams concentrate on blanketing Bedard he has a knack for finding the open guy.
Yeah ... but that open guy will be AA! :(

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
This year’s draft is different. Bedard is obviously a once in every 10 years talent, tanking was unbelievably important to try to get him.

Celebrini is obviously going to be good, but not that level. The next 5 or six guys after him are in the same tier, so if we don’t win first, it doesn’t matter nearly as much where we land this year.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Athanasiou needs the puck on his stick. He's a really dumb hockey player. Terrible fit with a guy as smart as Bedard.

And you don't break up Foligno Bedard and Kurashev. Line scored thirteen points tonight.
Agreed about keeping the 17-58-23 combo together for now....but remember who we played against recently. The speed of AA adds a new dynamic with his speed. He doesn't need to be smart just skate and go to the net. 98 will provide the smarts.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Agreed about keeping the 17-58-23 combo together for now....but remember who we played against recently. The speed of AA adds a new dynamic with his speed. He doesn't need to be smart just skate and go to the net. 98 will provide the smarts.
Athanasiou is a nonfactor without the puck. AA is playing the same game with Reese Johnson as he is with McDavid. He's extremely dangerous in transition and that's about it.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This year’s draft is different. Bedard is obviously a once in every 10 years talent, tanking was unbelievably important to try to get him.

Celebrini is obviously going to be good, but not that level. The next 5 or six guys after him are in the same tier, so if we don’t win first, it doesn’t matter nearly as much where we land this year.
The concern is to not want to limit their lottery victory odds. The next year or 2 this still is probably a bottom 5 team. But if they can't win the lottery that could bite.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Does anyone know Kurashev’s with Bedard/without Bedard split?
He had 5 points while Bedard was out. Quick math would be 31 with Bedard and 5 without , but I also am only just counting Bedards injury and not like when they weren't on a line together or whatever.

After tonight would be 35 with Bedard, 5 without.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Does anyone know Kurashev’s with Bedard/without Bedard split?
It’s probably not great lol.

Speaking of which, he hit 40 points so great for him! I know some are saying it’s all Bedard and to a degree yeah sure, but it’s a talent within itself to play with talent like that. We saw Hall and Bedard have zero chemistry despite Hall being a more talented player than Kurashev.

I just think back to Crosby’s linemates for a long time. They weren’t superstars by any means, Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. It’s far more important to understand how that generational talent plays and complement them as opposed to keep up with them talent wise.

Kurashev stays with Bedard as long as those two continue to work well together.

Reactions: Pez68

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Hall's sort of brain dead. I wasn't shocked that didn't work. I'm not sure what I think about Kurashev..I think he could be a good grinder and forechecker for Bedard after Foligno leaves/can't keep up but I'm not trying to pay him 5x6 or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad