Injury Report: 3/11 Greiss to IR (retroactive to 3/7)

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Stalock is exempt for the remainder of this season or 58 more NHL games, whichever comes first...my money is on him not reaching the 58 NHL games before the season is over. :laugh:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Here is a good question. If the Sharks miss the playoffs, or even just sell at the deadline, do they play Greiss at all? I doubt they have any plans of retaining him after this season, and Stalock needs NHL time, do they basically bench Greiss and give Stalock or even Setari his time in order to see where they are at?

CBJenga

May 30, 2008
Here is a good question. If the Sharks miss the playoffs, or even just sell at the deadline, do they play Greiss at all? I doubt they have any plans of retaining him after this season, and Stalock needs NHL time, do they basically bench Greiss and give Stalock or even Setari his time in order to see where they are at?

What does missing the playoffs or selling have to do with playing Greiss. Obviously Greiss sits:sarcasm:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
What does missing the playoffs or selling have to do with playing Greiss. Obviously Greiss sits:sarcasm:

haha. yah

But seriously, I can't come up with a real reason to ever ice Greiss again if the Sharks are going to sell. My bet is they'd bench him if they can spare the roster spot, or waive him, and give Stalock as many NHL starts as they can to get a real feel of if he's ready.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My completely irrelevant and uninformed opinion is that Greiss will be traded at the deadline for a late pick. He clearly doesn't have a future with this organization, and there are plenty of team's who could use a good back-up with some upside.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
My completely irrelevant and uninformed opinion is that Greiss will be traded at the deadline for a late pick. He clearly doesn't have a future with this organization, and there are plenty of team's who could use a good back-up with some upside.

I agree and hope so, be good for him to get some place where he can play / complete. Stalock really is ready for the NHL I believe.

Last edited:

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I hope Greiss can find a good home if he's traded. I've always felt comfortable with him in net, where I'm screaming "aaaaaaah!" in my head whenever Alex faces a shot. Guess I just need to get used to him being in net because there's good reason as to why I get nervous.

EastBayShark

Aug 10, 2011
San Jose, CA
What have backup goalies (traded as depth-only goalies) typically received in the past? Thinking Greiss could receive any better than a 4th? He is getting up there in age to be considered a "prospect".

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
If that happens, I feel bad for Stalock because he will end up playing 14 games over the course of next two years instead of getting all kinds of play time in Woostah. Experience never hurts.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
He played yesterday, gave up a 2 goal lead with 3 minutes remaining to get beat in OT. Not sure how much of that was his fault..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad