2nd Overall pick moving?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=775782

Well, our question about the NHL has been answered.

That being said, no reason we can't continue our trade freeze for the benefit of the DOPP.

Interesting. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that this is still a non-roster trade though. A draft pick for a junior player's rights could conceivably be permissible but roster trades not, but I'm blind guessing.

I'm certainly open to reviewing (or at least putting in writing) the trade freeze rule for next year, but I don't think Phoenix realizing Jared Staal sucks is a good enough reason for us to change mid-playoffs right now. :sarcasm:

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
lol, what a stir I have created. I have no doubt that there is a trade freeze in effect, however, I don't think that really stops anybody from talking about hypothetical situations that might occur after the freeze ends. In my case I may have a deal in theory on the table but because this alleged deal was negotiated during the freeze I am not obligated to enforce the deal if the other party decided it was not in their best interest. However, I do not see the hurt in some conversation happening between non-playoff teams or playoff teams. Just because a GM is in the playoffs doesn't mean he is not thinking about what his team might potentially look like in the next season and think about what he might or might not deal once he has become eliminated.

It was advertised that the 2nd overall pick might move for the right deal, and there were many hypothetical scenarios discussed with both playoff and non playoff teams. Granted some may have felt they missed the boat, but I did have a specific criteria in mind and most of those who showed interested did not fit the bill.

The rest of the league will have to see if this rumour is indeed true and if both parties submit the rumoured deal to the Dopp after the trade freeze, hehe.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Interesting. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that this is still a non-roster trade though. A draft pick for a junior player's rights could conceivably be permissible but roster trades not, but I'm blind guessing.

I'm certainly open to reviewing (or at least putting in writing) the trade freeze rule for next year, but I don't think Phoenix realizing Jared Staal sucks is a good enough reason for us to change mid-playoffs right now. :sarcasm:

wait...but I thought he was supposed to be the best of the bunch? :sarcasm:

Default101

I know i've been taking a break from fantasy hockey i've had a little conversation about my 8th but it's been few and far between. Andrew's always up for conversation (my AGM) and i think it'll be good chance for him to learn more about this because he's got some really good potential in terms of maybe one day being successful in running a team in this league. To be honest i've been in discussions with a couple NHL teams, already had an interview with one, with another one pending, trying to get a part-time gig scouting. I've had some good feedback both in confidence boosting, as well as finding out areas i need to improve in. Either way I will still be involved with Phoenix to some degree, maybe myself and andrew will switch roles if this happens, who knows i don't wanna get ahead of myself, but i'm open for trade discussions with anyone willing to have some conversations and can contact myself or AGM Andrew in terms of this. Obviously no rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad